Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Ranga runner
You want to know a crazy church
Here in NZ Destiny church is petitioning to the government for money so it can build it's own 'holy city'

You from NZ too same here. Yeah heard that burning_eyes its scary! I mean if they do that it be some kind of war or it will turn to cult! and yeps of people will die.
BATCATGIRL
Ranga runner
Here in NZ Destiny church is petitioning to the government for money so it can build it's own 'holy city'

You from NZ too same here. Yeah heard that burning_eyes its scary! I mean if they do that it be some kind of war or it will turn to cult! and yeps of people will die.

Awesome what part. Aucklander here born and raised
I'm a little scared of Destiny church because they are using voting numbers to bribe the government into doing what it wants. Its a sneaky way to get around the whole separation of church and state thing

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Ranga runner
BATCATGIRL
Ranga runner

I'm a little scared of Destiny church because they are using voting numbers to bribe the government into doing what it wants. Its a sneaky way to get around the whole separation of church and state thing

Same here Aucklander here born and raised.
Yeah I would be scared. I heard they are going to do to it in South Auckland. I'm like! well...they might have a hard time with the gangs.

Distinct Genius

13,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Yes. I have a very bad experience with my former church. The people who ran it were obviously money grubbing scammers. Then again, just about all pentecostal churches are led by money grubbing scammers.

I was led to believe as a child that if I did not donate to the church I was a bad person. I always wondered why they kept asking for money when the pastors and church kept getting bigger and bigger, with more and more technology, spending everything on vastly unnecessary improvements. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks: They're megalomaniacs.

Eloquent Bloodsucker

BATCATGIRL
Ranga runner
BATCATGIRL
Ranga runner

Yeah I would be scared. I heard they are going to do to it in South Auckland. I'm like! well...they might have a hard time with the gangs.

lol.

My fellow Aucklanders! the whole "our own city" thing is concerning. Creeps me out, but it seems to creep out everyone who isn't in Destiny Church so I'm not sure it will ever actually happen. I wouldn't have thought the Nats would take Destiny all that seriously. I am somewhat reassured by the way government and the media responded when they had their anti-civil-union march years ago, calling them Nazis, and by the way they weren't invited to the inter-faith discussion where the National Statement on Religious Diversity was signed on the basis of being too intolerant.

Although now I say that I can't remember where I originally read it. So maybe you should just discount that. I know they weren't there and they ended up protesting outside but maybe they elected not to join in.

And there's definite awareness of them as a possible dangerous organisation. People have their eye on them. And tbh, I don't think they need to petition the govt for money. They could probably afford to build it themselves. Tamaki is rich as ******** with all that money he begs his people for.

As to City Impact, there's one along the road from me. They creep me the ******** out, that couple who run it, but I haven't had any interactions with the church itself.

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Sanguina Cruenta
BATCATGIRL
Ranga runner
BATCATGIRL
Ranga runner

lol.

My fellow Aucklanders! the whole "our own city" thing is concerning. Creeps me out, but it seems to creep out everyone who isn't in Destiny Church so I'm not sure it will ever actually happen. I wouldn't have thought the Nats would take Destiny all that seriously. I am somewhat reassured by the way government and the media responded when they had their anti-civil-union march years ago, calling them Nazis, and by the way they weren't invited to the inter-faith discussion where the National Statement on Religious Diversity was signed on the basis of being too intolerant.

Although now I say that I can't remember where I originally read it. So maybe you should just discount that. I know they weren't there and they ended up protesting outside but maybe they elected not to join in.

And there's definite awareness of them as a possible dangerous organisation. People have their eye on them. And tbh, I don't think they need to petition the govt for money. They could probably afford to build it themselves. Tamaki is rich as ******** with all that money he begs his people for.

As to City Impact, there's one along the road from me. They creep me the ******** out, that couple who run it, but I haven't had any interactions with the church itself.

Hey! another Aucklanders! 4laugh

That is good to hear they got people watching them. Just the fact they want to build a school etc I'm like....oh gezz this is when problems could come.
But I doubt they get it because you have to buy land and etc for that stuff.

Have you heard anyone that gone to shitty impact lols. xd

Shy Bunny

26,800 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
BATCATGIRL
Sanguina Cruenta
BATCATGIRL
Ranga runner
BATCATGIRL
Ranga runner

lol.

That is good to hear they got people watching them. Just the fact they want to build a school etc I'm like....oh gezz this is when problems could come.

Was a group here in the US some many years back wanted to try and take over the entire state of South Carolina, make it their own little Cristian nation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Exodus
Bad experiences in church? Bah. Bah I say. Some of my best times were at churches that were trying to convert me by telling me I was going to hell or telling me to confess my sins. My sides ached so bad one time, I had to excuse myself to go and rent The Simpsons movie just so I could mellow out, so to speak. Also been asked to leave pagan festivals that talk all about peace and love. Except when you laugh at them for saying all pagans worship trees. Apparently, peace and love only goes so damn far. Hypocrites. And atheist thought meetings where you start laughing at the person who just stood up and condemned all religion because his mom made him go to a Baptist church at Easter. I suppose that isn't a church, but still. Fun times. Fun times indeed.

2,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
dh8d1
Yes. I have a very bad experience with my former church. The people who ran it were obviously money grubbing scammers. Then again, just about all pentecostal churches are led by money grubbing scammers.

I was led to believe as a child that if I did not donate to the church I was a bad person. I always wondered why they kept asking for money when the pastors and church kept getting bigger and bigger, with more and more technology, spending everything on vastly unnecessary improvements. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks: They're megalomaniacs.

Did you ask your Pastor about the churches transparency concerning it's sunday donations? I'm sure they would have told you how it worked because churches don't want to lose people, and smart churches will be transparent about their finances.

Or are you making a point out of ignorance?

Shameless Worshipper

8,400 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
BATCATGIRL
Has anyone had a bad experience with a church?

I ask because one of my friends went to a church called City Impact Church.
Its a church in New Zealand.

I've heard bad stories about them

1) One of my friends name Hana. Her mum found her a part time job at that church.
Just cleaning there fancy cars. I mean like million dollar cars I'm talking here. Hana
wasn't involved with the church at all. One day these two mean part of the church
said "Oh kids brought up with fathers end screw up" This really hurt my friend Hana
because her father passed away when she was little. So she never return.

2) Hana's half sister went to that church. She asked one of the pastors.
My dad didn't believe in God does that mean he will go to hell?
and that pastor said yes. Of course she left as well.

3) My friend who is or was going to City Impact Church.
Just left after the Pastor say "People who are not fellow of Jesus will go to hell.
People who don't believe in God are sick diseases people. You should put Jesus first
and your money.

I believe in God and I was brought up catholic. But I don't go to church.
But I do believe in God.

Just asking has anyone got a crazy story to tell to a church they went too?
yes iv had very foul experience with churches, hmm lets see the one i grew up in is teaming with hypocrites, and reject people they dont want to understand. aka me. also i have been looked down upon in a catholic church when i didnt partake in their rituals, such as the wafer or the communion, or kneeling etc
Sanguina Cruenta
BATCATGIRL
Ranga runner
BATCATGIRL
Ranga runner

lol.

The holy city idea doesn't bode well.
It really is a scary idea and I am glad the government handled them the way they did.
But still they keep getting media time and their numbers do appear to be growing.
:/

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Hoppie
BATCATGIRL
Sanguina Cruenta
BATCATGIRL
Ranga runner

lol.

Was a group here in the US some many years back wanted to try and take over the entire state of South Carolina, make it their own little Cristian nation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Exodus

Okay...that is scary. But anything is possible in America. In New Zealand is little. But I won't put my guard down because of that. So..has it become cult pretty much there?

Distinct Genius

13,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Golden Black Tea
dh8d1

Did you ask your Pastor about the churches transparency concerning it's sunday donations? I'm sure they would have told you how it worked because churches don't want to lose people, and smart churches will be transparent about their finances.

Or are you making a point out of ignorance?

I don't need to ask that church about their finances. I saw what they did with them by watching the church get unnecessary expensive additions and nice shiny suits while others live in homelessness and extreme poverty.
I wholeheartedly agree churches don't want to lose people. No cult does.

Suggesting my ignorance? I suppose that just shows your attitude.

Aged Gaian

5,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
When my step dad had our family converted to Christianity, I refused to convert, but I did go to church against my will. I was told all the time that Jesus is G-d, that we have to accept Jesus or we will go to hell, and that hell was a literal place of torment for anyone who refuses Jesus as messiah. My questions were never answered, and I was told I was speaking blasphemy for asking anything at all. The pastor told me all the time to just tell myself all the time that Jesus was messiah, and eventually I would believe it, but this seems like brain washing, so after being depressed I decided I didn't need Jesus, I was fine without him. I don't believe G-d will send me or my ancestors to hell.

I remember walking out because a teenage girl got pregnant and the pastor told her to leave in front of the whole congregation for being a sinner, no one did anything, no one said anything, so I had to at least leave with her. My mom stopped going after the church put an ATM inside the Sanctuary so people could withdraw money and give it to them. I also remember the church collecting money for a children's home, but when the money was raised the pastor got an expensive new car.

I also went to a church by my house, it was my grandfathers church on my step dads side, that church was all hell fire and brimstone, so I didn't go there again. I go to a synagogue now, and I love it. We don't have a collection plate go around to collect money, instead you pay a yearly minimum and get to attend, there's no pressure if you can't pay you just give what you can for that month and no one bothers you or makes you feel bad about it.

Aged Lunatic

Ever heard of snake handling churches? Ever think they were myths?

They aren't.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces