Welcome to Gaia! ::

samurai4christ
The bible isnt the only thing that proves him real. look around you. all of the wild life and, were the world is located. at the PERFECT spot. we dont freze or fry because of the location we are at. you cant tell me that a big bang did that because, it isnt possible.

Except that we do freeze and burn, often at the same time in different places. The global temperature can vary over 100F across the world, and can also vary 100F in one place over the course of a year.

Considering our orbit is elliptical (round, but not circular) we actually vary in distance from the Sun by a fair bit. The "sweet spot" would probably be larger. And besides, if we were much closer or further from the sun, either life would've adapted to its conditions much like they did to our current ones, or there wouldn't be life on Earth.

A bit late, maybe, but I hate to see this kind of ignorance.
Dark Lord Drake
Aredina

Wow did you know that the 10 commandments came from the Eqyptian Book of the Dead.

Source for this claim?

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_10cl.htm
Decided to post it myself as Aredina seems to have gone from the thread.
Yes, but just because things that are on a wall at Luxor are older than the Bible does not mean that they are true, does it? And yes, I believe in a man- made book. But you are saying that you believe in a record of the birth of horus at luxor, and that was man- made, right? I don't think that Horus came down and carved it himself? Or rather, in my mind, he couldn't. I know what wars are caused by, and I know what happens when they start. And it's horrible. But I don't think that a war is going to break out because of a religious debate on Gaia.

Let me ask you this one questions:
What do you think is the truth? What do you believe in?

Aye, you are right that a "war" wont break out on Gaia. Im not talking about gaia presay, im just saying that religion is a VERY touchy subject and people get very offensive on it. Im just saying going around saying that another's isnt real. As a statement isnt right, and should not be done. I never said your god is not real. I said I do not beleive in your god. He still is your god, but is not mine.

To be truthful what I beleive in would take to long for me to sit here and explian why and how and who and what I believe in. There is to much, and some of it may be crazy sounding to you and others. I do not dicuss everything in what I bleieve. I do beleive there are gods. Mind you they look nothing like what many people think gods should like. Or maybe they do. No one has seen a god or your god or any god in many years. I myslef have not, so I can not tell you what they look like. I just know that when they do return they will not like the state that humanity has put our selves in and i dont blame them. Be it your god or whos ever god, when they return they will not no, we will not like what they bestoe upon us.
You started this asking us to ask you questions we had on christianity. To this day no christan has been able to answer my questions with out it being a all out my religion is better then yours. You are wrong, your going to hell bs. I want someone to sit down with me and truly answer my questions without freaking on me, and telling me Im crazy. Because if Jesus was real, I do wonder with is views how many told him he was.
But be it as it may, I still see no proof in Jesus and until there is proof I wont. I see to many "old gods" and how they came to be to beleive that your jesus was the only one. Horus and Jesus, their stories are close to be by mere accident. Either they were real or they werent. I wouldnt mind telling what I beleive. But only if you really want me to, and I would only do it in a pm. To many people out there that I dont feel like dealing or arguing with.
Dark Lord Drake
Aredina

Wow did you know that the 10 commandments came from the Eqyptian Book of the Dead.

Source for this claim?

Zeitgeist likely. She's already pulled the Jesus = Horus argument out, so it wouldn't surprise me if this is from Zeitgeist too.
iKnighty
Dark Lord Drake
Aredina

Source for this claim?

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_10cl.htm
Decided to post it myself as Aredina seems to have gone from the thread.

Thank you, but i wasnt gone. I was posting something for my husband on his school page, and writing that long post on here.
Trorbes
Dark Lord Drake
Aredina

Source for this claim?

Zeitgeist likely. She's already pulled the Jesus = Horus argument out, so it wouldn't surprise me if this is from Zeitgeist too.

What is Zeitgeist??

Sorry dont know what that is. I read books, and been talking about this for sometime now.
Trorbes
Dark Lord Drake
Aredina

Source for this claim?

Actually, I've heard of that before Zeitgeist.

Let me try and find a source.
Aredina
Auggie 10
Aredina
mokonafan
Aredina

tisk tisk. Im so sorry to hear you havent ever hear of Chrishna, Mithra, Eros, Adonis, Horus, and thats to name a few. Before you tell me these are mythical gods blah blah blah blah, you have to remeber these are SOMEONES god. To truley think that your god is the ONE and only God out there is conceded and selfish and stupid. Now Horus, there is the birth of him on the walls at the Temple of Luxor. There isnt anything like that supporting jesus. I want you to read the Egyptian book of the dead, and see how much in that book sounds so much like your little rice page book sitting in your lap. You can find it at a library.

So you are telling me I need to have faith in your god becuase of the earth?? Wow, concedering I worship the earth and all she has to give, i have to believe that some floating old white man created it. Well hun, all I have seen from men are distruction and death. Not creation and love. I anything created us, and loves us it would be a woman. Not a man.

Just because there is a record of the birth of Horus carved onto the walls ofa temple in Luxor does not mean that it is true. For Christians to believe that our God is the one and only God in the whole universe is not conceded, it is what we believe. For you to pass judgment on us for being monothiestic is conceded and selfish. And there is a story supporting the birth of Jesus. In the book of Matthew in the New testament, it says:
"About 2000 years ago God sent an angel to Israel, to a virgin named Mary. She was engaged to Joseph, a carpenter. The angel told Mary that by God's power, she would conceive and bear a son.

When Joseph learned that she was pregnant, an angel instructed him to marry her. Joseph took her to Bethlehem to register for a census. While there, Mary gave birth to Jesus. She laid him in a manger because there was no room at the inn. Shepherds visited Jesus in Bethlehem. "
If that is not a record of birth, then I do not know what is. You do not need to believe in Jesus Christ because of the Earth, you can believe in whatever you want. And please, do not forget: You cannot accuse Humans of destroying this planet when you are Human as well. And there are also people who are trying to save the planet.

Im sorry, I know what the bible says. Trust me this isnt my first religious debate. But the things on that wall, and the things in the epic of giligmesh, are far older than the stories in the bible. I dont really care if you beleive or not. But I find it very very odd that you read and believe a book that was written by man. I dont care if it was written by a woman either. It WASNT written by god. And Im not going to take the things in that book to heart. Yea there are some good values in that book, that oh by the way are older then you think. And that fine, if you want to beleive that they are the word of God whatever. I dont care. No body should care, but BUT if you want to be left alone then you also need to understand that there is a line and if you cross that line with the wrong person its no longer a debate. It turns into a war. every war out there has been over 4 things, money, land, control and religion.

Beleive what you want. Im not going to stop you, and if I could try, I still couldnt do it. Until you came across the truth. And then even if you did you would have to open your eyes before you could see it.
I find it funny how you don't believe in our god, But using his bible. Huhu how funny.

HO HO thats funny too, shows me how much you really dont know about your own bible. Wow did you know that the 10 commandments came from the Eqyptian Book of the Dead. Haha that so funny. But really just because I dont agree with what it says about your god, and your christ, and ect dosnt mean I dont have to agree with the Princpels of it book.
Gee it seems like christans dont agree with evolution and people like me saying the earth is billions of years old. But oh yea Dinosaurs are cool.
Sorry to burst your bubble, But the ten commandments were NOT written by egyptians. They were written on a rock by the lord. I don't know what bible you are reading from, hun.
Angels_Satire
Trorbes
Dark Lord Drake
Aredina

Source for this claim?

I already posted the source, http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_10cl.htm.
Auggie 10
Aredina
Auggie 10
Aredina
mokonafan
Aredina

tisk tisk. Im so sorry to hear you havent ever hear of Chrishna, Mithra, Eros, Adonis, Horus, and thats to name a few. Before you tell me these are mythical gods blah blah blah blah, you have to remeber these are SOMEONES god. To truley think that your god is the ONE and only God out there is conceded and selfish and stupid. Now Horus, there is the birth of him on the walls at the Temple of Luxor. There isnt anything like that supporting jesus. I want you to read the Egyptian book of the dead, and see how much in that book sounds so much like your little rice page book sitting in your lap. You can find it at a library.

So you are telling me I need to have faith in your god becuase of the earth?? Wow, concedering I worship the earth and all she has to give, i have to believe that some floating old white man created it. Well hun, all I have seen from men are distruction and death. Not creation and love. I anything created us, and loves us it would be a woman. Not a man.

Just because there is a record of the birth of Horus carved onto the walls ofa temple in Luxor does not mean that it is true. For Christians to believe that our God is the one and only God in the whole universe is not conceded, it is what we believe. For you to pass judgment on us for being monothiestic is conceded and selfish. And there is a story supporting the birth of Jesus. In the book of Matthew in the New testament, it says:
"About 2000 years ago God sent an angel to Israel, to a virgin named Mary. She was engaged to Joseph, a carpenter. The angel told Mary that by God's power, she would conceive and bear a son.

When Joseph learned that she was pregnant, an angel instructed him to marry her. Joseph took her to Bethlehem to register for a census. While there, Mary gave birth to Jesus. She laid him in a manger because there was no room at the inn. Shepherds visited Jesus in Bethlehem. "
If that is not a record of birth, then I do not know what is. You do not need to believe in Jesus Christ because of the Earth, you can believe in whatever you want. And please, do not forget: You cannot accuse Humans of destroying this planet when you are Human as well. And there are also people who are trying to save the planet.

Im sorry, I know what the bible says. Trust me this isnt my first religious debate. But the things on that wall, and the things in the epic of giligmesh, are far older than the stories in the bible. I dont really care if you beleive or not. But I find it very very odd that you read and believe a book that was written by man. I dont care if it was written by a woman either. It WASNT written by god. And Im not going to take the things in that book to heart. Yea there are some good values in that book, that oh by the way are older then you think. And that fine, if you want to beleive that they are the word of God whatever. I dont care. No body should care, but BUT if you want to be left alone then you also need to understand that there is a line and if you cross that line with the wrong person its no longer a debate. It turns into a war. every war out there has been over 4 things, money, land, control and religion.

Beleive what you want. Im not going to stop you, and if I could try, I still couldnt do it. Until you came across the truth. And then even if you did you would have to open your eyes before you could see it.
I find it funny how you don't believe in our god, But using his bible. Huhu how funny.

HO HO thats funny too, shows me how much you really dont know about your own bible. Wow did you know that the 10 commandments came from the Eqyptian Book of the Dead. Haha that so funny. But really just because I dont agree with what it says about your god, and your christ, and ect dosnt mean I dont have to agree with the Princpels of it book.
Gee it seems like christans dont agree with evolution and people like me saying the earth is billions of years old. But oh yea Dinosaurs are cool.
Sorry to burst your bubble, But the ten commandments were NOT written by egyptians. They were written on a rock by the lord. I don't know what bible you are reading from, hun.

Then why are similar to the rules written in the Egyptian Book of the Dead.
iKnighty
Auggie 10
Aredina
Auggie 10
Aredina

Well, They could have copied off of the truth.
Auggie 10
iKnighty
Auggie 10
Aredina
Auggie 10
Aredina

Well, They could have copied off of the truth.

The Book of Dead was written about 1800 BCE, while the Hebrew Exodus from Egypt and the writing of the commandments is estimated at about 1491 BCE. What do you say about that?
iKnighty
Angels_Satire
Trorbes
Dark Lord Drake
Aredina

Source for this claim?

I need to get around to re-reading the book of the dead.
wow, i really have to say. Congrats. You are the first person I have dealt with in a long time so stubbern as you are. How old are you? Just please do me a favor and check out the Egyptian Book of the Dead at your local Library. Read it. Just for knowedge's sake. Read it. How can you judge what other people beleive if you have no idea what they beleive, why they bleieve it and tell them they are wrong. Before you try to use my own words agaisnt me, let me tell you that once upon a time I was just as stubborn as you and didnt want to look past the things in front of me. If after you look past them, and dont see truth in them, then keep your ways. Keep what you beleive to be true. But until you do that, you cant condim people you cant tell us we are wrong just because we dont beleive.
Like I said I was christan once. I looked for reasons why things are the way they are threw that book in your lap, and I couldnt find them. I could make them up, but i couldnt truly find them.

edit: I was talking to Auggie 10. I deleted everything when I quoted him though. Sorry
iKnighty
Angels_Satire
Trorbes
Dark Lord Drake
Aredina

Source for this claim?

Okay it bears some similarity. Though that doesn't really substantiate her claim that the 10 commandments came from there. Especially noting that those shared are the most common sense ones.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff