Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Puppy

Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Aredina
I have a question.

Tell me then, if your bible is true why are there so many "christ" men with the same stories of christ found in history thousands of years before Jesus was ever born?
Why is there no historical findings (besides your bible) that prove him to be real?

Why is the Epic of Gilgamesh, a story about the flood written in a language that out dates the story of Noah??

what other times has there been that there was another "christ"? i dont recal any being there.
The bible isnt the only thing that proves him real. look around you. all of the wild life and, were the world is located. at the PERFECT spot. we dont freze or fry because of the location we are at. you cant tell me that a big bang did that because, it isnt possible.
and, i dont know what the heck you mean?

It's not that perfect. Life is hardy. I imagine the habitable zone is larger than we think it is.

And the Big Bang theory has as much to do with solar system evolution as the Magna Carta has to do with me being born.

i never said life was perfect. i said that the world was in the perfect spot. if we were just a little away from the sun, we would freeze, if we were a little big closer to the sun, we would fry. no, live is FAR from perfect. what is the habitable zone?? i just think you are taking small things and twisting them around and calling them a contradiction.
Aredina
samurai4christ
Aredina
I have a question.

Tell me then, if your bible is true why are there so many "christ" men with the same stories of christ found in history thousands of years before Jesus was ever born?
Why is there no historical findings (besides your bible) that prove him to be real?

Why is the Epic of Gilgamesh, a story about the flood written in a language that out dates the story of Noah??

what other times has there been that there was another "christ"? i dont recal any being there.
The bible isnt the only thing that proves him real. look around you. all of the wild life and, were the world is located. at the PERFECT spot. we dont freze or fry because of the location we are at. you cant tell me that a big bang did that because, it isnt possible.

tisk tisk. Im so sorry to hear you havent ever hear of Chrishna, Mithra, Eros, Adonis, Horus, and thats to name a few. Before you tell me these are mythical gods blah blah blah blah, you have to remeber these are SOMEONES god. To truley think that your god is the ONE and only God out there is conceded and selfish and stupid. Now Horus, there is the birth of him on the walls at the Temple of Luxor. There isnt anything like that supporting jesus. I want you to read the Egyptian book of the dead, and see how much in that book sounds so much like your little rice page book sitting in your lap. You can find it at a library.

So you are telling me I need to have faith in your god becuase of the earth?? Wow, concedering I worship the earth and all she has to give, i have to believe that some floating old white man created it. Well hun, all I have seen from men are distruction and death. Not creation and love. I anything created us, and loves us it would be a woman. Not a man.
User Image
samurai4christ
samurai4christ
Aredina
I have a question.

well, also, someone didnt just find the bible as a whole. the books are ancient scrolls that they found a long time ago.

I understand that the bible is a bunch of ancient scrolls they found, but the epic of Giligmesh is written in stone. And so is the birth of Horus in the temple of Luxor, and ect.
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Aredina
I have a question.

It's not that perfect. Life is hardy. I imagine the habitable zone is larger than we think it is.

And the Big Bang theory has as much to do with solar system evolution as the Magna Carta has to do with me being born.

i never said life was perfect. i said that the world was in the perfect spot. if we were just a little away from the sun, we would freeze, if we were a little big closer to the sun, we would fry. no, live is FAR from perfect. what is the habitable zone?? i just think you are taking small things and twisting them around and calling them a contradiction.
3nodding
Aredina
samurai4christ
samurai4christ
Aredina
I have a question.

well, also, someone didnt just find the bible as a whole. the books are ancient scrolls that they found a long time ago.

I understand that the bible is a bunch of ancient scrolls they found, but the epic of Giligmesh is written in stone. And so is the birth of Horus in the temple of Luxor, and ect.
What do These multiple God's do for you may i say?

Shy Puppy

Aredina
samurai4christ
Aredina
I have a question.

tisk tisk. Im so sorry to hear you havent ever hear of Chrishna, Mithra, Eros, Adonis, Horus, and thats to name a few. Before you tell me these are mythical gods blah blah blah blah, you have to remeber these are SOMEONES god. To truley think that your god is the ONE and only God out there is conceded and selfish and stupid. Now Horus, there is the birth of him on the walls at the Temple of Luxor. There isnt anything like that supporting jesus. I want you to read the Egyptian book of the dead, and see how much in that book sounds so much like your little rice page book sitting in your lap. You can find it at a library.

So you are telling me I need to have faith in your god becuase of the earth?? Wow, concedering I worship the earth and all she has to give, i have to believe that some floating old white man created it. Well hun, all I have seen from men are distruction and death. Not creation and love. I anything created us, and loves us it would be a woman. Not a man.

dude!!! that was messed up! no one said that My One and only God was selfish!! he is a loving God that loves us all. even you. he can do things that your make believe gods cant do. he can actually change a life! what has your gods done for you? nothing! they are the selfish ones. the mythical gods are always for themselfs. Jesus died on the cross for our sins. that is a true and loving God to me, not one that is so stuck up and dosent care about anyone but themself
Angels_Satire
Dark Lord Drake
Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire

I know, my dear, and that's flat. The world is a sphere, the Bible describes it as a circle. You've also got God stopping the sun (not the Earth), and an idea of an unmoving Earth.

do you mind telling me where you found that at?

The circle of the Earth? Eeeer. Isaiah 40:22 or so, I think?

The bit about God stopping the sun comes from a fight Joshua had with... somebody.

It only makes sense to say 'stops the sun'. If they said 'stops the earth' people around there would be going 'Wait, what?'

... That seems like a bit of a stretch to me...

Eh, why? I rather think the effect is the most important not exactly how it happened, at least to the people fighting. If I stopped the Earth rotating for them I wouldn't bother to explain to them exaclty what I did if they thought the sun was stopped instead.
Auggie 10
Aredina
samurai4christ
Aredina
I have a question.

User Image

Oh thanks for praying for me. But I dont need you to. You know Ill tell you what, if your right and when I die I will go to hell and live out the rest of time there. Hell it may not be as bad as you think it is. But if Im right, and there is no hell, and there is not "GOD" and blah blah blah, then Ill move on to something else and live out that life, and be happy and maybe just maybe ill forget you and I ever had this conversation. Becuase really I dont care what you believe. Its not my people who have been killing other people in different races, and who have other religions for thousands of years. Its not my religion who kills someone in the name of god. Its not my fault you worship a jew, and dare to call him a christan and then kill HIS people.
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Aredina
I have a question.

Um. I think we're assumed to be at roughly the center of the 'Habitable zone' (the distance from a star in which a planet could support terrestrial life), so we've got a bit of edge room. And the zone is sorta where you get liquid water just hanging about, which is an assumption as well. One could also look at our early atmosphere, which wasn't habitable for life as we know it, and say that other factors come into whether or not a planet becomes habitable.

So, in short, I don't know if we're really in all that perfect of a spot. As I said, we only know life in this one specific case. And there is life that would survive even if we weren't in this place (for example, the extreme sort that live down by geothermal vents on the bottom of the ocean). To say that we live in the perfect spot, I think ,is a bit of an assumption. Life is hardy. It seems like it'll evolve to fit the conditions if it can.
samurai4christ
Aredina
samurai4christ
Aredina
I have a question.

dude!!! that was messed up! no one said that My One and only God was selfish!! he is a loving God that loves us all. even you. he can do things that your make believe gods cant do. he can actually change a life! what has your gods done for you? nothing! they are the selfish ones. the mythical gods are always for themselfs. Jesus died on the cross for our sins. that is a true and loving God to me, not one that is so stuck up and dosent care about anyone but themself
3nodding
Dark Lord Drake
Angels_Satire
Dark Lord Drake
Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire

I know, my dear, and that's flat. The world is a sphere, the Bible describes it as a circle. You've also got God stopping the sun (not the Earth), and an idea of an unmoving Earth.

do you mind telling me where you found that at?

The circle of the Earth? Eeeer. Isaiah 40:22 or so, I think?

The bit about God stopping the sun comes from a fight Joshua had with... somebody.

It only makes sense to say 'stops the sun'. If they said 'stops the earth' people around there would be going 'Wait, what?'

... That seems like a bit of a stretch to me...

Eh, why? I rather think the effect is the most important not exactly how it happened, at least to the people fighting. If I stopped the Earth rotating for them I wouldn't bother to explain to them exaclty what I did if they thought the sun was stopped instead.

But this is someone who's assuming that everything written in the Bible is true, and that God does not allow for mistakes.

That's my only problem. If you're coming from the perspective that it's going through an intermediary that can get thing wrong, I don't mind and find a lot of contradictions to magically vanish in that.

Shy Puppy

Aredina
Auggie 10
Aredina
samurai4christ
Aredina
I have a question.

User Image

Oh thanks for praying for me. But I dont need you to. You know Ill tell you what, if your right and when I die I will go to hell and live out the rest of time there. Hell it may not be as bad as you think it is. But if Im right, and there is no hell, and there is not "GOD" and blah blah blah, then Ill move on to something else and live out that life, and be happy and maybe just maybe ill forget you and I ever had this conversation. Becuase really I dont care what you believe. Its not my people who have been killing other people in different races, and who have other religions for thousands of years. Its not my religion who kills someone in the name of god. Its not my fault you worship a jew, and dare to call him a christan and then kill HIS people.

oh no, you will relize one day that it is horrible!!!! if you were to burn right now, it would be a billion times worse. it is bad and you will see that one day. its really sad. you dont knwo it but you do need the prayers. i will be praying for you too,
Aredina
samurai4christ
Aredina
I have a question.

Just because there is a record of the birth of Horus carved onto the walls ofa temple in Luxor does not mean that it is true. For Christians to believe that our God is the one and only God in the whole universe is not conceded, it is what we believe. For you to pass judgment on us for being monothiestic is conceded and selfish. And there is a story supporting the birth of Jesus. In the book of Matthew in the New testament, it says:
"About 2000 years ago God sent an angel to Israel, to a virgin named Mary. She was engaged to Joseph, a carpenter. The angel told Mary that by God's power, she would conceive and bear a son.

When Joseph learned that she was pregnant, an angel instructed him to marry her. Joseph took her to Bethlehem to register for a census. While there, Mary gave birth to Jesus. She laid him in a manger because there was no room at the inn. Shepherds visited Jesus in Bethlehem. "
If that is not a record of birth, then I do not know what is. You do not need to believe in Jesus Christ because of the Earth, you can believe in whatever you want. And please, do not forget: You cannot accuse Humans of destroying this planet when you are Human as well. And there are also people who are trying to save the planet.
samurai4christ
Aredina
samurai4christ
Aredina
I have a question.

Ok if we are going to get into that. Then let me ask you a few things. If your god loves his people so much, then why WHY let the titanic sink? There were hundrends of christians on that ship and they died. WHy let Hitler MURDER millions of the chosen people. Why let 9/11 happen? Why let my husband go to Iraq and fight in the "holy" land and have his friends die all around him. Why does he let so much suffering happen? Why would he allow his own followers to kill in his name? Why let his men of god rape little boys in his name? I thought he was supposed to be a loving god. Sure dosnt sound so loving to me.
Aredina
Auggie 10
Aredina
samurai4christ
Aredina
I have a question.

User Image

User Image I dont know about you, But I'm giong to do the right thing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff