Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Puppy

Aredina
I have a question.

Tell me then, if your bible is true why are there so many "christ" men with the same stories of christ found in history thousands of years before Jesus was ever born?
Why is there no historical findings (besides your bible) that prove him to be real?

Why is the Epic of Gilgamesh, a story about the flood written in a language that out dates the story of Noah??

what other times has there been that there was another "christ"? i dont recal any being there.
The bible isnt the only thing that proves him real. look around you. all of the wild life and, were the world is located. at the PERFECT spot. we dont freze or fry because of the location we are at. you cant tell me that a big bang did that because, it isnt possible.
and, i dont know what the heck you mean?
Aredina
I have a question.

Tell me then, if your bible is true why are there so many "christ" men with the same stories of christ found in history thousands of years before Jesus was ever born?
Why is there no historical findings (besides your bible) that prove him to be real?

Why is the Epic of Gilgamesh, a story about the flood written in a language that out dates the story of Noah??
There Is only 1 story true. Jesus'. I don't know where you are getting these "Other stories."

Shy Puppy

samurai4christ
Aredina
I have a question.

what other times has there been that there was another "christ"? i dont recal any being there.
The bible isnt the only thing that proves him real. look around you. all of the wild life and, were the world is located. at the PERFECT spot. we dont freze or fry because of the location we are at. you cant tell me that a big bang did that because, it isnt possible.

well, also, someone didnt just find the bible as a whole. the books are ancient scrolls that they found a long time ago.
Auggie 10
Dark Lord Drake
Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire

I know, my dear, and that's flat. The world is a sphere, the Bible describes it as a circle. You've also got God stopping the sun (not the Earth), and an idea of an unmoving Earth.

do you mind telling me where you found that at?

The circle of the Earth? Eeeer. Isaiah 40:22 or so, I think?

The bit about God stopping the sun comes from a fight Joshua had with... somebody.

It only makes sense to say 'stops the sun'. If they said 'stops the earth' people around there would be going 'Wait, what?'
Depends if they were saved already or not. If they were saved already, they would know "hey it's our time" and others would be yes, "wait what?"

Huh? What are you talking about? What does being saved have to do with people thousands of years ago understanding that the Earth rotates aroudn the sun?

Shy Puppy

Dark Lord Drake
Auggie 10
Dark Lord Drake
Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire

I know, my dear, and that's flat. The world is a sphere, the Bible describes it as a circle. You've also got God stopping the sun (not the Earth), and an idea of an unmoving Earth.

The bit about God stopping the sun comes from a fight Joshua had with... somebody.

It only makes sense to say 'stops the sun'. If they said 'stops the earth' people around there would be going 'Wait, what?'
Depends if they were saved already or not. If they were saved already, they would know "hey it's our time" and others would be yes, "wait what?"

Huh? What are you talking about? What does being saved have to do with people thousands of years ago understanding that the Earth rotates aroudn the sun?

i dont think he got what you were saying.
Dark Lord Drake
Auggie 10
Dark Lord Drake
Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire

Oh. redface sry i didnt get what u were saying.. . redface
Auggie 10
Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire

This is one of the oldest tracts that I know of. One can google 'biblical contradictions' and the like to get more.

I'm more interested in the fact that you've got a flat, unmoving Earth in the Bible, which I know isn't right. I mean, it's not a problem if you go the 'inspired by God, there are some mistakes due to men' route and arn't a literal sort of person.

OH!! no, in the bible it says that the world was round. sorry... sweatdrop im kinda confusing sometimes..

Maybe your thinking of on judgment day when the stars fall, the sun stops, and jesus rides down on a cloud with thunderouse trumpets. Is that what you are thinking of?

No. Joshua and his armies fight with someone, and God stops the sun so the day keeps going.
Angels_Satire
Auggie 10
Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire

Maybe your thinking of on judgment day when the stars fall, the sun stops, and jesus rides down on a cloud with thunderouse trumpets. Is that what you are thinking of?

No. Joshua and his armies fight with someone, and God stops the sun so the day keeps going.
Hmm.... I guess I came in at the wrong time, because i must be in different points in the bible. lol sry my bad. redface
samurai4christ
Aredina
I have a question.

It's not that perfect. Life is hardy. I imagine the habitable zone is larger than we think it is.

And the Big Bang theory has as much to do with solar system evolution as the Magna Carta has to do with me being born.

Shy Puppy

Angels_Satire
Auggie 10
Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire

ok?? ive never herd of that but that dosent mean that it is like that now.
Dark Lord Drake
Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire

This is one of the oldest tracts that I know of. One can google 'biblical contradictions' and the like to get more.

I'm more interested in the fact that you've got a flat, unmoving Earth in the Bible, which I know isn't right. I mean, it's not a problem if you go the 'inspired by God, there are some mistakes due to men' route and arn't a literal sort of person.

OH!! no, in the bible it says that the world was round. sorry... sweatdrop im kinda confusing sometimes..

... That seems like a bit of a stretch to me...
samurai4christ
Aredina
I have a question.

tisk tisk. Im so sorry to hear you havent ever hear of Chrishna, Mithra, Eros, Adonis, Horus, and thats to name a few. Before you tell me these are mythical gods blah blah blah blah, you have to remeber these are SOMEONES god. To truley think that your god is the ONE and only God out there is conceded and selfish and stupid. Now Horus, there is the birth of him on the walls at the Temple of Luxor. There isnt anything like that supporting jesus. I want you to read the Egyptian book of the dead, and see how much in that book sounds so much like your little rice page book sitting in your lap. You can find it at a library.

So you are telling me I need to have faith in your god becuase of the earth?? Wow, concedering I worship the earth and all she has to give, i have to believe that some floating old white man created it. Well hun, all I have seen from men are distruction and death. Not creation and love. I anything created us, and loves us it would be a woman. Not a man.
Aredina
I have a question.

The reason that stories and records of things like the plagues and the story of Moses and such are recorded is because they were notable occurrences in ancient history. These events all seem to amazing to be real, but here is the proof behind them:

Using the story of Moses as an example: The Jews were God's chosen people before the Christians. And, around the same time people say the story of Moses happened, there were records and evidence made that there was a migration of peoples who later became known as the Jewish population of the ancient world (And then the ten lost tribes).
There's a historical finding, beside the Bible, that proves the story of Moses true.

The Epic of Gilgamesh is, in essence, the same as the Odessy. A lengthly poem that qualifies as a book that is a story from an ancient culture. Another thing is that there were, are, and will always be, flash floods that will decimate city's. It is written in a language that out dates the story of Noah because Gilgamesh was written in Mesopotamia, which was one of the world's firs empires. And also, keep in mind that ancient peoples had very little contact, if at all, with other people all over the world. So if a story from, say, Catal Huyuk, says that there was a 'fire that covered the earth', 'The earth' could mean that a fire burned around them as far as the eye could see.
There are a lot of factors when it comes ot things like this, and they take a lot of time to explain, so I'll just stop here/
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire
Auggie 10
Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire

ok?? ive never herd of that but that dosent mean that it is like that now.

What, are you suggesting it used to be that the sun revolved around the Earth?

Either way, I always wondered what would happen if you, say, stopped the Earth from rotating.
Auggie 10
Aredina
I have a question.

There Is only 1 story true. Jesus'. I don't know where you are getting these "Other stories."

Im getting these other stories threw History. Maybe you should put the bible down and read a history book.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff