Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay, so, I've seen, like, a TON of forums asking things like 'How can people believe in God', and 'Is there a real God', 'Why do you believe in God' and so on. So, I decided to make this thread.

Please, please, do NOT flame!! Alright? I'm just trying to answer questions, and answer them honestly.

So, ask away! I can't answer a question if nobody asks! I'm friendly, I don't bite. : D
Why I'm I slowly losing fath in God? confused
maybe because you have been reading topics here like i do. its okay that we feel doubt but we must fan up the flame of faith more X3

---

question? i'm a christian too sis, but of course i'd like to ask...is christiany against science? blaugh
kanzenatsume
maybe because you have been reading topics here like i do. its okay that we feel doubt but we must fan up the flame of faith more X3

---

question? i'm a christian too sis, but of course i'd like to ask...is christiany against science? blaugh

Depends on the sect.

Question to the OP: What denomination are you? And how much have you, like, learned about your religion? Are you not worried about giving false answers?
Angels_Satire
kanzenatsume

---

Depends on the sect.

Question to the OP: What denomination are you? And how much have you, like, learned about your religion? Are you not worried about giving false answers?

Okay, so, I'll start here--
I go to a Nazarine church. I was born baptist, however. Kinda weird, I know, but....
I've learned a lot about my religion! How much is a lot? I'm not really sure.
And I'm not worried about giving wrong answers. Not only will I try to answer questions honestly, I'll try to use my bible to answer questions as well.
I have one- how do you pronounce the name of your god?
mokonafan
Angels_Satire
kanzenatsume

---

Depends on the sect.

I go to a Nazarine church. I was born baptist, however. Kinda weird, I know, but....
And I'm not worried about giving wrong answers. Not only will I try to answer questions honestly, I'll try to use my bible to answer questions as well.

A Nazarene Church? Like, the Jewish one? Or the 'Church of the Nazarene?' one?
kanzenatsume

---

Haha!!^^

Christianity against science? Well, let's think about this, starting with creationism--
Science says that there's no way the earth could be created in just one week by just one person (Or, in this case, God.), but here's the catch-- One day for us might not be same as one day for God. So creationism and the theory of evolution, whist we think of them as seperate, they might be complimentary of each other.
That's one example.
So, using that as an example, you can either think that science and christianity are integrated or continue to keep them seperate and choose one over the other. And then there's the matter of God saying that we, as his people, should turn to him, not science, and not any other Gods. I'm sue you know about that.(The first of the Ten commandments) So that leaves us in a tough spot.
I think of the two as integrated. What science cant explain about the world, christianity and God can. Faith fills in the blanks where science leaves us all baffled.
There's a lot more to say on this matter, and the debate could go on forever, and t probably will (haha!), and I'm sure that this whole argument could easily take up two or three pages, so I'll stop here, for fear of taking up the whole forum. xD
Angels_Satire
mokonafan
Angels_Satire
kanzenatsume

---

Depends on the sect.

A Nazarene Church? Like, the Jewish one? Or the 'Church of the Nazarene?' one?

Church of the Nazarine. It's a nice church!^^
mmkay blaugh

yes it will take over the whole forum X3 about 5 or 7 pages...lulz
TeaDidikai
I have one- how do you pronounce the name of your god?

I'm not really sure about what your asking here, but I'l go on ahead and give it my best shot--
First, there's 'Yaweh', which is pronounced 'Yah Weh' (Pretty simple), but that's the Jewish variation of God's name.

Pretty much all of the christians I know of refer to our god as simply God or Christ or Jesus, or the ever- popular Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I honestly do not now of any other names for God or Jesus.
If you want his name in a different language, I'm sure you can find it on Google.
mokonafan

Haha!!^^

Christianity against science? Well, let's think about this, starting with creationism--
Science says that there's no way the earth could be created in just one week by just one person (Or, in this case, God.),

Actually, it says nothing about that, really.

Quote:
but here's the catch-- One day for us might not be same as one day for God. So creationism and the theory of evolution, whist we think of them as seperate, they might be complimentary of each other.
That's one example.

Meh, the Genesis creation stories aren't really in order if that's the case.
Berserker of the Forest
Why I'm I slowly losing fath in God? confused

That is one thing that I cannot answer.
and, before any of you guys start ripping me to shreds, here's why:

You need to ask yourself why your losing faith in God. That is something that nobody else can answer. You could ask your pastor for help with this particular issue.

So I am really truly sorry that I cannot help you with that issue. However, i did go through the same thing a little while ago, and I managed to remedy it by praying and going to church wedensdays and mondays in addition to sundays.
well Moses is the human author of Genesis so its understandable that he wasn't able to put it in correct order. He wasn't even born yet at that time, who knows?

Shy Puppy

Angels_Satire
mokonafan

Haha!!^^

Science says that there's no way the earth could be created in just one week by just one person (Or, in this case, God.),

Actually, it says nothing about that, really.

Quote:
but here's the catch-- One day for us might not be same as one day for God. So creationism and the theory of evolution, whist we think of them as seperate, they might be complimentary of each other.
That's one example.

Meh, the Genesis creation stories aren't really in order if that's the case.

what do you mean they are not in order??

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff