Welcome to Gaia! ::

howardcampbell

Sorry, but you lost any religious credibility in the other thread- in which you pointed out that you believe something completely contrary to what the Bible actually says.

I just believe what the Bible says. If one is contrary to the other as long as it is in the Bible, fine by me. XD

Shy Puppy

Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire

That would be... difficult.

Does this hold for various translations as well? Along with the lists of (perhaps supposed) contradictions?

yes, it goes for the translations too. i think when they were translating the bible, like 2% of it wasnt the same BUT, it didnt change what it ment.
i dont get the second thing that you are saying? about the lists

Have you, er, studied the differences in multiple translations? Because whenever I read 'em, I get a whole lot of different details. For that matter, what's your knowledge of the development of the Bible?

And there are lists of contradictions found in the Bible. Only English, mind you, but most Christians don't read outside of English (here I think the Muslims have the right idea, one should have to learn the languages of their holy book). The Bible also suggests things we know are wrong. Bats are not birds, for example, snakes don't eat dirt, and we don't live on a flat, stationary earth.

i believe that people who find contradictions in the bible are taking what is writen in it the wrong way.

i dont get it?? what you are saying?

I'm sorry. The heat is not making me very clear. What part did you not get, my dear?

im sorry..... i just dont get it all.
hmm... what kind of condradictions are in the bible that you have found?

Dangerous Lunatic

samurai4christ
dixieboy
samurai4christ
dixieboy
What makes the bible so special?
How do you "know" whats written in it is true?

After all, a man can lie, and writing a lie down does not make it true.

technically two questions, but i hope you can bear with me sweatdrop

sorry, i dont mean to take over here. sweatdrop
you are right. man can lie. but, God is the one who wrote the book and, he wont let any man corupt his word.
That raises another question

How do you know god wrote it?

and does that include all translations and alterations of it?

again two questions sweatdrop

Becaus, if you read, it, there is a lot of things in it that is true. the book is really old, before columbus said that the world was flat, it said in there that it was round. also, that the everything revolved around the sun.

yes, it does include translations. like i said to the last person, as they translated it, like 2% of it wasnt the same, BUT, that didnt change at all what it ment.

The vikings knew the earth was round, i wouldn't really call them gods

So vikings are gods and Odin and Thor are true, because those myths were written down by people who knew the earth was round?

and the alterations?

again, multiple questions sweatdrop
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire

That would be... difficult.

Does this hold for various translations as well? Along with the lists of (perhaps supposed) contradictions?

yes, it goes for the translations too. i think when they were translating the bible, like 2% of it wasnt the same BUT, it didnt change what it ment.
i dont get the second thing that you are saying? about the lists

Have you, er, studied the differences in multiple translations? Because whenever I read 'em, I get a whole lot of different details. For that matter, what's your knowledge of the development of the Bible?

And there are lists of contradictions found in the Bible. Only English, mind you, but most Christians don't read outside of English (here I think the Muslims have the right idea, one should have to learn the languages of their holy book). The Bible also suggests things we know are wrong. Bats are not birds, for example, snakes don't eat dirt, and we don't live on a flat, stationary earth.

i believe that people who find contradictions in the bible are taking what is writen in it the wrong way.

I'm sorry. The heat is not making me very clear. What part did you not get, my dear?

This is one of the oldest tracts that I know of. One can google 'biblical contradictions' and the like to get more.

I'm more interested in the fact that you've got a flat, unmoving Earth in the Bible, which I know isn't right. I mean, it's not a problem if you go the 'inspired by God, there are some mistakes due to men' route and arn't a literal sort of person.

Shy Puppy

Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire

This is one of the oldest tracts that I know of. One can google 'biblical contradictions' and the like to get more.

I'm more interested in the fact that you've got a flat, unmoving Earth in the Bible, which I know isn't right. I mean, it's not a problem if you go the 'inspired by God, there are some mistakes due to men' route and arn't a literal sort of person.

OH!! no, in the bible it says that the world was round. sorry... sweatdrop im kinda confusing sometimes..

Shy Puppy

dixieboy
samurai4christ
dixieboy
samurai4christ
dixieboy

you are right. man can lie. but, God is the one who wrote the book and, he wont let any man corupt his word.

Becaus, if you read, it, there is a lot of things in it that is true. the book is really old, before columbus said that the world was flat, it said in there that it was round. also, that the everything revolved around the sun.

yes, it does include translations. like i said to the last person, as they translated it, like 2% of it wasnt the same, BUT, that didnt change at all what it ment.

So vikings are gods and Odin and Thor are true, because those myths were written down by people who knew the earth was round?

and the alterations?

umm.... whats up with the vikings now?? -_- i guess that was a bad example for you then. sorry... sweatdrop
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire

OH!! no, in the bible it says that the world was round. sorry... sweatdrop im kinda confusing sometimes..

I know, my dear, and that's flat. The world is a sphere, the Bible describes it as a circle. You've also got God stopping the sun (not the Earth), and an idea of an unmoving Earth.

Dangerous Lunatic

samurai4christ
dixieboy
samurai4christ
dixieboy
samurai4christ
dixieboy

and the alterations?

umm.... whats up with the vikings now?? -_- i guess that was a bad example for you then. sorry... sweatdrop
Just saying that by your logic Freya is just as true as the virgin Mary

Shy Puppy

Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire

I know, my dear, and that's flat. The world is a sphere, the Bible describes it as a circle. You've also got God stopping the sun (not the Earth), and an idea of an unmoving Earth.

do you mind telling me where you found that at?
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire

The circle of the Earth? Eeeer. Isaiah 40:22 or so, I think?

The bit about God stopping the sun comes from a fight Joshua had with... somebody.
Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire

The bit about God stopping the sun comes from a fight Joshua had with... somebody.
Maybe your thinking of on judgment day when the stars fall, the sun stops, and jesus rides down on a cloud with thunderouse trumpets. Is that what you are thinking of?
Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire

It only makes sense to say 'stops the sun'. If they said 'stops the earth' people around there would be going 'Wait, what?'
Dark Lord Drake
Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire

It only makes sense to say 'stops the sun'. If they said 'stops the earth' people around there would be going 'Wait, what?'
Depends if they were saved already or not. If they were saved already, they would know "hey it's our time" and others would be yes, "wait what?"
I have a question.

Tell me then, if your bible is true why are there so many "christ" men with the same stories of christ found in history thousands of years before Jesus was ever born?
Why is there no historical findings (besides your bible) that prove him to be real?

Why is the Epic of Gilgamesh, a story about the flood written in a language that out dates the story of Noah??
Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire
samurai4christ
Angels_Satire

"He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and it's people are like grasshoppers."
Isaiah 40:22

I'd say that was it!^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas