Welcome to Gaia! ::

the Bible AND WHY.

If you don't include WHY your post will be removed.

Newbie Noob

6,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I don't buy it. No proof that any of it is true.

Beloved Lunatic

Revelations is a nice read and all, but what exactly are you wanting? Your question seems rather boad. I could give an opinon on how the wording differs from the KJV to the NIV and tecchnically would be answering what you asked.
Bob and Others
Revelations is a nice read and all, but what exactly are you wanting? Your question seems rather boad. I could give an opinon on how the wording differs from the KJV to the NIV and tecchnically would be answering what you asked.

Something emotional.

Beloved Lunatic

-Soul in this universe-
Bob and Others

Something emotional.

Sticking with broad I see. Well how's this? I am reminded that we all suffer and find myself understanding how some people desire hope for something better even if it means trusting in someone else blindly.
-Soul in this universe-

By whom?

Dapper Reveler

Defenestrate Windows

Do you believe in motion.

Shameless Mystic

Avgvsto
Defenestrate Windows

Were those ever ACTUALLY meant to be taken seriously, or were they intentionally there to mess with people that aren't very analytical?
False Dichotomy
Avgvsto
Defenestrate Windows

Were those ever ACTUALLY meant to be taken seriously, or were they intentionally there to mess with people that aren't very analytical?

Well, his paradoxes were actually meant as an argument to show that monism is true.

Dapper Reveler

False Dichotomy
Avgvsto
Defenestrate Windows

It's quite the opposite actually, overly analytical people would be the only people to take them seriously. It was really crazy reading Aristotle's discussions around these, it's like riding a logical roller coaster. You have to remember these were in very ancient times so almost no scientific ideals were established yet and these were considered very legitimate concerns. Things just aren't as simple when you have to make them up by yourself, especially with very little knowledge.

As for my purposes, its just to soften up the brain and show how confusing the world can be if you think to much.

2,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
I don't think it makes sense to ask for an emotional response from people who don't believe in the Bible. And for no particular reason?

In fact, there doesn't seem to be any reason to ask this other than to fan the flames of anger and division between people here. The ED is a place, I think, where logical thoughts and expression flow. Not responses fueled by emotions.

Shameless Mystic

Avgvsto
False Dichotomy
Avgvsto
Defenestrate Windows

It's quite the opposite actually, overly analytical people would be the only people to take them seriously. It was really crazy reading Aristotle's discussions around these, it's like riding a logical roller coaster. You have to remember these were in very ancient times so almost no scientific ideals were established yet and these were considered very legitimate concerns. Things just aren't as simple when you have to make them up by yourself, especially with very little knowledge.

As for my purposes, its just to soften up the brain and show how confusing the world can be if you think to much.
The first one made me realize how specifically it had to be worded to not sound obvious.

Dapper Reveler

False Dichotomy
Avgvsto
False Dichotomy
Avgvsto
Defenestrate Windows

The first one made me realize how specifically it had to be worded to not sound obvious.
haha yeah. The symbols are pretty obvious but what the mean are quite more profound than you usually think of.

Kawaii Sentai

User Image
User ImageUser Image

Depends on where you think the bible ends. Old testament, new testament, book of mormon (Claims to be an addition of the bible)?

User ImageUser Image
-Soul in this universe-
the Bible AND WHY.

As an apparent Christian, what do you think of Sura 96 (that's the Qur'an, in case you don't know), and why?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff