Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
Just letting you guys know. I have been in this religion solitary for 6 years. I. Am still learning

3,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
Just letting you guys know. I have been in this religion solitary for 6 years. I. Am still learning

Anxious Humorist

14,050 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hero 100
Prince Baldr
Xiam
Why Loki in particular?

Because its not mainstream? I don't know, she probably got into heathenism to be different then found out there were a bunch in her area (happens alot in the mid and north west of the US) and again needed to feel different so pop, she took the original idea to worship Loki.

Also Tricksters are edgy. emotion_awesome

NightshadeNoxNix
Actually there are not any in my area. There are a lot of wiccans. I found it on my own and I worship many of
the Gods in my religion I just felt that Loki was one of the ones I would focus on along with Freyja and Thor. I don't believe in Satan or dark evil. I just believe that trickster gods are beneficial and important in myth and culture.

Hm, good point. Many times they're even heroes.

Still, all the same, it seems Loki is the equivalent of the redheaded stepchild. Odin's sworn brother, sure, but he can be a right pain in the a** sometimes

Dangerous Codger

Salmenella
Lord Balmung of Azure Sky
Salmenella
Curious. Why would it be silly if someone who wasn't of Scandinavian or Germanic descent were to be a Heathen?

I just find it funny when people who aren't of German or Scandinavian ancestry follow a religion that was primarily Germanic and Scandinavian. And usually when I hear of such people, I assume, like the users above, that they're only followers of Asatru, more specifically followers of Loki, because of Marvel. Or White Supremacists. But usually the former.

Do you believe that of other religions too? Or just Asatru?

Well sure. I find it laughable when people who start following Wicca or Voodoo because they read about it on Wikipedia, or in the case of Norse paganism, because of comics or movies, when they don't have any ancestry that lived in a geographic area that followed that faith.

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Salmenella
Salmenella
Curious. Why would it be silly if someone who wasn't of Scandinavian or Germanic descent were to be a Heathen?

I just find it funny when people who aren't of German or Scandinavian ancestry follow a religion that was primarily Germanic and Scandinavian. And usually when I hear of such people, I assume, like the users above, that they're only followers of Asatru, more specifically followers of Loki, because of Marvel. Or White Supremacists. But usually the former.

Well sure. I find it laughable when people who start following Wicca or Voodoo because they read about it on Wikipedia, or in the case of Norse paganism, because of comics or movies, when they don't have any ancestry that lived in a geographic area that followed that faith.

Following it because it is a trend it and it really calling out to you are two different things. From my understanding, you don't need to be of Scandinavian or Germanic descent in order to worship those Gods. Same for any other recon religion (that is open). I am not of Roman descent but I still worship those Gods because they called out to me.

That's what I'm getting at. Following the religion without direct descent is not silly. Following the religion because it is popular is silly..no matter who your ancestors were.

Dangerous Codger

Salmenella
Salmenella
Salmenella

Following it because it is a trend it and it really calling out to you are two different things. From my understanding, you don't need to be of Scandinavian or Germanic descent in order to worship those Gods. Same for any other recon religion (that is open). I am not of Roman descent but I still worship those Gods because they called out to me.

That's what I'm getting at. Following the religion without direct descent is not silly. Following the religion because it is popular is silly..no matter who your ancestors were.

Personally, I think religion is silly, whether it's popular or against the norm or what have you. And I don't know what you mean by a religion calling out to someone. Is it you just being more interested in the Roman pantheon than, say, the Canaanite pantheon?

I mean, really, this is just sounding like a game.

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Personally, I think religion is silly, whether it's popular or against the norm or what have you. And I don't know what you mean by a religion calling out to someone. Is it you just being more interested in the Roman pantheon than, say, the Canaanite pantheon?

If you find religion itself silly then you wouldn't get the whole "calling out to someone' bit and disregard everything else I have asked lol

Dangerous Codger

Salmenella

If you find religion itself silly then you wouldn't get the whole "calling out to someone' bit and disregard everything else I have asked lol

Well, I apologise. Perhaps you'd have to be autistic to understand my perspective of religion.

3,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
Hey, let's all be mature on here. Name calling just because people disagree with you is very ignorant. If we can't be mature on this thread then perhaps there is no hope for any of you.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
NightshadeNoxNix
I am a follower of Asatru and have been attached to Loki since I started. Are there any people out there that worship Loki as well? What are the reactions of Asatru followers to you? I try to find a website to help me learn how to worship Loki but there are hardly any.

he's not my Patron God, however he is one of my closest followed ones, along with Odin.

my main Deity is The Morrigan, though I also worship Loki, Odin, Shiva, Gnesh, Isis/Ishtar and The Kami and Oni. I'm mostly a Shinto/Taoist, however.

Hallowed Prophet

11,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
Chieftain Twilight
NightshadeNoxNix
I am a follower of Asatru and have been attached to Loki since I started. Are there any people out there that worship Loki as well? What are the reactions of Asatru followers to you? I try to find a website to help me learn how to worship Loki but there are hardly any.

he's not my Patron God, however he is one of my closest followed ones, along with Odin.

my main Deity is The Morrigan, though I also worship Loki, Odin, Shiva, Gnesh, Isis/Ishtar and The Kami and Oni. I'm mostly a Shinto/Taoist, however.

Are you saying that those two are the same?

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Chieftain Twilight
NightshadeNoxNix

no, probably not... they have similarities, but the differences are clear. I have seen them mentioned as different names or aspects of the same goddess, as worshipped in two sepperate ancient cultures, but that's probably because the people who wrote such things would rather think that only the Gods that they worship actually exist....

I debated with myself about whether I should name them together or not when I posted this and just told myself "********" and to see what happens, if anything.

please, disregard it. I don't actually think they are the same Goddess.

Hallowed Prophet

11,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
Chieftain Twilight
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Chieftain Twilight
NightshadeNoxNix

no, probably not... they have similarities, but the differences are clear. I have seen them mentioned as different names or aspects of the same goddess, as worshipped in two sepperate ancient cultures, but that's probably because the people who wrote such things would rather think that only the Gods that they worship actually exist....

I debated with myself about whether I should name them together or not when I posted this and just told myself "********" and to see what happens, if anything.

please, disregard it. I don't actually think they are the same Goddess.
Alright. That was the first thing that crossed my mind so I had to ask.

7,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Admit it, you're just into him because of Avengers and Tom Hiddleston.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff