Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
I am a follower of Asatru and have been attached to Loki since I started. Are there any people out there that worship Loki as well? What are the reactions of Asatru followers to you? I try to find a website to help me learn how to worship Loki but there are hardly any.
NightshadeNoxNix
I am a follower of Asatru and have been attached to Loki since I started. Are there any people out there that worship Loki as well? What are the reactions of Asatru followers to you? I try to find a website to help me learn how to worship Loki but there are hardly any.

Lokeans and Asatru: Still Here, Despite All Odds

trousersonfire's Significant Otter

Masterful Dabbler

Yeah. I think after Tom Hiddleston came on the scene, there's lots more people worshiping Loki.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Lucky~9~Lives
NightshadeNoxNix

Lokeans and Asatru: Still Here, Despite All Odds

Oh good, now I don't have to recommend it.
NightshadeNoxNix

Why Loki in particular?

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Why the hell does no one follow any of the other Norse Gods?

******** Marvel..see what you have done?

3,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
I am not sure why Loki . But I have been a follower of Asatru for 6 years. I still worship Thor, Freyja and Odin. I just never knew how to worship Loki since most Asatru denounce him
NightshadeNoxNix
I am not sure why Loki . But I have been a follower of Asatru for 6 years. I still worship Thor, Freyja and Odin. I just never knew how to worship Loki since most Asatru denounce him

I suppose I'll expand the question. Why Asatru?
And are you of Germanic or Scandinavian ancestry even?

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Haha Coffee
Why the hell does no one follow any of the other Norse Gods?

******** Marvel..see what you have done?

Which ones would you suggest? Tyr sounds pretty cool... and Freya be pretty... but I haven't heard much about others beyond the obvious (Thor, Odin, Loki, Baldr due to his inevitable death...) as I'm reading through the Eddas. But I've still got a bit to get through, so there's that too...

3,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
Lord Balmung of Azure Sky
NightshadeNoxNix

I am of both descent. Mostly German, but my grandmother from Spain told me we descended from the Vikings since many of then populated Spain a long time ago. When I was graduating High School I was researching different religions and Asatru seemed interesting or like a calling. It made me feel closer to my ancestry and home.
NightshadeNoxNix
NightshadeNoxNix

I am of both descent. Mostly German, but my grandmother from Spain told me we descended from the Vikings since many of then populated Spain a long time ago. When I was graduating High School I was researching different religions and Asatru seemed interesting or like a calling. It made me feel closer to my ancestry and home.

Right. Good. Because if you weren't, I would have found it silly.

Well, I don't think you're supposed to worship Loki. Sure, you recognize that he's a god, but you don't worship him, just like you wouldn't worship Mot or Satan. Typically, Loki is just giant that's hanging out with the gods, sometimes helping, other times just causing them problems. And he's supposed to be the one to lead the dead in Hel against the gods, Ragnarok.

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

NightshadeNoxNix
NightshadeNoxNix

Right. Good. Because if you weren't, I would have found it silly.

Well, I don't think you're supposed to worship Loki. Sure, you recognize that he's a god, but you don't worship him, just like you wouldn't worship Mot or Satan. Typically, Loki is just giant that's hanging out with the gods, sometimes helping, other times just causing them problems. And he's supposed to be the one to lead the dead in Hel against the gods, Ragnarok.

Curious. Why would it be silly if someone who wasn't of Scandinavian or Germanic descent were to be a Heathen?

gummie_sourball's Husband

Witty Fairy

Xiam
Why Loki in particular?

Because its not mainstream? I don't know, she probably got into heathenism to be different then found out there were a bunch in her area (happens alot in the mid and north west of the US) and again needed to feel different so pop, she took the original idea to worship Loki.
Salmenella
Curious. Why would it be silly if someone who wasn't of Scandinavian or Germanic descent were to be a Heathen?

I just find it funny when people who aren't of German or Scandinavian ancestry follow a religion that was primarily Germanic and Scandinavian. And usually when I hear of such people, I assume, like the users above, that they're only followers of Asatru, more specifically followers of Loki, because of Marvel. Or White Supremacists. But usually the former.

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Salmenella

I just find it funny when people who aren't of German or Scandinavian ancestry follow a religion that was primarily Germanic and Scandinavian. And usually when I hear of such people, I assume, like the users above, that they're only followers of Asatru, more specifically followers of Loki, because of Marvel. Or White Supremacists. But usually the former.

Do you believe that of other religions too? Or just Asatru?

3,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
Prince Baldr
Xiam
Why Loki in particular?

Because its not mainstream? I don't know, she probably got into heathenism to be different then found out there were a bunch in her area (happens alot in the mid and north west of the US) and again needed to feel different so pop, she took the original idea to worship Loki.

Actually there are not any in my area. There are a lot of wiccans. I found it on my own and I worship many of
the Gods in my religion I just felt that Loki was one of the ones I would focus on along with Freyja and Thor. I don't believe in Satan or dark evil. I just believe that trickster gods are beneficial and important in myth and culture.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff