Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Real Mikuo Hatsune
He should play the way he designed us? No, because if he did that then he wouldn't be an all knowing and powerful God. He'd just be another one of us and let's face it, we as a species stink because we obviously couldn't handle the task of taking care of one plan and getting along with each other.

And He, being all-knowing, knows that; yet He, being all-powerful, allows it. We are part of God's plan; if we stink, God's plan stinks.

Seasonal Leaf

12,175 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Falling For You 25
Lucky~9~Lives
The Real Mikuo Hatsune
He should play the way he designed us? No, because if he did that then he wouldn't be an all knowing and powerful God. He'd just be another one of us and let's face it, we as a species stink because we obviously couldn't handle the task of taking care of one plan and getting along with each other.

And He, being all-knowing, knows that; yet He, being all-powerful, allows it. We are part of God's plan; if we stink, God's plan stinks.

God loves us all, we may be bad but it doesn't mean he dosn't love us. Just as when a child misbehaves, a parent still loves that child. God's plan is much more then us, we just happen to be a part of it.
The Real Mikuo Hatsune
Lucky~9~Lives
The Real Mikuo Hatsune

God loves us all, we may be bad but it doesn't mean he dosn't love us. Just as when a child misbehaves, a parent still loves that child. God's plan is much more then us, we just happen to be a part of it.

If God loves us, we cannot be bad; God's love redeems all.

Seasonal Leaf

12,175 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Falling For You 25
Lucky~9~Lives
The Real Mikuo Hatsune
Lucky~9~Lives
The Real Mikuo Hatsune

Jesus blood is what covers our sin, and it only will if we want it to. And even then, we have a hard tim changin our bad habits. Humans are capable of doing Good and Bad, and sadly humans have chosen bad much more then they have good.
The Real Mikuo Hatsune
Lucky~9~Lives
The Real Mikuo Hatsune
Lucky~9~Lives
The Real Mikuo Hatsune

Jesus blood is what covers our sin, and it only will if we want it to. And even then, we have a hard tim changin our bad habits. Humans are capable of doing Good and Bad, and sadly humans have chosen bad much more then they have good.

To say God's love is limited by your want is to place yourself above God; nothing in Heaven or Earth can stop God's love.

"Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast."

- Psalms 139:7-10

Seasonal Leaf

12,175 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Falling For You 25
Lucky~9~Lives
The Real Mikuo Hatsune
Lucky~9~Lives
The Real Mikuo Hatsune
Lucky~9~Lives
The Real Mikuo Hatsune

To say God's love is limited by your want is to place yourself above God; nothing in Heaven or Earth can stop God's love.

If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

I never said God's love is limited, I said the blood of Jesus is what washes our sins and that only those who want to be washed of their sins are done so fully. Jesus died for us all but he is no going to force us into beliveing him.

Now please, this thread was about asking me a question not putting words in my mouth and I would appreciate you did not do so.
The Real Mikuo Hatsune
Lucky~9~Lives
The Real Mikuo Hatsune

I never said God's love is limited, I said the blood of Jesus is what washes our sins and that only those who want to be washed of their sins are done so fully. Jesus died for us all but he is no going to force us into beliveing him.

Now please, this thread was about asking me a question not putting words in my mouth and I would appreciate you did not do so.

Sorry. I thought you meant being covered in Jesus's blood is being cleansed of badness by God's love. My bad.
- sweatdrop

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
The Real Mikuo Hatsune
Haha Coffee
The Real Mikuo Hatsune
Haha Coffee
The Real Mikuo Hatsune

I was raised as a Christian but I didn't realy get into the word until my later teen years after I had undergone many harships. I was in a very depressed state and had considered sucide once, then one day while by myself I simply brok down and cried to God. I could feel it in my heart that he was there for me and that he would always be.

However, if this is not enough of an answer for you, here is one that not many can explain: My mother was daignosed with lung cancer when she was in her early 30's, Her condition got so bad that she could hardly move or even speak. Then, the day she died, just before she passed she sat up straight in her ed and shouted praises to Jesus. she then lay back down and passed away.

Some tried to ride this off as adrenalin but I find that to be impossable as she was literlally a few moments away from death and had zero strength at all.

You have just answered why you believe in prayer/why your religious.

Not why you think your text is valid,that's all I was asking about, why you hold the Bible to be any more trustworthy or valid than say...the Qur'an.

Actually if you read into my statment it would say why. I've had personal encounters with my God, therefore his text is obviously the one I choose to beleive.

Yet Judaism and Islam have the exact same God, how are you sure you are following the correct interpretation of the faith?

Because I know in my heart. I know that's not the answer you want but it's the only one I have.

But the Bible says
Quote:
He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool:
Proverbs 28:26

What do you say to all the people who trust there heart, and end up as Muslims, or Hindus or any other Faith?

If you don't know why you trust the Bible above any other Text, I would if I were you...start studying.
Study hard, from all points of view, Christian, Atheist, Other Religions Opinion the Bible.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
The Real Mikuo Hatsune
Haha Coffee
The Real Mikuo Hatsune
Haha Coffee
The Real Mikuo Hatsune

God is capeable of preventing evil, he doesn't because sometimes good comes from bad things. EX: If you go through something hard, you get tougher and learn to appreciate the good even more.

God does not hlep those who do not believe in him because that would be a form of forcing those who do not believe in him to believe in him and that is not what he wants.

God is able and sometimes he may not answer prayers right away but eventually he will in his time, when he knows it is right.

Evil came because one of his angels became prideful and tought he was better then God. Yes God made the angel but he did not make the angel evil, the angel chose to be so just as humans can do.

Can you point to me where in the Bible it states that an Angel falling from heaven was the cause of Original Sin.

Again, as I said I am not a scholar and cannot quote it. But there are other texts then the Bible that documented things of our God. My grandmother is not a pastor but she has studied it the Bible quite well and done a lot of research into the others findings who are well studied in religous documents. She has taught me a lot of what I know.

You need to stop relying on elders, and hearsay and start researching things for yourself.

Faith or religion unfounded in experienced and personally studied Knowledge and confirmation, is not worth having.

I'm still learning. But your wrong in my opinion, relying on others is actually very importent. Not everyone can understand everything and need help. My Grandmother has much knowledge and I know she would never lie to me, thus I know I can trust her on her word.

She might not Lie to you...but she could very easily be wrong.
Haha Coffee
The Real Mikuo Hatsune
I'm still learning. But your wrong in my opinion, relying on others is actually very importent. Not everyone can understand everything and need help. My Grandmother has much knowledge and I know she would never lie to me, thus I know I can trust her on her word.

She might not Lie to you...but she could very easily be wrong.

She has much knowledge.

Seasonal Leaf

12,175 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Falling For You 25
Lucky~9~Lives
The Real Mikuo Hatsune
Lucky~9~Lives
The Real Mikuo Hatsune

Sorry. I thought you meant being covered in Jesus's blood is being cleansed of badness by God's love. My bad.
- sweatdrop

It's fine, religous discussions can easily get heated and many can assume things which is one reason why it's difficult to do so online. But I have a seceret. I am a Christian Brony, there for I shall love and Tolerate like there is no tomorrow lol. But in seriousness, I do my best to keep a calm attitude during these things and pervay the kind of attitude I know Jesus would like me to.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
The Real Mikuo Hatsune
Haha Coffee
The Real Mikuo Hatsune
Haha Coffee
The Real Mikuo Hatsune

Because when God tests us, sometimes we need those tests tosee for ourselves just how faithful we really are. We may think that we have everything under controle but sometimes we need to see just how strong our faith is, because we may practice something that we think is totally ok and it might not be.

God does not need to be tested, he is God. He knows all, see's all. What can God learn from a test?

It's not about what can God learn ...it's what can we learn from Testing Him.

Why should we take his character at face value?
Shouldn't we put him to the test?

God tried to show us miracls in te past and yet we still refused him, why should he have to prove himself?

Because we are not our Ancestors, we are completely different people two thousand years removed, with different ideas, different lives, different circumstances, and no Logical reason to believe anything the Bible says, any more than you have reason to believe anything in the Veda's is corrrect.

I would presume, you would want a Hindu a Sikh or a Muslim to back up why they are right, or how there God(version of God) exists, why can't you do the same thing to your own God?
Why should he not present himself to you, a person who has no sound reason to belive in his existance?

Quote:
He created life as we know it, he is God. God knows what he is doing, humans are to imperfet that we could never have the level of understanding he does
So if he is perfect, why can' he show us , in a simple easy to understand way?
Quote:
So who are we to try and test him when we are in no position to be pointin fingres?

We are his Creations, with our own senses and minds, and a brain designed to function and act of evidence and experiances, God designed us this way.

If he want's us to take him seriously, he should play to the way he designed us.

Yes?

Quote:
Espically with how bad we've cause the world to get.

Rememer, God causes pain and suffereing to.
You have said it yourself.
As does the Bible

Oh yes because we've proven so well how we have changed by ruining the world we live in and killing each other.

We have always been doing that.
However the way we live, and our understanding of the world is very different than it was 2000 years ago, our Scientific Knowldege, or Ethical and Moral frameworks are in some ways better, some ways worse.

We are different indeed, but what's so hard in giving us a Miracle that lasts, or giving us one more for "this" generation?

Expecting us to just blindly beleive what our ancestors told us happened, as truth is dangerous and unrealistic.

Quote:
The fact is, Jesus will be showing himself again when the time is right, we jut have to be patient and accept that God knows when that is. nd just so you know, I have plenty of reason to believe in his existance do to my own personal events with him.

I agree, Jesus(Peace and Blessings of God be upon him) will return, and he will lead a mighty army and destroy the Djall once and for all, and then he will lead mankind back to the true and proper worship and religion of Allah(swt).

Quote:
He should play the way he designed us? No, because if he did that then he wouldn't be an all knowing and powerful God. He'd just be another one of us

No he wouldn't
This is an absurd and illogical statement.

Seasonal Leaf

12,175 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Falling For You 25
Haha Coffee
The Real Mikuo Hatsune
Haha Coffee
The Real Mikuo Hatsune
Haha Coffee

You have just answered why you believe in prayer/why your religious.

Not why you think your text is valid,that's all I was asking about, why you hold the Bible to be any more trustworthy or valid than say...the Qur'an.

Actually if you read into my statment it would say why. I've had personal encounters with my God, therefore his text is obviously the one I choose to beleive.

Yet Judaism and Islam have the exact same God, how are you sure you are following the correct interpretation of the faith?

Because I know in my heart. I know that's not the answer you want but it's the only one I have.

But the Bible says
Quote:

What do you say to all the people who trust there heart, and end up as Muslims, or Hindus or any other Faith?

If you don't know why you trust the Bible above any other Text, I would if I were you...start studying.
Study hard, from all points of view, Christian, Atheist, Other Religions Opinion the Bible.

Yes, someone who trusts in his heart alone is doing it wrong because you also have to trust in God and read the word. I read my Bible everyday and thus I keep my Spiritual heart well fed. I am not trusting in my heart alone or the past events but also on the words of the Bible. Combinding the two, I have a trust that I know is real.

Seasonal Leaf

12,175 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Falling For You 25
Haha Coffee
The Real Mikuo Hatsune
Haha Coffee
The Real Mikuo Hatsune
Haha Coffee

It's not about what can God learn ...it's what can we learn from Testing Him.

Why should we take his character at face value?
Shouldn't we put him to the test?

God tried to show us miracls in te past and yet we still refused him, why should he have to prove himself?

Because we are not our Ancestors, we are completely different people two thousand years removed, with different ideas, different lives, different circumstances, and no Logical reason to believe anything the Bible says, any more than you have reason to believe anything in the Veda's is corrrect.

I would presume, you would want a Hindu a Sikh or a Muslim to back up why they are right, or how there God(version of God) exists, why can't you do the same thing to your own God?
Why should he not present himself to you, a person who has no sound reason to belive in his existance?

Quote:
He created life as we know it, he is God. God knows what he is doing, humans are to imperfet that we could never have the level of understanding he does
So if he is perfect, why can' he show us , in a simple easy to understand way?
Quote:
So who are we to try and test him when we are in no position to be pointin fingres?

We are his Creations, with our own senses and minds, and a brain designed to function and act of evidence and experiances, God designed us this way.

If he want's us to take him seriously, he should play to the way he designed us.

Yes?

Quote:
Espically with how bad we've cause the world to get.

Rememer, God causes pain and suffereing to.
You have said it yourself.
As does the Bible

Oh yes because we've proven so well how we have changed by ruining the world we live in and killing each other.

We have always been doing that.
However the way we live, and our understanding of the world is very different than it was 2000 years ago, our Scientific Knowldege, or Ethical and Moral frameworks are in some ways better, some ways worse.

We are different indeed, but what's so hard in giving us a Miracle that lasts, or giving us one more for "this" generation?

Expecting us to just blindly beleive what our ancestors told us happened, as truth is dangerous and unrealistic.

Quote:
The fact is, Jesus will be showing himself again when the time is right, we jut have to be patient and accept that God knows when that is. nd just so you know, I have plenty of reason to believe in his existance do to my own personal events with him.

I agree, Jesus(Peace and Blessings of God be upon him) will return, and he will lead a mighty army and destroy the Djall once and for all, and then he will lead mankind back to the true and proper worship and religion of Allah(swt).

Quote:
He should play the way he designed us? No, because if he did that then he wouldn't be an all knowing and powerful God. He'd just be another one of us

No he wouldn't
This is an absurd and illogical statement.

And who are we to demand such things of him after he's given us so much already? We've proven that as a species we are not trustworthy or deserving of any more that we already have.

Secondly, Jesus isn't going to destroy the Devil, he's going to send him to Hell where his eternal punishment will be.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
The Real Mikuo Hatsune
Haha Coffee
The Real Mikuo Hatsune
Haha Coffee
The Real Mikuo Hatsune

But the Bible says
Quote:

Yes, someone who trusts in his heart alone is doing it wrong because you also have to trust in God and read the word. I read my Bible everyday and thus I keep my Spiritual heart well fed. I am not trusting in my heart alone or the past events but also on the words of the Bible. Combinding the two, I have a trust that I know is real.

Don't you see the Problem with this?

This is what you have just said.

1)"Trusting my heart is wrong"
2)"However it's ok if you trust your heart and read the bible"
3)"How do I know I can trust the bible?"
4)"Because I trust my heart"
...trusting your heart is wrong remember.

How is your statemenet any more valid than me saying the exact same thing but replacing bible with Holy Qur'an.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff