Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Harvester

Pseudo-Onkelos
Honney Boy
Pseudo-Onkelos
Honney Boy
Pseudo-Onkelos
Honney Boy

The important thing is that I believe you.

I would like to know why I should care about the OP. He doesn't represent anyone other then himself, so he must have a reason why we should care.

If you do not care, then leave. By staying, you're only showing you care, even if it is little.

I don't have a reason not to care until I can evaluate why he thinks I should care, and fighting with me about it only shows that you care about what I post for some twisted reason.

So, you don't have a reason not to care, but you're curious on why you should care? That seems contradictory.

I never said I did not care.

I wouldn't call this "fighting". I haven't even used my fists.

Semantics is more important than the points being made after all. I don't see why any of this matters until the question I have asked gets answered by the OP.

Okay, but I still don't see how that's not caring. Oh well.

I asked a fair question in an open forum.

Adored Admirer

Honney Boy
Pseudo-Onkelos
Honney Boy
Pseudo-Onkelos
Honney Boy

I don't have a reason not to care until I can evaluate why he thinks I should care, and fighting with me about it only shows that you care about what I post for some twisted reason.

So, you don't have a reason not to care, but you're curious on why you should care? That seems contradictory.

Semantics is more important than the points being made after all. I don't see why any of this matters until the question I have asked gets answered by the OP.

I know. It just doesn't seem to make sense. It's whatever. I'll leave you be.

Quotable Harvester

Pseudo-Onkelos
Honney Boy
Pseudo-Onkelos
Honney Boy
Pseudo-Onkelos
Honney Boy

That's a lie so long as you keep trying to get the last word.

Seasonal Leaf

12,175 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Falling For You 25
stealthmongoose
What is your opinion on magicians and how do they differ from your religion's purpose?

It is said that all practices of magic are evil. And o I don't mean those show mgicians that enertain people, but those who try to conjur real magic. I cannot quote where it says it in the Bible as I said, I am no scholar of it and have only read it fully once and am doing so again but I know this is true.

Seasonal Leaf

12,175 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Falling For You 25
IronySandwich
Why do you consider faith to be a virtue? (assuming you do)

That is an interesting question. I don't see my faith so much as a virtue but more as a way of life. For you see, Jesus taught that the biggest and most importent commandment of all is to Love god with allyour heart mind and strength and to love others as yourself. This one commandment alone stated that we are to love God, and to love our fellow man as well as our own lives. Not saying that if you are unhaooy that you are doing something wrong, but to love your own life is to be thankful you have it. This comandment teaches that we are to love those around us as well, and if we do so, then we are doing what is right. Unfortunatly, this is particularly hard for many to do as people in general can not be so nice and do very bad things to you. But if everyone where to love one another then I can gaurentee you that the world would be a much better place. ( And yes i am aware how corny that sounds lol )

Seasonal Leaf

12,175 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Falling For You 25
Honney Boy
Why should I care?

That's an interesting question. Though some may take it as being rude, I can actuall understand what you are saying. Why you should care is really your own choice. I am offering information of the views that I have and these views can sometimes confuse others as they where not raised to belive them. This would be an oppertunity for you to learn why someone belives in this and see what it is about from a belivers view point, without the fear of said beliver trying to cram it down your throat. I will answer only what is asked, as accuratly as I know and I won't attack you personally even if you don't agree with what I have to say.

AcidStrips's Husband

Dangerous Conversationalist

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
The Real Mikuo Hatsune
stealthmongoose
What is your opinion on magicians and how do they differ from your religion's purpose?

It is said that all practices of magic are evil. And o I don't mean those show mgicians that enertain people, but those who try to conjur real magic. I cannot quote where it says it in the Bible as I said, I am no scholar of it and have only read it fully once and am doing so again but I know this is true.

Ah, i see, well that raises the question to two questions, one of which remains unanswered, though i will rephrase it to help, as it was admittedly vague.

1. How is 'Black Magic', if you allow us to use the connotation here...different from Christianity's 'White/Divine Magic' or faith/belief in Jesus?

2. What is your Opinion on Magicians like David Blaine, Chris Angel, and the Masked Magician? How is what these people do and those like them different from what your religion does?

Kawaii Sentai

User Image
User ImageUser Image

Why is God allowed to test us, but we cant test him?

User ImageUser Image
Wow, this has fallen apart pretty fast.

@ the OP: you might want to be more specific in terms of discussion topics, if only to keep the thread somewhat on track.

Anyway...

Here's a question that I like to ask, though you can just give your opinion since it's not really a doctrinal question:

What do you think would have happened if "the fall" had never occurred? Would the word would still have been made flesh, or would Jesus' coming have then been unnecessary? And for either answer- why?
Pseudo-Onkelos
Honney Boy
Pseudo-Onkelos
Honney Boy
Pseudo-Onkelos
Honney Boy

One might care about whether someone could present them new information that causes them to then care.

Also, that sort of phrase gets used as a rhetorical question by those who care about dismissing the person/idea as having any value.

Unbeatable Gaian

7,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
The Real Mikuo Hatsune
So I figured instead of simply saying something about my belifes in Christ that I think you should know, I figured I'd try something else. I'd like to invite you to ask me something you would like to know. And I mean seriously, not a question meat to flame me or make it seem like my religion is bad. I'd like to do my best to answer your questions so this way you have a little more knowledge as to why others and myself belive what we do.

Now I am no coellge grad student or pastor, but I have read the Bible fully once and am currently doing so again. I've spoken with my grandmother on many ocassions asking questions about certain parts of the Bible. This is nothing more then a friendly invatation, I am not trying to force my belifes down your throat, as I would never wish to do so.

=)

I got a real one
Why does your god act like a b***h GF that would smite you for even looking at a girl. To someone who just stop giving a ********?

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
What was the pivotal moment where you accepted that the Scriptural Integrity of the Bible was secure enough to the point as to consider it infallible, or greater than other religious texts?

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Jason the Samurai Knight
The Real Mikuo Hatsune
So I figured instead of simply saying something about my belifes in Christ that I think you should know, I figured I'd try something else. I'd like to invite you to ask me something you would like to know. And I mean seriously, not a question meat to flame me or make it seem like my religion is bad. I'd like to do my best to answer your questions so this way you have a little more knowledge as to why others and myself belive what we do.

Now I am no coellge grad student or pastor, but I have read the Bible fully once and am currently doing so again. I've spoken with my grandmother on many ocassions asking questions about certain parts of the Bible. This is nothing more then a friendly invatation, I am not trying to force my belifes down your throat, as I would never wish to do so.

=)

I got a real one
Why does your god act like a b***h GF that would smite you for even looking at a girl. To someone who just stop giving a ********]
Not only did you not ask a question in the parameters he requested.
You also asked a completely inane and unintelligible question.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
The Real Mikuo Hatsune
stealthmongoose

Be very careful of saying I know this to be true, if your not sure where you have heard or read this and can't provide a source.

Especially in Theology.

You don't know it until you can back it up with evidence or logic.

Hell ton's of people know all Muslims and terrorists amirite?

Adored Admirer

The Willow Of Darkness
Pseudo-Onkelos
Honney Boy
Pseudo-Onkelos
Honney Boy

One might care about whether someone could present them new information that causes them to then care.

Also, that sort of phrase gets used as a rhetorical question by those who care about dismissing the person/idea as having any value.

But see, she was asking why she should care, meaning that if there is no reason for her to, then she shouldn't. That she asked the question shows she cares. I ought to try using her method to get in the last word, though. Pretty clever.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff