Enduring Seeker

6,475 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Marathon 300
Tachiiyomi
Nerdologist
Tachiiyomi
Ever seen how people say "I'm alive but I'm not living" It's kind of like that. If you don't find purpose in life it's like you're not living it. How can a baby have purpose? Not saying it's useless, just saying... "life" can be a relative term.

If you're suggesting that it is perfectly acceptable to kill any humans who have not yet decided on a purpose for themselves, there are many adults and children of all ages who meet that condition. They're not among the living either. emotion_zombie Eliminate them at once!

It's not right to kill anyone.But when someone life completely belongs to you (fetus) you have the choice.

Define "anyone" and "belongs." It's still not clear to me when you think someone becomes a person whose development should not be terminated.
By the strictest of definitions, I think that life begins at conception, because before then, the eggs and sperm do not grow.
I think that abortion may be murder. Pain depends on the term. It cannot suffer without the appropriate nerves.
I think that abortion is fine under any circumstances, though, because life of this level is comparable to leeches, and insects. People should be able to kill them with no second thoughts.
Relevant
1. Depends on if he fetus is considered a person
2. At autonomy
3. As far as I am aware, no
4. Normally yes
5. Yes but is it bad?
6. It can do
7. Please go google these terms, you are very confused as to what most of them mean
8. It can be
9. No
10. Unsure
11. Circumstantial
12. Defiantly

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Skullmiser
By the strictest of definitions, I think that life begins at conception, because before then, the eggs and sperm do not grow.

So when a sperm fertilizes an egg, but the body flushes the egg out on a monthly cycle, is the person a murderer for ending a "life"...
Rumblestiltskin
Skullmiser

So when a sperm fertilizes an egg, but the body flushes the egg out on a monthly cycle, is the person a murderer for ending a "life"...

No; for miscarriages aren't unlawful.
Rumblestiltskin
Skullmiser

Not really. It dies of natural causes.

Ruthless Mage

10,350 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Member 100
  • Friendly 100
The religion that I follow has nothing against abortion. My personal view on it is that it should be a decision made between the woman in question and a neutral medical authority only. Her body, her choice.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Skullmiser
Rumblestiltskin
Skullmiser

It didn't die...it was never alive.
Rumblestiltskin
Skullmiser
Rumblestiltskin

It was living cells.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Lucky~9~Lives
Rumblestiltskin
Skullmiser
Rumblestiltskin

It was living cells.

Living cells doesn't necessitate "alive."
Rumblestiltskin
Lucky~9~Lives
Rumblestiltskin

It was living cells.

All living things are necessarily alive.
Rumblestiltskin
Lucky~9~Lives
Rumblestiltskin
Skullmiser
Rumblestiltskin

It was living cells.

Of course it does.
1. Is abortion murder?

this article will help my argument. In the article, A man murdered a pregnant woman, and was charged 1 count of 1st-degree murder, and 1 count of felony murder for the unborn child.

If it is murder to kill an unborn baby, then it should also be murder to have an abortion. I understand that maybe its because this death wasn't intentional or something, and I understand I'm talking to a lot of people who agree with abortion, but at least think about it.

2. When does life/personhood begin?

another source

I believe it begins when the fertilized egg is attached to the uterus. This source is of a child who was born at 19 weeks, 3 days. Many people will say that its just a fetus at that point, just a glob of cells. He was perfectly human with a heartbeat, and he lived on his own, although for a very short period of time, as noted by the article a few minutes. It says the daughters came the next morning to see their brother, i don't know if when the daughters were holding it it was alive or not.

fertilized egg attaching to the uterus is significant because I support plan B. It is a chance to stop an unwanted pregnancy immediately, and it does not affect a pregnancy that has already started.

3. Can the fetus feel pain?

I'd imagine so. The real question is do we as living human beings (which 0% of us were personally affected by an abortion; i.e. every living being was not aborted even if they tried) feel for the child in the womb's future? Do we not give the baby a chance? Sure, many homes that a child would have been aborted in will fail the child. But they got a chance.

4. Are abortions safe for the mother?

I'd imagine they are. I guess some aren't but eh.

5. Is it discrimination to not want to bring a fetus with abnormalities to term?

Yes. It deserves a chance, and if you don't want to be burdened with it there are people willing to adopt.

6. Does having a child when the mother is not prepared put her at a financial disadvantage?

Yes. A child costs about $235,000. that being said, there are many avenues of help available in the U.S.

7. Is abortion a form of contraceptive?

NO. Even plan B is not a contraceptive, as it says emergency contraceptive that shouldn't be used as birth control. Abortion is-in most cases- a convenience used to rid of a mistake and place the focus back on self.

8. Is it the mother's fault for becoming pregnant in the first place?

Not enough evidence in the question, as each case is different. About 1-2% of all abortions are due to rape, in which every single case in every single way the mother is not at fault. No matter what she was wearing, what she was doing, doesn't matter. Another 7-12% of abortions arise over health concerns of the mother, the rest are for convenience. Convenience implies consentual sex, in which both parties are at fault. Giving consent to sex regardless of circumstance puts you at fault, especially if you know the person doesn't have protection. Numerous documentation is everywhere that all forms of contraception are not fool-proof.

9. Does abortion create a world where human life is disposable?

Yes.

10. Does abortion reduce crime?

Crime is due to someone wishing in their heart to commit a crime. It is a heart condition to commit a crime, not because you weren't aborted.

11. Is abortion a justifiable means of population control?

No. Nobody should advocate for a certain people group to have abortions, the race card and sexist card should be flying all over this. And Thomas Malthus' ideas about overpopulation have bbeen debunked.

12. Should the woman have a choice in having her rapist's baby?

Yes. Although she should lovingly be given alternatives and encouragement and support to keep the baby.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Lucky~9~Lives
Rumblestiltskin
Lucky~9~Lives
Rumblestiltskin

It was living cells.

My fingernails have living cells...and I wouldn't classify them as "alive"...though, I admit, we could both just be using different definitions for "alive."
Rumblestiltskin
Lucky~9~Lives

My fingernails have living cells...and I wouldn't classify them as "alive"...though, I admit, we could both just be using different definitions for "alive."

The issue is whether you would classify the living cells in your fingernails as alive.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff