Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you wait for love?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on December 31, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 >

As a Christian, I seek the opinion of other Chrisitans when it comes to my issues in life, but I mean the opinion of someone who isn't is not invalid, I'd like to hear from you too! Anyway, here's my sitch:
Quote:
Abraham didn't wait on the Lord, Issac's wife didn't wait on the Lord, and although there was an ultimate goodness, there were consequences dished out.

I want to wait on the Lord, but I have no idea how I'm supposed to know when the right one comes along. I think I've already met him. He's an utterly amazing guy, sweet, kind, gentle and loves having me around him. His words rouse me in the morning and send me to slumber at night. His embrace does its best to hold me through the day... When he's not too busy saying he doesn't like me.

He says he's bi, since late this year. I don't get it. We were the closest we've ever been and then he starts checking out guys? As a Christian however, he says he's struggling with it, as if he wants to stop-- and be with me?

Am I supposed to wait for him to come around and realize God sent me here to be with him-- or am I supposed to look for someone else.

What I think is that dating other people will give me new experiances and teachings-- preparing the "wheat for harvest" adding "oil to the braidmaid's lamp" or preparing the "bride" if you will. What are your opinions. Stating if you are Christian or not would be greatly appreciated!
redface .bump.
heart .bump.
Please don't bump in ED, thanks. The forum moves slow enough for your topic to stay on the first page.
Quote:
Please don't bump in ED, thanks. The forum moves slow enough for your topic to stay on the first page.
Oh, okay. n_n Sorry about that. redface
Anyway, I'm not exactly sure I understand what the problem is. You say he's bisexual, but is this something he actually wants to explore? If not, I'm not sure I understand what the issue is. sweatdrop
Quote:
Anyway, I'm not exactly sure I understand what the problem is. You say he's bisexual, but is this something he actually wants to explore? If not, I'm not sure I understand what the issue is. sweatdrop
Well, according to his own personal belief and upbringing, he doesn't want to be bisexual, and he says hes bisexual, I personally think he's gay and that the only woman he likes is me, but he just doesn't want to admit anything.

The issue is, if he is bi and leaning towards men, gay, or whatever-- do I move on? I love him and I don't care how many times he says "mm, that boy is fine" I "don't get it."

The issue is, do I wait on the Lord to bring him to me, am I supposed to stay with him or perhaps pray that there's something greater that right now I can imagine in my life.
Quote:
Quote:
Well, according to his own personal belief and upbringing, he doesn't want to be bisexual, and he says hes bisexual, I personally think he's gay and that the only woman he likes is me, but he just doesn't want to admit anything.

The issue is, if he is bi and leaning towards men, gay, or whatever-- do I move on? I love him and I don't care how many times he says "mm, that boy is fine" I "don't get it."

The issue is, do I wait on the Lord to bring him to me, am I supposed to stay with him or perhaps pray that there's something greater that right now I can imagine in my life.

*blinks* In order for the lord to bring him to you, he'd have to mess with his free will. Even if God would do that, would you ask for that?
Quote:
*blinks* In order for the lord to bring him to you, he'd have to mess with his free will. Even if God would do that, would you ask for that?
Perhaps I am wording it wrong? The Lord brings to people together all the time and gives couples their blessing. He also guides and give approval over the decisions certain people make. What I mean by "brings him to me" I don't mean a burning bush drags him over to my bedroom. I mean that God opens up his eyes and shows him what he has right before him!
Quote:
Quote:
Perhaps I am wording it wrong? The Lord brings to people together all the time and gives couples their blessing. He also guides and give approval over the decisions certain people make. What I mean by "brings him to me" I don't mean a burning bush drags him over to my bedroom. I mean that God opens up his eyes and shows him what he has right before him!

Did you ever consider that even if he does 'open his eyes,' he may simply not be attracted to you?

Hell, he may not even be attracted to any women. I mean, are you two actually going out right now? If so, how serious is the relationship?
I have to ask the same as Triste; Does he even know that you have feelings for him? It's not the guy's duty to make the first move, after all.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Did you ever consider that even if he does 'open his eyes,' he may simply not be attracted to you?

Hell, he may not even be attracted to any women. I mean, are you two actually going out right now? If so, how serious is the relationship?
That's the whole issue I'm having! Should I wait to find out if he does, or just accept the that he is what he is and move on.
Reisan
That's the whole issue I'm having! Should I wait to find out if he does, or just accept the that he is what he is and move on.

So... I take it you aren't dating this guy and he isn't aware of your feelings. In that case I would advise you to tell him how you feel and discuss your feelings with him.
Reaisan
This is where empathy plays a huge role: How do you know that he isn't feeling the EXACT same way?
Maybe he doesn't know if YOU'RE interested in HIM?
Why not follow your heart and do what you feel would be best for the situation?
Do you truly believe that it would be best to wait and see what happens? Or do you think you should take a little initiative and ask him some questions?
Quote:
As a Christian, I seek the opinion of other Chrisitans when it comes to my issues in life, but I mean the opinion of someone who isn't is not invalid, I'd like to hear from you too! Anyway, here's my sitch:
Quote:
Abraham didn't wait on the Lord, Issac's wife didn't wait on the Lord, and although there was an ultimate goodness, there were consequences dished out.

I want to wait on the Lord, but I have no idea how I'm supposed to know when the right one comes along. I think I've already met him. He's an utterly amazing guy, sweet, kind, gentle and loves having me around him. His words rouse me in the morning and send me to slumber at night. His embrace does its best to hold me through the day... When he's not too busy saying he doesn't like me.

He says he's bi, since late this year. I don't get it. We were the closest we've ever been and then he starts checking out guys? As a Christian however, he says he's struggling with it, as if he wants to stop-- and be with me?

Am I supposed to wait for him to come around and realize God sent me here to be with him-- or am I supposed to look for someone else.

What I think is that dating other people will give me new experiances and teachings-- preparing the "wheat for harvest" adding "oil to the braidmaid's lamp" or preparing the "bride" if you will. What are your opinions. Stating if you are Christian or not would be greatly appreciated!

I am Christian. I understand what you are saying, but if you sincerely trust the Lord then you really don't need to date because He will provide your husband for you. If the Lord intends for you to become married then He will send you a husband in due time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff