Welcome to Gaia! ::

An Interesting Documentary on Judaism,Islam, and Christianity

When you finish Watching it leave a reply

The cherry on top would be if the God actually existed.

Beloved Regular

8,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Fermionic

How do you know He doesn't?
The New Wineskin
Fermionic

In the interest of this not being a repeat of a few days previous; I don't and haven't claimed that it doesn't.

Gaian

If God was created some time after humans started communicating, surely there can be no harm is discussion the existence of 'a' God and several others.

For this threads sake, I'll posit both Jesus Christ and Shiva as my God(s). I only know of both of them by way of literature and scripture. How do you convince someone to hold a discussion about anything, if your first reaction is to debunk it with what amounts to a cold shoulder. Surely there is no harm is communication of knowledge much less wisdom.
I watched the first minute and a half, and stopped there. From the narrator's comments I can already tell that the show considers monotheism the "right" way, and both a natural progression from polytheism and the end point of religious thought. Such obvious bias makes this nothing more than a propaganda piece, which I am not the least bit interested in.

Greedy Consumer

The New Wineskin
Fermionic

my logic would be, if he showed up for them thousands of years ago and not us its either fabricated or he lost interest. What is he so busy with that he cant visit once in a while. If so.

Aged Gaian

5,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
I don't have a problem with Christianity, but there are too many holes in your movie for me to take the last hour seriously. Why did you post a whole movie to begin with, seems like a lot of work on our part, can't you just give us the notes you want us to have a discussion about, and then refer us to the movie if we want more insight?

I would be interested to know what YOU though of this movie, and why you felt the need to have others watch it.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
vamperus
I don't have a problem with Christianity, but there are too many holes in your movie for me to take the last hour seriously. Why did you post a whole movie to begin with, seems like a lot of work on our part, can't you just give us the notes you want us to have a discussion about, and then refer us to the movie if we want more insight?

I would be interested to know what YOU though of this movie, and why you felt the need to have others watch it.

Uhhh... this.

Dangerous Lunatic

5,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
I'm not watching a 90minute movie for you, summarise it. Also I know the history of Yahweh, and I bet its nothing like your film claims.

Malevolent Firestarter

3,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • PvP 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
The New Wineskin
Fermionic

Why do we need to know for sure? I can't know that aliens haven't framed me for a crime and impersonated me in court then subsequently faked a break out for their doppelganger, but it's fair to say we can treat that as not having happened.

AcidStrips's Husband

Dangerous Conversationalist

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
In light of this topic's initial documentary being a less than scientific view of the actual history of god, i'm here to provide something that has a much more true to life rendition of the origins of monotheist God(s).

We Are Organisms
The New Wineskin
Fermionic

my logic would be, if he showed up for them thousands of years ago and not us its either fabricated or he lost interest. What is he so busy with that he cant visit once in a while. If so.

I'm busy living my life, man.

Distinct Phantom

The New Wineskin
Fermionic

Technically, never said he doesn't.

Beloved Regular

8,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Blade Dancer
The New Wineskin
Fermionic

Technically, never said he doesn't.

Well, obviously; I wasn't referring it to you! razz

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out