No Thanks. 0.15789473684211 15.8% [ 3 ]
*shrugs* 0.31578947368421 31.6% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 19 ]

Bashful Giver

6,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Generous 100
It's been awhile since I drew anything with animals of any sort (college keeps me pretty busy) so thought I'd see if there was any sort of demand for Monster Galaxy art (with your avvy of course).
Varied examples of what I can do:
User ImageUser Image User Image
((These were all for commissions/contests, so the characters belong to their respective owners))
I'll get more examples up once I get back to drawing.
Most of what I have posted on my deviantart account is a little old, and I want to update it after I get through some more college homework. I'm currently working on some drawings of my two gaia avatars as practice using the avvies as refs, so I'll post those if/when I open an art shop.

So...Any opinions?

Bashful Giver

6,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Generous 100
I realize I could have posted this in the Art forums, but since it was specifically geared towards the Monster Galaxy theme, I figured I could post here first.
If I'm slow at replying, it's because I'm driving home from my dad's house.

Protective Healer

gaia_angelleft I really like your style! It goes great with Monster Galaxy. Sadly I'm not as attached to the game as most Gaian users or else I probably would get some. Best of luck with the shop though!

Enduring Prophet

15,075 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Razrroth
I realize I could have posted this in the Art forums, but since it was specifically geared towards the Monster Galaxy theme, I figured I could post here first.

I think it would be a great idea if you made an art shop.

But if you do remember supply and demand meaning that you must not go to high on you’re prices but not so low that nobody is going to buy them from you. I know very much about art shops after all I only go to the best of the best of them, so if you need any advice about art shops quote or pm me for I shall not lead you astray when it comes to art.

Bashful Giver

6,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Generous 100
Star-Coon-Kid
Razrroth

I think it would be a great idea if you made an art shop.

But if you do remember supply and demand meaning that you must not go to high on you’re prices but not so low that nobody is going to buy them from you. I know very much about art shops after all I only go to the best of the best of them, so if you need any advice about art shops quote or pm me for I shall not lead you astray when it comes to art.

Oh thank you so much!
Perhaps you could tell me if I'd be okay in my choice of temporary/opening pricing then?
I was thinking about having MonsterGalaxy related art at a lower price, because it's not quite as popular..
Perhaps only 10-15k?
Probably more like 20k if the buyer's avvy is present in the drawing as well.
And 20-25k for regular drawings?
I've explored the art shops a bit, and I don't want to over/under-price my stuff when I don't even know if they'll buy from me yet. I've seen people with higher pricing, but they usually have more established art shops.
I'd also like to offer some sort of "chibi" art, but since I do not currently have any examples, I don't think I can really ask for a "quote" on that. |D

Enduring Prophet

15,075 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Razrroth

Let’s start off with what draws a person to an art shop. They are 1: art variety 2: art stile 3: well-made art 4: Affordable Prices and 5: fast made art.

Art variety
1st off art variety, meaning what you are drawing. In your case MG now MG themed art is more popular with who I like to call furriers people who like animal themed art, such as dogs, cats, pokemon, digimon and MG. But seeing is how you only have one themed of the furriers this will limit the market of those types of people in your shop thus effecting your prices. In truth if you only have the monsters in your art then alone it’s only worth about 30-40k yet if you add the monster and the monsters master, (aka the gaia player) you shall be able to get 50-60k, what’s more if the gaia wants a background to go with the art guess what that’s another 20k+. Ok now you are worried that because MG is not popular enough that you won’t be able to get enough costumers in your shop. Well then if you feel that way then expand your shops variety, meaning things like sketches, chibi’s and so on. Yet if this is your only stile of art then you must head into art style.

Art style
Art style is basically how you draw, now there are many types of art styles out there yours is, let’s see judging by your art style, you have what’s known as 2nd stage digital art. It is one of the most sought after types of art on gaia. Most would normally charge 100k for such art, yet when they do so their shop goes under, why because they charge to much, what the average gaia makes and is about 1-5k a week so what should be charged for the art is about 50-60k. Now I know what you are thinking that is a big cut but it only get’s worse and if you want a steady flow of customers, you must listen. Normally you would be able to charge 50-60k for it however that only applies if you are making whatever the customers what, in you’re case, you won’t be. You are only planning on making Monster Galaxy themed avatars right, so this will hurt your market of available customers. As I said in the Art variety it will be worth about 30-40k and that’s ok. There are other art styles out there in case you are interested, they will help expand your market of customers, the types of art that are out there, but I don’t think you will be in that market so we shall skip it for now.

Well-made art
To get your customers interested you must show examples of your art, this will show the customer how well you do your art. Thus once they look over what are you have they can get a rough idea about what they want and how well they believe you can do it. It’s a basic 0-10 scale of an artist 10 being the highest and 0 the lowest, you are about a 7 and that is good for most gaia artists run about a 5-6 ranking in the gaia art world.
Affordable prices

As I have been listing the prices you have a rough idea on what should they be. Here is a chart to show you a basic layout of your prices.

MG avatar- 35k
MG avatar with master- 55k
Background 20k
Color 5k
Now you are thinking why isn’t it double the price if both MG and gaia are in the art, it is simple, 1: you only want to draw MG and thus you don’t want to draw the master by themself otherwise everyone would just order that instead of the MG. 2: By placing it side by side together it will appear the greater deal and thus they will want to buy the higher price one, it’s a simple but effective way to get a little extra coin in your pocket without over pricing the gaia.

Fast made art

The faster you can make the art the faster they will be happy with the art and go tell their friends. Most gaia’s will wait about a month for art because they know that the artist has a life outside of gaia but if it takes forever to get the art then they will take the art once it’s made and never return, thus you just lost a costumer and possible free advertisement.

If you have made it this far and would like to know more please quote me for any more questions because there is a lot more to learn if you wish your art shop to stay afloat on gaia.

Dangerous Warrior

12,000 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Do a sample MG art and then we'll properly judge?

Bashful Giver

6,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Generous 100
xsamuraizx
Do a sample MG art and then we'll properly judge?

Will do!
I was planning to draw my avvy with some of my MG critters, anyway.
Just have to draw it between college homework assignments. c:

Kawaii Carnivore

OoO ! That is an excellent idea ! I am not sure if MG is that popular, since you nearly don t earn any money playing it , but for hard-core fans such as myself , it would be enjoyable to see this kind of art shop geared towards tamers ^_^. Especially since a constant thing we see on Art Shop 's rules and whatnot is ' won t draw animals/companions ' .

I think you should go on with the idea. Maybe at first ,you won t have that many customers , but with banners and a good publicity , it could work really well .

Vicious Warlord

get a sample art and then put it in the pricing forum.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff