Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cluttered Conversationalist

Dinkaw
I wouldn't call it a rip off, maybe it's because I've seen facebook games that *require* a lot more cash than Moga to even play normally.
Rip off = Not worth the money. I'm not comparing it to anything else, I'm just saying it's not worth the money. xD

Masiakasaurus
Demyki
@Dinkaw: I'm just calling it a rip off. lol

No, you're calling it a phishing scam. The two are not synonyms. Phishing means the game is stealing user information or passwords, which is a pretty serious charge and could lead to lawsuits, a C&D order, possibly even jail time for the creators. A rip off just means the product isn't worth the price paid for it, and is pretty subjective.
This isn't my thread and I didn't say it was a phishing scam. lol

14,800 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
i havent played yet, i dont have a facebook account..... it seems you have to have one to play, and after reading this i have lost my interest in the game anyway. there are a lot of games i can play for free. gaia owners must need money.... desperately

Enigmatic Foe

36,100 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
MimiSkitty
Dinkaw
MimiSkitty

Well the more you know I guess, I never took any english classes so my grammar is not the best *shrugs*
My point still stands anyway.

I don't really care. My main point was that you made fun of the person here, because...I dunno....in your opinion they're wrong...and you weren't able to phrase something right yourself. So all I'm really saying is that you're a Hypocrite.

I'm done here...

Good god, it's not my opinion, it's a fact the game is not a phishing scam, and now I'm a hypocrite? Now you should stop trying to sound smart and check the dictionary for hypocrite..

And I'm also done here dramallama

Phanna's Husband

Questionable Partner

Demyki
Masiakasaurus
Demyki
@Dinkaw: I'm just calling it a rip off. lol

No, you're calling it a phishing scam. The two are not synonyms. Phishing means the game is stealing user information or passwords, which is a pretty serious charge and could lead to lawsuits, a C&D order, possibly even jail time for the creators. A rip off just means the product isn't worth the price paid for it, and is pretty subjective.
This isn't my thread and I didn't say it was a phishing scam. lol

Ah, sorry. Got my avatars screwed up. My bad.

However, CeresBane did call it a phishing scam, and it's not...so, uh...pretend I said that to him instead.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
MimiSkitty
Dinkaw
MimiSkitty

Well the more you know I guess, I never took any english classes so my grammar is not the best *shrugs*
My point still stands anyway.

I don't really care. My main point was that you made fun of the person here, because...I dunno....in your opinion they're wrong...and you weren't able to phrase something right yourself. So all I'm really saying is that you're a Hypocrite.

I'm done here...

Your grammar isn't peachy keen either. Last I checked, they taught you in high school what run-on sentences are.

Either way- It's not an opinion. She is correct. Calling MoGa a "phishing scam" is a misnomer. He probably meant a "pyramid scam", but it's not that either.

Maybe OP should learn what words are before using them, yes?

Masiakasaurus
Ah, sorry. Got my avatars screwed up. My bad.

However, CeresBane did call it a phishing scam, and it's not...so, uh...pretend I said that to him instead.
Haha it's alright. heart I know how it feels to want to get terminology right. I feel the same thing about when people call vending exchanging and exchanging vending. It's just not the same.

Enigmatic Foe

36,100 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Demyki
Dinkaw
I wouldn't call it a rip off, maybe it's because I've seen facebook games that *require* a lot more cash than Moga to even play normally.
Rip off = Not worth the money. I'm not comparing it to anything else, I'm just saying it's not worth the money. xD

In that case I have to agree with that XD I wouldn't invest any of my real money in this game plus I have more than enough seeds to play casually.

Dinkaw
In that case I have to agree with that XD I wouldn't invest any of my real money in this game plus I have more than enough seeds to play casually.
Oh yeah, high five! Why invest in something that, let's face it, has no return? xD

Ah! I envy you. o no; I collect like.. 5-6 seeds and blow them all trying to catch a super rare. I have yet to succeed.

Fashionable Bunny

20,650 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
Guys...I didn't use a penny and I have alot of everything. I just started Thursday of last week!! D:

EDIT:
What are you guys talking about? They give you plenty of opportunities to get more stuff. I have friends playing that I DID NOT invite, and yet it's still counting them as if I had. If you need more crap, befriend some folks from HERE on facebook...problem solved, and you get to be irl long distance friends mrgreen

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Dinkaw
Demyki
Dinkaw

Yeah. In all honesty, I won't spend any money on it either. Then again... I don't spend any money on Gaia period and the last microtransaction I did was about a year ago when I bought a Nexon card because I played Nexon games at the time.

However, I don't knock on Gaia for trying and there are people who will and don't mind spending money. I prefer that and Gaia seeing the game as worthwhile than ending up with another zOMG.

Aged Hunter

Demyki
MimiSkitty
Same! D8

But I got some free GC, so I used it... *shrugs* sweatdrop
PSH. I'm not giving Gaia s**t, except time. o no; I mean, it's pretty entertaining and all, but in Pokemon.. you don't pay 80 cents for each pokeball. Imagine if you had to pay that for every Pokeball you bought. Hell, when I played Pokemon, I always had the max amount of Pokeballs. They want to charge me for that too?

8 Gaia Cash (8 cents) = 1 Moga Cash
10 Moga Cash = 1 Star Seed

Yeah Pokemon is so much cheaper!!!! It only cost 50 dollars to own the game and 100+ dollars to play it on your gameboy.... wait a minute. Monster Galaxy is free to play and the game makes it clear that if you want to go faster you have to pay a little. Its not lying to you about its intentions or selling you one thing or doing something else. If they sold you a star seed with a 100% success rate that didn't work that would be a scam.

I'm sorry you kids seem to think that because a service is free then every aspect of that service must be free.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
powermode

Yeah Pokemon is so much cheaper!!!! It only cost 50 dollars to own the game and 100+ dollars to play it on your gameboy.... wait a minute. Monster Galaxy is free to play and the game makes it clear that if you want to go faster you have to pay a little. Its not lying to you about its intentions or selling you one thing or doing something else. If they sold you a star seed with a 100% success rate that didn't work that would be a scam.

I'm sorry you kids seem to think that because a service is free then every aspect of that service must be free.

Can't you just pay cash to get a 100% catch rate on a MoGa?

powermode

It's pretty up front about it's intentions. Seeing as the rare Moga to buy is on the screen the whole time really and the "Sky Shop" is always there too. And there is a big green button that says "ADD" for Moga Cash. They're not hiding it, it's just silly I think.

Haha, they just want to use the ploy everything on the internet has now a day. "It's free... but if you, I dunno, want to play better and faster... you better get that premium account which is JUST 60$ a month, come ooon. ;D"

It use to be, "Oh, here are some marvelous items! Fun games to earn gold! A hang out spot to talk about whatever you want. Hm.. and to thank all of our wonderful and generous donators, here is a monthly MC we will release. Thanks guys!" Now it's like, "Wanna be rich quick? Buy this. Need money? Do these offers that require your personal information. You can play on Gaia, but to make everything go faster without much work, use the green you've got in your wallet."

SayaAki's Husband

Agile Hunter

and i'm sorry that you think it's phishing.
i clicked for a laugh, and i got one.
i haven't payed for anything yet and i'm doing pretty well, mainly catching when it's something i want and completing the card sets to fill up on supplies is pretty easy, too.

24 whistles, 31 coffee, and 21 balls. >>; not particularly bad off, if i may toot my own attack whistle (which i occasionally wish i could. a lvl 3 donkey probably wouldn't help as much as a lvl 14 winja.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff