Welcome to Gaia! ::

ybunnygurl's avatar

7,000 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Has any one else be fighting a really hard moga, and used a bunch of wistles, only to freeze and get error 127? (it needs to reset) and loosing all there progress in the battle? This relly T-ed me off today becase I had almost beaten a moga, but oh on the last turn ops MG freezes and has to be reset. Worst then the wasted wistle's all the action for the moga were used up, like I had run away.

There needs to be a way that refreshes, but will keep your progress from the battle.


Sorry if I was ranting... stare
No need to apologizes. Many tamers have the same problem too, whether it be Whistles or Starseeds.

Right now, the game is still beta testing so hopefully the developers will solve all the glitches, bugs, and issues. In the meantime, the only thing we can do now is either refresh or contact the developers. To contact, it's on the bottom left side of their Facebook account.
ybunnygurl's avatar

7,000 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Raiten Ka
No need to apologizes. Many tamers have the same problem too, whether it be Whistles or Starseeds.

Right now, the game is still beta testing so hopefully the developers will solve all the glitches, bugs, and issues. In the meantime, the only thing we can do now is either refresh or contact the developers. To contact, it's on the bottom left side of their Facebook account.
thanks I actully did not know that...The devs. need to point that out better. Maybe I should point that out to them too, lol redface
Dsorceress's avatar

2,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
It's a common problem, and it is pretty annoying. Especially when you purchased those 'lost' star seeds and coffees with real money... grrr. I realize this is a beta so I am willing to deal with it, but yeah this is a glitch that needs some priority attention from the developers. Especially when it does this on an Epic that you have spent 6 or 10 seeds on and it just... goes... away... Maddening!
Dsorceress
It's a common problem, and it is pretty annoying. Especially when you purchased those 'lost' star seeds and coffees with real money... grrr. I realize this is a beta so I am willing to deal with it, but yeah this is a glitch that needs some priority attention from the developers. Especially when it does this on an Epic that you have spent 6 or 10 seeds on and it just... goes... away... Maddening!


Or you can ask your friends to give you Starseeds. >>;

If fighting an Epic is bad enough, try battling Legendary. I've wasted 19 Starseeds on the first one (before accidentally critical hit it) and 2 Starseeds on the second one (which I caught it). That's 21 Starseeds being spent and I was saving it for the Fenix hunt. gonk
Dsorceress's avatar

2,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Yeah, I know; I wasted over 30 on that stupid Rainburn. And I used over 20 on Lainedeer and never did get one, and in both cases I had battled them down to 1 or 2 hp. And Lainedeer is also one that glitched more than once, so that just added to the fun. I still say that their capture percentages are skewed; too many people are taking way too many star seeds to complete these quests, and it begs the law of averages. Sure, if it's a 4% chance it is reasonable to use 20+ star seeds, 30 if you are having a bad day, but... too often, for example, a 10% Moga will take 15+ seeds to catch. That would be OK if occasionally you caught it on the first or second throw but that *never* seems to be the case; or at least, not often enough to balance the stated percentage chance, if you get my drift. I love gambling games and I am very adept at figuring percentages, and I hear this complaint a *lot* from other tamers so I do not believe that I am singularly unlucky; I think the percentages are skewed on some of them, or maybe even most of them. confused
Indeed, and I agree with you. The probability of the percentage can screw you. It's like playing a game of Roulette Wheel. If you call the color, you'll get 50/50 chance. If you call for odd or even number, you'll get 50/50 chance. But if you call for specific number, then your chance will get slimmer.

So when it comes to fighting Mogas, and you'll see that you're not catching the Moga on the number of Starseeds you wish to catch (let's say you want to catch it within 5 Starseeds), then you'll know that the percentage is against you.
Dsorceress's avatar

2,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
No; it's worse than that, Raiten. Say, for example, that a given Moga has a 10% chance of capture (to make it easy.) In other words, each time you throw the star seed, you have a 10% chance *on that throw* to catch the Moga (and a 90% chance not to.) Now, if the percentages were accurate, then ON AVERAGE it would take about 10 star seeds to capture that Moga. Some people will catch it on the first hop and some may take over 100 tries, but if the percentage is set to reality then it will AVERAGE OUT to approximately 10 star seeds per successful catch. You with me so far? Now, suppose that MOST people are taking 10+ seeds to catch that Moga. In this case, (which seems to be true far too often in this game) the percentage of probability is incorrect. How often do you catch a Moga on the first bounce? Not enough to offset the ones that take 20+. The averages are not coming out right, in other words they can *say* it's a 10% chance but if MOST people are taking 20 star seeds to catch that Moga then the ACCURATE percentage is 5%, no matter what they state. That is the problem I am referring to; it is taking too many star seeds *on average* for the stated percentage chance of capture to be accurate. I love gambling games and I have a really good sense for averages. I am unwilling to accept that so many of us are that unlucky. it is more likely that either the people setting the parameters for capture do not understand how percentages work, (because that is a simple parameter to set within a program) or they are deliberately overstating the probable chance of capture in order to lull players into continuing to throw star seeds at a Moga that they have a REAL chance of maybe 5% to capture, but a *stated* chance of 10%. Of course I *COULD* be wrong, and I am just monumentally unlucky, but if that is true then this will be the first game of chance that I have consistently been that unlucky. And when I see how often other are complaining, I have a hard time believing it is just me. wink wink
Angel Ein's avatar

Lucky Knight

15,950 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Level Up 200
that happened to me once, i didn't use a lot though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games