Welcome to Gaia! ::

11,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
So I just wasted all my starseeds trying to catch a pudgy that I had down to about 8 hit points, thanks Gaia >< My lack of neighbors on this game makes for a lack of generous amounts of starseeds just hanging around. What kinda freaking odds is it by the way where it'll say ooh "you've got a 19% chance of catching it with an in game item (which is apparently useless as all get out) and 100% if you've got money" which btw gaia, I don't. I really WANT to like this game, it's not bad for a cheap pokemon ripoff/ facebook whore game. Please up the odds on our seeds not being wasted all the time so that those of us who are gassing our cars up at 4 bucks a gallon can still enjoy this in our free time, I've donated in the past and still donate when I can... balance the odds out a bit for me ^^;;;; K. Rant done. THX. BAI. lol

Anyone else feelin' mah pain?

Aged Gaian

Add more friends. Moga cash isn't unfair, if you can't afford it, or aren't allowed to purchase it, it's not the developers fault that you have restraints.

The more neighbors you have, the more seeds you'll get.

I haven't bought anything from their cash shop and I'm sitting on about 60 seeds atm.

Having few neighbors was your first and biggest mistake.

11,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
Melancholy Melanoma
Add more friends. Moga cash isn't unfair, if you can't afford it, or aren't allowed to purchase it, it's not the developers fault that you have restraints.

I haven't bought anything from their cash shop and I'm sitting on about 60 seeds atm.

I don't have a ton of friends on facebook that are just dying to play this game lol So I guess that's my mistake too, yes the advantage of the cash IS a bit unfair actually. Saying you only have 19% chance on a monster you got down to 8 hp vs. 100% if you've got green to rub together is completely unbalanced. I didn't say it was gaia's fault that I have restraints, I've been on here for a long time all I ask of gaia is that they treat me fairly even if I'm not the richest person in the world.

Before I get any "gaia needs money" comments, no duh. I totally understand that but they'd still be getting my money if I had any to give at the very least they could even the system out so it didn't just look like a giant money funnel.

Aged Gaian

Viets Wifey
Melancholy Melanoma

I don't have a ton of friends on facebook that are just dying to play this game lol So I guess that's my mistake too, yes the advantage of the cash IS a bit unfair actually. Saying you only have 19% chance on a monster you got down to 8 hp vs. 100% if you've got green to rub together is completely unbalanced. I didn't say it was gaia's fault that I have restraints, I've been on here for a long time all I ask of gaia is that they treat me fairly even if I'm not the richest person in the world.

Before I get any "gaia needs money" comments, no duh. I totally understand that but they'd still be getting my money if I had any to give at the very least they could even the system out so it didn't just look like a giant money funnel.

I've caught 19% mogas with 1 ss.
It's based on luck.
Don't use more than 2-3 seeds per battle.
If you can't get it with 2-3 seeds, kill it and try again with a new one.

It's not unfair, like I said, in reality you're saying "because I can't afford cash, but someone else can, it's not fair that they can get 100% rate." Yes it is fair, because they can afford it.
And most online games have some kind of cash perk. Even Gaia does.

If you can't afford GC, you have to buy cash shop items with gold from other users.
I didn't say Gaia needs money, but it's a business, and they sure as heck are going to try and make money.

If you need friends that play, add new ones. There is an add request forum just for that.
If you are unwilling to add new friends, then you have no one to blame but yourself, as this game is heavily dependent on people helping you, like every other facebook game out there.

If you are worried about your privacy when adding new people to your FB, might I suggest making a seperate list within in your friends list strictly for MG adds.
You can always try the offers for Gaia Cash. That's what I do.

11,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
Melancholy Melanoma
Viets Wifey
Melancholy Melanoma

I've caught 19% mogas with 1 ss.
It's based on luck.
Don't use more than 2-3 seeds per battle.
If you can't get it with 2-3 seeds, kill it and try again with a new one.

It's not unfair, like I said, in reality you're saying "because I can't afford cash, but someone else can, it's not fair that they can get 100% rate." Yes it is fair, because they can afford it.
And most online games have some kind of cash perk. Even Gaia does.

If you can't afford GC, you have to buy cash shop items with gold from other users.
I didn't say Gaia needs money, but it's a business, and they sure as heck are going to try and make money.

If you need friends that play, add new ones. There is an add request forum just for that.
If you are unwilling to add new friends, then you have no one to blame but yourself, as this game is heavily dependent on people helping you, like every other facebook game out there.

If you are worried about your privacy when adding new people to your FB, might I suggest making a seperate list within in your friends list strictly for MG adds.

I'm not sure you get where I'm coming from completely (btw thanks for the advice on using seeds in battle I'll be sure to remember that) I'm not saying "b'aww I have no money why me?" I'm saying that the system is unbalanced a little TOO highly in favor of cash. Now if I got that monster to 8 hp and say I had about 50% chance of catching it well damn that's as good as it gets without actually having to pay for it, but 19% at EIGHT HP just seems wholly out of whack.

Aged Gaian

Viets Wifey

I know what you're saying, I just disagree with you.

11,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
Melancholy Melanoma
Viets Wifey

I know what you're saying, I just disagree with you.

We'll have to agree to disagree then XD But thanks for posting in the thread anyway, I love a good debate >3

Jolly Genius

20,825 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
  • Determined Egg Hunter 150
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
The problem is, that you can only gift 3 starseeds a day. I never played any other game on Facebook, where you can gift that less. If you have many neighbours, okay, but all these neighbours will more likely gift their 3 starseeds to the 3 people they like best. Plus if you have got more than 3 starseeds from friends as gifts, how do you regift without looking selfish for taking but not giving back.

Phanna's Husband

Questionable Partner

Melancholy Melanoma

It's actually completely unfair because wealth in real life is not distributed fairly and an unfair advantage of wealth also translates into an unfair advantage in the game.

That's okay though. It only becomes a problem if poor player A feels that the amount of entertainment gained by rich person B spending cash (in the form of the game rewards being better/easier to acquire and thus the game itself being more enjoyable) is greater than the value of the cash player B spent.

So yes, saying it's not fair that players who spend money to advance have an advantage is justified. It's subjective, though, and there's a very fine line to walk between being "fair" to people who can't pay money (who want to play the game and have fun anyway) vs those who can (who expect a certain amount of value for their cash).

Personally I think that catch rates could stand to be tweaked a bit in both directions. It's too easy to catch beginner stuff, which often has a 50% catch rate without actually damaging it, and too hard to catch rare stuff, which can be below 20% even when they're dying. A small adjustment to tighten the overall range would probably make everyone happy.

Aged Gaian

Masiakasaurus

Agree to disagree.

cat dog 27's Pardner

6,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Trader 100
Viets Wifey
So I just wasted all my starseeds trying to catch a pudgy that I had down to about 8 hit points, thanks Gaia >< My lack of neighbors on this game makes for a lack of generous amounts of starseeds just hanging around. What kinda freaking odds is it by the way where it'll say ooh "you've got a 19% chance of catching it with an in game item (which is apparently useless as all get out) and 100% if you've got money" which btw gaia, I don't. I really WANT to like this game, it's not bad for a cheap pokemon ripoff/ facebook whore game. Please up the odds on our seeds not being wasted all the time so that those of us who are gassing our cars up at 4 bucks a gallon can still enjoy this in our free time, I've donated in the past and still donate when I can... balance the odds out a bit for me ^^;;;; K. Rant done. THX. BAI. lol

Anyone else feelin' mah pain?

try gcash offers
i get over 300 gcash in a month on the vids alone

Invisible Gaian

20,775 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Yona_Babe
The problem is, that you can only gift 3 starseeds a day. I never played any other game on Facebook, where you can gift that less. If you have many neighbours, okay, but all these neighbours will more likely gift their 3 starseeds to the 3 people they like best. Plus if you have got more than 3 starseeds from friends as gifts, how do you regift without looking selfish for taking but not giving back.

Yeah, I know that feeling! I actually keep a notepad with a list of who gifted me starseeds. I go down the list 3 at a time, and that way I'm repaying everyone who does it. Sometimes my list gets a little long and it takes a while to catch up, but hey, that's a good thing really..
I'm fine with the capture rates, you just need to add some friends, and it's all about luck. You'll soon find yourself catching Epic or Legendary (9%, 4%) with around 1 - 5 seeds and you won't believe it yourself.

Jolly Genius

20,825 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
  • Determined Egg Hunter 150
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
OddBird
Yona_Babe

Yeah, I know that feeling! I actually keep a notepad with a list of who gifted me starseeds. I go down the list 3 at a time, and that way I'm repaying everyone who does it. Sometimes my list gets a little long and it takes a while to catch up, but hey, that's a good thing really..

Yeah, I'm doing it the same way, but if you have 3 regular seedgifters, because they are close friends and some others, you've got a problem. ^^

Rafalgar
I'm fine with the capture rates, you just need to add some friends, and it's all about luck. You'll soon find yourself catching Epic or Legendary (9%, 4%) with around 1 - 5 seeds and you won't believe it yourself.

It took me 10 seeds to get one with 28%.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff