129301203918239 + 1 is still better than
129301203918239 + 0
tugs at your hands. Look at me! biggrin

7,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Signature Look 250
It's Pokemon! =D
Yes this game does bear some similarity to Pokemon, beyond just being in the same genre of gaming.

The basics are as follows:
One starts out with a starter Moga, one adventures around the map randomly encountering other Moga and battling them. One has the choice to knock them out for experience that goes to the active Moga OR to capture them. One can then build a new team from the captured Moga.
The rarer the Moga the harder it will be to encounter, capture and better stats it will have.

Occasionally one will find different quests to do that will reward you in either Blue Coffee (basic healing item) or Starseeds (the balls used to capture the Moga). These are generally go here, beat or capture this Moga, go talk to this person, go find this item dropped by this Moga or go here and beat on this team.

There are currently two maps, one has to travel all the way through the first one to unlock the second.

I can't help comparing this to Pokemon. It's not because it's a monster capture and battle type game, I play Monster Hero as well as Miscrits on FB and they aren't near as close a clone as this game is.
It has a MogaDex (Pokedex), Master Seeds (Master Ball), a rival trainer that is an arse (Gary), a trumping system that is all too similar even if it's based on the Zodiac instead of different Elements, the plot is that you want to become the greatest Moga Trainer. . . do I need to continue?

Do I like the game? Somewhat. The artwork is fantastic, I really like the creatures and the battle is much improved with the latest update.
I do not like the cash shop but those familiar with Gaia's won't have much of an objection. What I loathe the most is the capture system. It's based on percentages that go down as the rarity of the Moga goes up with a less then 10% chance to capture the rarest in the game. This wouldn't be an issue if Starseeds were easier to come by, your choices are going to be using real money, not capturing things for days at a time while you build up a reserve, or getting a lot of friends and sending them to each other.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff