Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi there,

As many of you know there is a bug with the sending/giving of gifts. Currently some of the gifts you receive will just produce an error and you will not get whatever that gift is. The same kind of thing can happen when you try to send a gift.

The Developers are aware of this bug and are hard at work trying to pin down exactly what is going on, why, and most importantly, how to fix it. They thought they had it fixed a few days ago, but further testing showed the bug still existed.

Since they are still working on it there is no firm timeline on when this will be fixed, but we ask you to be patient and know that it is a priority and is being worked on.

I will make sure to update this thread when we have more information.

Update 1/23: As of 1:30pm PST the gifting bug should be fixed for everyone. Any new gifts sent out should be able to be received!

4,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
I have some questions,
since a lot of us have tried accepting the gifts
while not knowing about the bug and ended up losing a lot of 'em...

Are you guys going to give like, a refund?

Also, some of us are preserving and keeping the gifts stacked up,
waiting for the fix until we can accept the gifts again,

Will the stacked-up gifts still count?
They're not gonna get deleted, are they?
ply4funt yeah im wondering that too if we sit here and stack them will they count as its not fair on us that there is a bug in the system but if not we all should get sumthing for waiting patiently

Benevolent Accumulator

13,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image
Thank you for posting a thread and letting everyone know that you are aware of, and working on, the problem heart

Happy Hunting! emotion_bigheart

1,150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
THANK YOU VERY MUCH.........
lol
lol lol lol lol lol

Distinct Hunter

5,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Same problem too

Distinct Hunter

5,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I agree that there should be a compansation for waiting!!!
Most MOGA players have 1 problem in common...BUGS! wink I'm hoping this will be gone this week... "Sigh*"

3,750 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Yes, I think its gonna better if we have some compensation.
+1 about the compensation.

5,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
Social Jackie
Hi there,

As many of you know there is a bug with the sending/giving of gifts. Currently some of the gifts you receive will just produce an error and you will not get whatever that gift is. The same kind of thing can happen when you try to send a gift.

The Developers are aware of this bug and are hard at work trying to pin down exactly what is going on, why, and most importantly, how to fix it. They thought they had it fixed a few days ago, but further testing showed the bug still existed.

Since they are still working on it there is no firm timeline on when this will be fixed, but we ask you to be patient and know that it is a priority and is being worked on.

I will make sure to update this thread when we have more information.

Thanks for letting us know.

PLAYERS
Ok, again, i might get my head chewed off for this.. but... you know where you can stick your own head if you want to complain about it.

Give the guys a break. They're doing the best they can. Given a system as complex as this, and the many users and other factors that go into it, its not always exactly easy to fix.

Now I know we can't all afford to just go BUY starseeds.. I know I can't, but really a refund? How can you be refunded for something you got for free in the first place?

I know its a pain in the backside and interferes with your gameplay and mine, but I doubt the admin likes getting flooded with angry letters from us any more than we like missing out on our gifts.

Be sensible people. They're doing the best they can, and we have to do the same until the game is fixed.

ADMIN
You guys are ok with me. You've been working on a little problem I have with my account for a while, in the middle of this gift crisis and you've been nothing but polite and friendly. If you'll take the time to help one little user at a time like this, I know you'll get it fixed as soon as you are able. So from me at least... "Thanks for all the hard work!"

5,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
So do we lose the gifts we've collected over the last few days?

Edit: When accepting newer gifts, the error message no longer shows up, but the gifts don't either. The total counts remain the same.

150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Says its fixed but i still can't send gifts sad looks like i was able to accept friends though

450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Good job! smile Thanks guys wink I think you dont have to compense anything wink s**t happens smile
I can send gifts now but cant accept any ,they wont go into the game sad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces