Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hygienic Hoarder

28,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
Nice to know you idiots have given up on fixing this game but are too chickenshit to say anything about it. stare

EDIT: My apologies, that opening comment was just crass. But the sentiment was genuine, people clearly care about this game judging by all the posts from people trying to play, thinking that by posting here it will make it work. Yet the devs have given us no compelling explanations for why it isn't working nor have they posted any updates or assurances that they are working on it since the problem first arose. This complete lack of transparency is both insulting and distressing.

EDIT:EDIT: Well now they have "announced" it (in optional staff alerts) They're retiring the game along with HoC. Way to give up on things that were cool and had potential, guess you really needed to focus on partner deals and five hundred dollar item bundles. Very, very disappointed in all of you.

Moonlight Healer

Did they even say why they were retiring MG and HoC?
OtakuKat
It's likely because of a low playerbase and costs to keep the servers running.

Hygienic Hoarder

28,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
Seasend
OtakuKat

Most likely this, plus I heard something about them having trouble with Viximo servers which hosted MoGa (along with Resort World and Backyard Monsters).
CarboCookie
Seasend
OtakuKat

Most likely this, plus I heard something about them having trouble with Viximo servers which hosted MoGa (along with Resort World and Backyard Monsters).
Never really played Moga before, was the idea and game owned by gaia or "rented" from another company?

Hygienic Hoarder

28,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
Seasend
CarboCookie
Seasend
OtakuKat

Never really played Moga before, was the idea and game owned by gaia or "rented" from another company?

No, no, Gaia made Moga, it was their idea. It's just that it was originally designed to be exclusively for Facebook, but of course no one liked that for obvious reasons, so they moved Moga to Viximo servers. Viximo is a company that provides servers for 3rd party gaming websites that don't have enough infrastructure to host the games themselves (like Gaia, presumably).

I guessing (not sure though, they've been very tight-lipped about everything), that they had a contract with Viximo and possibly Facebook preventing them from moving to another server, and due to a lack of interest in both games (due to bugs, loading times, low gold-earning potential etc.) that they've decided it's easier and cheaper just to abandon the projects.

But that's just a guess at best, whatever the reason however, it's totally lame.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff