Welcome to Gaia! ::

5/25/2012

Latest Update on playing MoGaia Viximo
- Node Mastery now transfers when players Migrate. We're still working on a way to let players re-transfer if they had any issues the first time around.
- Players can now earn Gaia Gold for using whistles in MoGaia Viximo.
- Gaia Cash to Moga Cash exchange rates now match those on MoGaia FBConnect
- MoGaia Viximo now has a proper support form for players experiencing any issues:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/fbapps/monsterpets/supportform?v_publisher=gaia

We're still working hard to resolve any issues with inviting and gifting, more on this next week.

5/15/2012
Hey tamers,

We appreciate all the feedback that we've been getting since we started this transition. Here's a few notes on some of the issues we've had thus far:

Node Mastery - The fact that this has not been retained through migration is not intentional. We plan to push a fix for this very soon.

Level One Mogas - Players (including myself) who migrated during the very first build have broken Mogas that are all level one. This has been fixed and will not occur in any more migrations but players with broken Mogas will need to re-migrate.

Re-Migrating - Players who experienced errors and lost data during their migration will be able to request a re-migration soon. For now we encourage you to continue your game on Facebook Connect until we can re-migrate your account.

Viximo/FBConnect Price Differences - The Viximo prices will be adjusted to match the FBConnect Prices (which are generally more favorable).

Grant Links: We're going to look into re-doing grant links so that they're built into the game and thus accessible via both platforms.

We ask for your continued patience while our devs work their hardest to resolve these issues. We would chain them to their desks until every issue is resolved but I'm pretty sure HR would object.

5/11/2012
Moga on Gaia via Viximo is back up!

Click HERE to play Moga via Viximo
Click HERE to play Moga via Facebook Connect

5/8/2012
Hey Moga tamers!

Just wanted to drop you a line to explain a little bit more about Monster Galaxy coming to Gaia, and the ability to move over the data from your Facebook game to your Gaia game. Hopefully this will explain what this means, and help you decide whether or not you want to port over your previous game info or start a new game of Monster Galaxy from the beginning!

What is the one-time option to transfer my Facebook Moga game data to my Gaia Online account about?
Great question! There are two main reasons for us to offer all you fabulous Moga tamers the one time option to port your Monster Galaxy on Facebook data over to your Gaia account:

1) We know that some of you Moga tamers have spent lots of time playing Monster Galaxy on Facebook, have amassed quite an awesome selection of Mogas and items, and want to continue the game on Gaia without having to start over. If you choose to move your game data over from Facebook to Monster Galaxy on Gaia, all your stats, collection of Mogas and items, etc. will be cloned to your Gaia Online account. In short, you'll be able to pick up your game on Gaia exactly where you have left off on Facebook!

2) We also know that some of you fabulous Moga tamers would love to start Monster Galaxy over - to pick a new zodiac for your starter Moga, replay some of your favorite battles, and enjoy collecting rare and fantastic Mogas again! If you choose not to move your game data over from Facebook to Monster Galaxy on Gaia, you'll be able to start Monster Galaxy over from the beginning with the Monster Galaxy on Gaia version.

Important Note: This offer to transfer your Facebook Monster Galaxy game data to your Monster Galaxy on Gaia account is a one time offer and cannot be undone. This means that whatever you choose, to import your existing game data or not, is a decision that cannot be reversed. We urge all players to seriously think about their decision before making it - once you have chosen, we will be unable to reverse it.

Will moving my Monster Galaxy game data over to my Gaia account delete my current game on Facebook?
No, moving the game data from your Facebook game to your Gaia Online game will not affect your current Monster Galaxy game. Your Facebook game will remain as you left it the last time you played - the data transfer will simply copy your account information to your Gaia account.

What is the main difference between Monster Galaxy on Facebook and Monster Galaxy on Gaia?
The main difference between Monster Galaxy on Facebook and Monster Galaxy on Gaia is that the Monster Galaxy on Gaia version doesn't require you to have a Facebook account! You can just login to your Gaia Online account and play the game!

I changed my mind about importing my game from Monster Galaxy on Facebook to my Gaia account - can you please undo this for me?
Unfortunately, we are unable to change this for you. Once you made your selection regarding importing your Facebook Moga game over to your Gaia account, that selection was final. We're sorry if this is frustrating for you, but hope you understand that this is simply not something we are able to reverse.

Questions? Comments? Bugs reports? We'll be checking this thread regularly for all three so that we can ensure the smoothest transition possible.

Happy hunting tamers.
Q1 - after copying my data to gaia version will the 2 version act as one or from here it is 2 different version

for example after copying , i catched a legendry buy a moga on gaia version will it appear on facebook version too ?

Q2 -is their a time limit for us to use the copy option ?

2,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
Will I be able to still play MG on Facebook , but through Gaia?

I know option is still there now are you going to remove this ?

1) Now i need to click to "Games" tab

2) then "Monster Galaxy community" notice i can not click "Play monster galaxy! " as of today because this will bring me to window asking me to import file from facebook or start new game

3) once forums page opens then i can click on "Play monster Galaxy" yellow tab on top , that opens my facebook via Gaia

Are you going to keep this link or are you going to remove it ?
1BigJuice
Will I be able to still play MG on Facebook , but through Gaia?

I know option is still there now are you going to remove this ?

1) Now i need to click to "Games" tab

2) then "Monster Galaxy community" notice i can not click "Play monster galaxy anymore " because this will bring me to window asking me to import file from facebook or start new game

3) once forums page opens then i can click on "Play monster Galaxy" yellow tab on top , that opens my facebook via Gaia

Are you going to keep this link or are you going to remove it ?

i wanted to edit my post to ask this but you did biggrin i think this is the best version

and for me i saved the link in my bookmark toolbar for fast access
http://www.gaiaonline.com/monstergalaxy/launch
the new
http://www.gaiaonline.com/viximo?v_selected=monstergalaxy&v_source=gaia_games_pulldown

that's why i didn't noticed this feature as i use always my saved links
The Facebook account and the Viximo account will contain identical information at the moment of transfer but after that they are two completely separate accounts, each with their own Moga Cash, Mogas, Quests, etc.

To my knowledge there is no time limit on when you can execute the transfer. We will make an announcement if option is to be removed.

We still need to discuss the old link so I can't say whether or not we will remove it. We probably won't remove it at least until we know for certain that there's no major issues with the new Viximo games or the transfer from Facebook.

2,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
LadyGadfly
The Facebook account and the Viximo account will contain identical information at the moment of transfer but after that they are two completely separate accounts, each with their own Moga Cash, Mogas, Quests, etc.

To my knowledge there is no time limit on when you can execute the transfer. We will make an announcement if option is to be removed.

We still need to discuss the old link so I can't say whether or not we will remove it.

I am still trying to understand this

So Right now we have:

1) Facebook via Gaia option
2) Facebook directly option

they are both linked to same account

In future we will have :

1) Facebook directly option 1st account
2) Viximo via Gaia option 2nd account

Big if :
3) Facebook via Gaia option ????? same as 1st account

My main concerns if Gaia is not connected to facebook anymore

1) we will not be able to covert gaia to moga cash
2) we will not be able to see our avatar or earn gaia gold wile playing on facebook
1BigJuice

2) we will not be able to see our avatar or earn gaia gold wile playing on facebook

again you just wrote my thought biggrin
and if this happen then it si very clear what player will choose wink

and LadyGadfly

are you aware of all the mess some player reported after copying their data ? sweatdrop

2,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
jumaroka
1BigJuice

again you just wrote my thought biggrin
and if this happen then it si very clear what player will choose wink

and LadyGadfly

are you aware of all the mess some player reported after copying their data ? sweatdrop

i am pretty sure she is

If you click on Games Tab and then "Play monster Galaxy!" you get General Error page now with note Moster Galaxy is temporarily disabled

they do not want more players to convert files because there are many problems so they put error page up
1BigJuice

i am pretty sure she is

If you click on Games Tab and then "Play monster Galaxy!" you get General Error page now with note Moster Galaxy is temporarily disabled

they do not want more players to convert files because there are many problems so they put error page up

eek
actually i didn't tried and i will not at least for now wink in these condition waiting is gold
I don't understand why the change needed to be made at all. We will not be able to collect whistle fruit from the Facebook news feed anymore. We will not be able to post our levels, captures and mission complete anymore. That for me was the whole reason to play, the social aspect of it all. The gold bonus and having my avatar show in battle were the reason why I played here in Gaia and not in Facebook. If the whole purpose of this change was just to avoid the extra log-in, then you are wasting your time and mine. I am used to the way it was and wish you would undo this change all together. To force us to accept these changes is to force us to stop playing this game and stop using Gaia completely. In my opinion you are killing the game for people that have been playing since the beginning. One thing I've noticed to be consistent in this ever evolving game is that every time something good has been added, two other things have changed in a negative way. To continue playing in Gaia is to lose so many good things I liked about the game, and to continue playing in Facebook is to lose other equally important things that made the game worth playing.

My question is, how is this going to make the game funner for us loyal players?
Sir Aric
I don't understand why the change needed to be made at all.

there are many gaian indeed who requested this version for them their friend is on gaia not Facebook they had to add random people to play

on the other hand the same goes to Facebook lover so i think if the dev kept the Facebook with gaia connect this will be the best ever

who love gaia only has his version
who loves face only has his version

me and you have facebook with connect heart

2,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
Sir Aric
I don't understand why the change needed to be made at all. We will not be able to collect whistle fruit from the Facebook news feed anymore. We will not be able to post our levels, captures and mission complete anymore. That for me was the whole reason to play, the social aspect of it all. The gold bonus and having my avatar show in battle were the reason why I played here in Gaia and not in Facebook. If the whole purpose of this change was just to avoid the extra log-in, then you are wasting your time and mine. I am used to the way it was and wish you would undo this change all together. To force us to accept these changes is to force us to stop playing this game and stop using Gaia completely. In my opinion you are killing the game for people that have been playing since the beginning. One thing I've noticed to be consistent in this ever evolving game is that every time something good has been added, two other things have changed in a negative way. To continue playing in Gaia is to lose so many good things I liked about the game, and to continue playing in Facebook is to lose other equally important things that made the game worth playing.

My question is, how is this going to make the game funner for us loyal players?

I completely agree

Lets hope they keep Facebook vs Gaia option also i mean it would be just extra 1 link, we are all used to playing it like this

I hope when i log into Gaia i will be able to see 2 links

Play Monster Galaxy via facebook Account 1
Play Monster Galaxy via Viximo Account 2

Should be a choice we should not be forced to Give up Gaia or Facebook i like combo of both the best as you pointed out
What about yahoo version question rolleyes it is facebook or gaia ? or combo i didn't tried either

2,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
jumaroka
What about yahoo version question rolleyes it is facebook or gaia ? or combo i didn't tried either

the way they set up Gaia sometime today, the idea is that yahoo version will work exclusively with Gaia from now on, without warning, or announcement, when you click "Games" tab and " Play monster Galaxy! " you would be shocked

Game would not load up, you will get an option to start new game via Gaia/Viximo or to import facebook files to Gaia/ Viximo..... no option to play Gaia/Facebook ( now this link displays error because file import totally messes up your new Gaia/ Viximo account2 if you imported it you can go back to Facebook and play with account 1 which is ok )

I did not import anything because i knew 100% there would be bugs so i tried to log on Facebook via gaia in some other way

if you go to monster galaxy community forum and click Play Monster Galaxy yellow tab on top of the forum page, or "old link" game would start like it used to start up to today Gaia/Facebook version, problem is they are thinking about taking this link down

Ruthless Gaian

14,900 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
i had to start monster galaxy from my monster galaxy book mark

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers