Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
Social Jackie
Social Jackie

Hi there,

That is EXACTLY what we meant. The first week meaning the first 7 days. And, we produced! Make Your Own Moga Contest Winners!

And no, this isn't an excuse. We were perfectly honest about it being within the first week, a week being 7 days. And today, is the 7th day of March smile

LSD TV
Then why didn't you say in the first 7 days. First week of the month to most people implies a time period that ends with the end of the first sunday of the month.

Hi there,

It actually seems more like YOU are getting hung up on semantics. I explained our thinking, you take issue with that because you have a differing opinon. Well, that is your right, but it doesn't make it any less true.

Quote:
Regardless of how you spin it the game has been going downhill I just want to know why there are hardly any developers working on it or why you don't hire more?

As far as the number/hiring new Developers you can read what one of our Developers has said on the matter here: Does MoGa have any Developers???

Quote:
Why do the CIs only last two weeks. It just seems like its all about money.

If you look back at the history of Monster Galaxy you can see that we have had many different ways of releasing content. Sometimes we just have story line content, sometimes purchased content, sometimes both. At the moment, we are trying the shorter duration CIs. And in a few weeks, we might try something else.

One of the best things you can do is keep things fresh for your user base. Doing the same thing over and over again can be boring. We will take a look at the data from doing it this way and decide how the user base likes it.

Quote:
Don't kill the messenger please, because I'm not the only one that thinks this, and spinning one little thing like this using semantics won't change how these people feel.

We absolutely love getting feedback from our users and take what is said very seriously.

I'm not getting hung up on semantics at all, I'm sick of the fact that the devs say one thing but another thing seems to be happening. There were glitches that they said were being worked on and should be fixed, but took nearly a month to fix. Then this contest...maybe you did mean the first 7 days of march, but I was not the only one who found that very misleading. Now you say "well try to release the mogas within a weak but it could take longer because mogas are "unpredictable"...I'd just really like it if the devs would just tell it like it is. Not to mention every time I post a ticket for an issue I get no response and when I try to see progress on it on Gaia they tell me I never even entered one. Tell me I'm getting hung up on semantics all you want, but its not going to make people like the game better so there is no point in trying to argue that. I'm trying to help. Also I don't know many people who don't like the 2 week CI thing, because it seems like people have to spend more money because the galactics change so frequently: instead of spending 20 dollars a month to try to get a galactic they have to spend it every two weeks...do you understand why a lot of players would think its only about money? More on that point...it used to be easy WAY easier to get galactics in the "normal" chance spin, but now the odds are only 1 in 100 in the super spin...this also makes it look like this game is just about making money because the super spin is 50 cash were the other one is 15 and its gotten way harder to get galactics from the super spin than it was to get galactics from the normal spin in just the space of only 2 or 3 months. This makes it look to us, the players, like you're trying to bait us into spending money. I'm not saying that's what the game is about for you and the developers, but it sure looks that way to a lot of us and none of the changes that the devs have made in the last 3 months have been in the order of allowing us to spend less money for the same product that we were getting with that amount of cash previously, in other words we have to spend more to get the same stuff or even less stuff than before. If you have a response to this I'd love to hear it. As someone who plays this game I am giving you something way more valuable than random numbers you call data, this is the opinion of not only me but many people I talk to who play this game. 1 in 100 odds for a galactic is not fair, especially if every attempt to get it costs 5 dollars cash. Not even WoW is that expensive. The fact that this is not something the players want or like and that it has been getting SOOOO much more expensive to get galactic mogas is not fair. This should be glaringly obvious not only because its common sense but also because of the amount of threads and responses in those threads that echo this exact sentiment. Please do something about this or at the very least...why don't you try allowing us to earn moga cash by playing the game? In terms of trying something new that would probably please the people that play the game that would, no doubt, be very high on the list. If you do take these suggestions seriously, listen to this: if I could become a developer and change one thing, it would be to give 1 moga cash for each time someone levels up a moga, especially if you are going to keep sky shop prices this high.

So, as a player who loves this game and as someone whose word you supposedly take very seriously, prove you take it seriously by implementing that last thing I said, I think a lot of people would appreciate it. If not, at the very least make it cheaper to play this game and get the good mogas - its not fair to new players that the prices have been raised this high because they have no chance to get all the galactics that the longer term players got and it makes the arena no fun for them - and if not even that please give me a meaningful response with the real answers to all these questions, because I'm not an idiot, none of the changes you've made in the last three months have made this game more affordable and I'm starting to lose faith in the notion that that could still be a coincidence.

Seeing as how my critical threads get ignored by both moderators and developers, if you don't respond, I wouldn't be surprised, but if you don't respond and you continue to claim that you take what we say seriously, I will to everything in my power to alert anyone who makes any suggestions or critical threads that that is not the case, because no response here will prove me right in that regard. I will probably also use this post as the basis of a suggestions thread in the bug forum not to give you and developers hell, not to troll, but to make sure that they read this post and see the information that it contains, because I love this game and I want it to be fun and successful, but if that is going to happen, I feel that this is something the developers really need to see, accept as truth, and act on.

Fashionable Hunter

11,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
LSD TV
Social Jackie
Social Jackie

Hi there,

That is EXACTLY what we meant. The first week meaning the first 7 days. And, we produced! Make Your Own Moga Contest Winners!

And no, this isn't an excuse. We were perfectly honest about it being within the first week, a week being 7 days. And today, is the 7th day of March smile

LSD TV
Then why didn't you say in the first 7 days. First week of the month to most people implies a time period that ends with the end of the first sunday of the month.

Hi there,

It actually seems more like YOU are getting hung up on semantics. I explained our thinking, you take issue with that because you have a differing opinon. Well, that is your right, but it doesn't make it any less true.

Quote:
Regardless of how you spin it the game has been going downhill I just want to know why there are hardly any developers working on it or why you don't hire more?

As far as the number/hiring new Developers you can read what one of our Developers has said on the matter here: Does MoGa have any Developers???

Quote:

If you look back at the history of Monster Galaxy you can see that we have had many different ways of releasing content. Sometimes we just have story line content, sometimes purchased content, sometimes both. At the moment, we are trying the shorter duration CIs. And in a few weeks, we might try something else.

One of the best things you can do is keep things fresh for your user base. Doing the same thing over and over again can be boring. We will take a look at the data from doing it this way and decide how the user base likes it.

Quote:
Don't kill the messenger please, because I'm not the only one that thinks this, and spinning one little thing like this using semantics won't change how these people feel.

We absolutely love getting feedback from our users and take what is said very seriously.

I'm not getting hung up on semantics at all, I'm sick of the fact that the devs say one thing but another thing seems to be happening. There were glitches that they said were being worked on and should be fixed, but took nearly a month to fix. Then this contest...maybe you did mean the first 7 days of march, but I was not the only one who found that very misleading. Now you say "well try to release the mogas within a weak but it could take longer because mogas are "unpredictable"...I'd just really like it if the devs would just tell it like it is. Not to mention every time I post a ticket for an issue I get no response and when I try to see progress on it on Gaia they tell me I never even entered one. Tell me I'm getting hung up on semantics all you want, but its not going to make people like the game better so there is no point in trying to argue that. I'm trying to help. Also I don't know many people who don't like the 2 week CI thing, because it seems like people have to spend more money because the galactics change so frequently: instead of spending 20 dollars a month to try to get a galactic they have to spend it every two weeks...do you understand why a lot of players would think its only about money? More on that point...it used to be easy WAY easier to get galactics in the "normal" chance spin, but now the odds are only 1 in 100 in the super spin...this also makes it look like this game is just about making money because the super spin is 50 cash were the other one is 15 and its gotten way harder to get galactics from the super spin than it was to get galactics from the normal spin in just the space of only 2 or 3 months. This makes it look to us, the players, like you're trying to bait us into spending money. I'm not saying that's what the game is about for you and the developers, but it sure looks that way to a lot of us and none of the changes that the devs have made in the last 3 months have been in the order of allowing us to spend less money for the same product that we were getting with that amount of cash previously, in other words we have to spend more to get the same stuff or even less stuff than before. If you have a response to this I'd love to hear it. As someone who plays this game I am giving you something way more valuable than random numbers you call data, this is the opinion of not only me but many people I talk to who play this game. 1 in 100 odds for a galactic is not fair, especially if every attempt to get it costs 5 dollars cash. Not even WoW is that expensive. The fact that this is not something the players want or like and that it has been getting SOOOO much more expensive to get galactic mogas is not fair. This should be glaringly obvious not only because its common sense but also because of the amount of threads and responses in those threads that echo this exact sentiment. Please do something about this or at the very least...why don't you try allowing us to earn moga cash by playing the game? In terms of trying something new that would probably please the people that play the game that would, no doubt, be very high on the list. If you do take these suggestions seriously, listen to this: if I could become a developer and change one thing, it would be to give 1 moga cash for each time someone levels up a moga, especially if you are going to keep sky shop prices this high.

So, as a player who loves this game and as someone whose word you supposedly take very seriously, prove you take it seriously by implementing that last thing I said, I think a lot of people would appreciate it. If not, at the very least make it cheaper to play this game and get the good mogas - its not fair to new players that the prices have been raised this high because they have no chance to get all the galactics that the longer term players got and it makes the arena no fun for them - and if not even that please give me a meaningful response with the real answers to all these questions, because I'm not an idiot, none of the changes you've made in the last three months have made this game more affordable and I'm starting to lose faith in the notion that that could still be a coincidence.

Seeing as how my critical threads get ignored by both moderators and developers, if you don't respond, I wouldn't be surprised, but if you don't respond and you continue to claim that you take what we say seriously, I will to everything in my power to alert anyone who makes any suggestions or critical threads that that is not the case, because no response here will prove me right in that regard. I will probably also use this post as the basis of a suggestions thread in the bug forum not to give you and developers hell, not to troll, but to make sure that they read this post and see the information that it contains, because I love this game and I want it to be fun and successful, but if that is going to happen, I feel that this is something the developers really need to see, accept as truth, and act on.

*Smiles*

I'm right with you on everything you just stated, hun, and I Tip my imaginary hat to you..^^ I agree 100% That all the changes in the past few month have Indeed been nothing but unfair deals. And that idea you came up with on how to EARN Moga Cash is a Great Idea!...It could still take time for some but it also Drives tamers to Level their Collections of Moga's Faster and that is Quite Clever <3. I'm so happy to hear that I'm not the only one here that Has noticed how Much Moga is turning into Valve and I'm going to keep saying as such until Development Get's their Act Together; because Like I've Clearly said before and now more people are starting to notice as well; This is all getting ridiculous, not to mention just downright sad...

So indeed, instead of repeating the Same nonsense over and over again stating that you're working on it and it will be Fixed SOON and that you take our input Seriously, Why don't you actually try and show us some Proof that you're taking us as seriously as you claim and get it through your heads that the longer you don't, you're going to keep loosing More and More Money...

6,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
Manah Manson
LSD TV
Social Jackie
Social Jackie

Hi there,

LSD TV

Hi there,

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

*Smiles*

I'm right with you on everything you just stated, hun, and I Tip my imaginary hat to you..^^ I agree 100% That all the changes in the past few month have Indeed been nothing but unfair deals. And that idea you came up with on how to EARN Moga Cash is a Great Idea!...It could still take time for some but it also Drives tamers to Level their Collections of Moga's Faster and that is Quite Clever <3. I'm so happy to hear that I'm not the only one here that Has noticed how Much Moga is turning into Valve and I'm going to keep saying as such until Development Get's their Act Together; because Like I've Clearly said before and now more people are starting to notice as well; This is all getting ridiculous, not to mention just downright sad...

So indeed, instead of repeating the Same nonsense over and over again stating that you're working on it and it will be Fixed SOON and that you take our input Seriously, Why don't you actually try and show us some Proof that you're taking us as seriously as you claim and get it through your heads that the longer you don't, you're going to keep loosing More and More Money...

Amen sista!

I went on Gamezebo to see what other people thought of the game as it progressed and this was the first comment by a woman named Alicia Ashby on Dec 14, 2010, 1:01pm:
Quote:
Monster Galaxy is something unusual and ambitious for Facebook, an attempt to create a clone of Nintendo’s extraordinarily deep Pokemon RPGs that’s friendly to social gameplay. While there are very few true social mechanics in Monster Galaxy, the game is largely successful at bringing the appeal of monster training and collecting games into something you can play for free on Facebook. The game features 120 distinct monsters to battle and capture, without any of the “spend money if you want this rare monster!” shenanigans you might expect.

The bolded part of her quote is no longer true and she listed that as one of the best parts of the game. I wonder if she still plays it after whats been going on.

In addition she talked about the uniqueness of the mogas and how there are many of them and how tis free: recently they have stopped the weekly evolutions which means the only way to get new unique moga which was another best feature of the game according to this tamer is by paying for them which is something that she was glad to not see in Monster Galaxy.

Third she talked about how it is ambitious for a facebook game and how it reflects well on gaia: well its really too bad that there are no more new quests or anything to renew excitement in this game isn't it because that is part of what made it so unique and ambitious, it was fun and not mundane, predictable and with little variation like most facebook games, and it was not all about money. Now, NONE OF THOSE THINGS ARE TRUE ANYMORE.

Everything that this tamer liked about the game is no longer true. The developers aught to ask themselves what would draw people to the game now given how this is now the case and how, just as the used to reflect highly upon gaia, what it might make gaia seem like 16 months later.
Here is the link to the site where I obtained this information. If you scroll down past the first two comments there is a link that says "read more". Click it to see how the comments progressed as time went on and things changed. I would post more to show how it changed but I have a midterm in an hour. I will most comments from 2011 and 2012 later when I come back.

edit: MY MISTAKE. That is not so much a short review as a longer one by one of the people who write for that site. Regardless, it was last updated in 2010. There is nothing else from other customers, but the point still stands that everything that that woman listed as a plus in the first paragraph is no longer true about the game in any capacity.

Fashionable Hunter

11,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
LSD TV
Manah Manson
LSD TV
Social Jackie
Social Jackie

Hi there,

LSD TV

Hi there,

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

*Smiles*

Amen sista!

I went on Gamezebo to see what other people thought of the game as it progressed and this was the first comment by a woman named Alicia Ashby on Dec 14, 2010, 1:01pm:
Quote:
Monster Galaxy is something unusual and ambitious for Facebook, an attempt to create a clone of Nintendo’s extraordinarily deep Pokemon RPGs that’s friendly to social gameplay. While there are very few true social mechanics in Monster Galaxy, the game is largely successful at bringing the appeal of monster training and collecting games into something you can play for free on Facebook. The game features 120 distinct monsters to battle and capture, without any of the “spend money if you want this rare monster!” shenanigans you might expect.

The bolded part of her quote is no longer true and she listed that as one of the best parts of the game. I wonder if she still plays it after whats been going on.

In addition she talked about the uniqueness of the mogas and how there are many of them and how tis free: recently they have stopped the weekly evolutions which means the only way to get new unique moga which was another best feature of the game according to this tamer is by paying for them which is something that she was glad to not see in Monster Galaxy.

Third she talked about how it is ambitious for a facebook game and how it reflects well on gaia: well its really too bad that there are no more new quests or anything to renew excitement in this game isn't it because that is part of what made it so unique and ambitious, it was fun and not mundane, predictable and with little variation like most facebook games, and it was not all about money. Now, NONE OF THOSE THINGS ARE TRUE ANYMORE.

Everything that this tamer liked about the game is no longer true. The developers aught to ask themselves what would draw people to the game now given how this is now the case and how, just as the used to reflect highly upon gaia, what it might make gaia seem like 16 months later.
Here is the link to the site where I obtained this information. If you scroll down past the first two comments there is a link that says "read more". Click it to see how the comments progressed as time went on and things changed. I would post more to show how it changed but I have a midterm in an hour. I will most comments from 2011 and 2012 later when I come back.

Wow, you're right, the fact that Everything that was so great about Moga has been all going down hill this quickly is just...Guughh..@_@ *unimpressed* the fact that EVERYTHING this person loved about it gone, I Wouldn't doubt it if they did Rage~Quit...Hell, I'm curious how many may've already because of all the stuff that's going on with Moga lately, I'm sure the Devs would Love to see what you've dug up; good job, I look forward to seeing the other stuff you post later; good luck on your Midterm..^^
Domo-mon!!!! scream scream scream scream scream scream

3,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I know the contest is long over but I have a very important question. the rules stated to participate you need:

Quote:
A 300x300 pixel .png file of a picture of your MOGA with a clear background

Now here's the problem that's bothering me. I have been reading threads and a user said gaia is being completely unfair and certainly biased in these contests. why? because an entry in the top votes went PAST 300x300. Just because the art is good doesn't mean gaia should "let it slide" another problem that bothers me is that the rules said a clear background is needed. Does this mean a transparent image?? that pretty much puts half or more of the users in the disqualify section because they are unable to participate without photoshop or some fancy program. if not that, they would have to go through the trouble of downloading gimp and learning the basics for a transparent image or just draw on paper (which we all know cannot compete as well against an online art program) my point is those who only have traditional art knowledge are going through a lot of trouble...

so why were some images accepted regardless of size? doesn't gaia have strict policies when it comes to contest rules? Do we REALLY need a transparent background on images or can they just be white?

Fashionable Hunter

11,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Super Dexter
I know the contest is long over but I have a very important question. the rules stated to participate you need:

Quote:

Now here's the problem that's bothering me. I have been reading threads and a user said gaia is being completely unfair and certainly biased in these contests. why? because an entry in the top votes went PAST 300x300. Just because the art is good doesn't mean gaia should "let it slide" another problem that bothers me is that the rules said a clear background is needed. Does this mean a transparent image?? that pretty much puts half or more of the users in the disqualify section because they are unable to participate without photoshop or some fancy program. if not that, they would have to go through the trouble of downloading gimp and learning the basics for a transparent image or just draw on paper (which we all know cannot compete as well against an online art program) my point is those who only have traditional art knowledge are going through a lot of trouble...

so why were some images accepted regardless of size? doesn't gaia have strict policies when it comes to contest rules? Do we REALLY need a transparent background on images or can they just be white?

Indeed, you're correct...Though that was a Detail I didn't bring up, I did Notice another small detail (OFFICAL Rule) Gaia/Moga disregarded during the selection of their Finalists, but since most people on here seem to be too narrow~minded to care that the Judges of this Contest that were suppose to be Strict and Professional were going back on their own Guidelines, I'm not going to get into that again...

But you still bring up a good point about the whole Transparent background thing and How a Majority of participants may not have been able to have access to such resources, But the way I see it, It just seemed like another cheap excuse for the Devs/Artists of Moga to Skip a step in this contest so that the finalists' creations that did win could just be thrown in sooner. But I must correct you when I Say that traditional drawn artwork is NOT, in fact always inferior to artwork done with Photoshop, or Gimp, or whatever other Art programs on the computer; that's actually rather insulting not just to me, But many professional and very talented pencil/paper artists...But yes, bottom line is and like I pointed out for many different reasons from the beginning, this contest was, for a fact, Highly unfair, Biast, and unprofessional in multiple evident ways than just the ones, I, Myself or you May've noticed but is Moga actually going to throw us a bone anytime soon..? of Course not; they got what they wanted...Pfft...how awesome of you Monster Galaxy to throw such a Fair Contest...*rolls eyes*

((And I Swear, if Anyone mistakes my responses for hating on ANY of the Actual Finalists or Winners again that I've actually stated my admiration for in the past, I Politely ask you to Keep your False accusations to yourself, I'm getting Quite Sick of them, thank you; this Anger is Not Directed at ANY of the contest participants, it is Directed at the Devs/Admins/Artists of MoGa/Gaia.))
Hi there,

Lets run down the list:

Quote:
There were glitches that they said were being worked on and should be fixed, but took nearly a month to fix.

Yup, sometimes bugs take a long time to fix. Does that mean that we aren't working on them? Nope. They just take a long time. Do yourself a favor. Sometime check out the WoW forums to see how many *months* some bugs they have there last before they are finally fixed. Or Microsoft Windows. Or any number of software related items. Bugs are unpredictable. they can be as simple as a semi-colon in the wrong place or as complex as a line of code, which works *perfectly*, but unknowingly affects 20 other lines of code in a program with a quarter million lines. We do our best and have our Developers working hard on it, but sometimes, they just take time.

Quote:
Now you say "well try to release the mogas within a weak but it could take longer because mogas are "unpredictable"...I'd just really like it if the devs would just tell it like it is.

So, if I get what you are saying, when we told it straight, that we are shooting for releasing them next (now this) week, but, to be safe, we are telling you *upfront* that an unanticipated issue may cause it to be later...we aren't telling it like it is. Ooookay...

Quote:
Not to mention every time I post a ticket for an issue I get no response and when I try to see progress on it on Gaia they tell me I never even entered one.

This is an issue I have addressed multiple times. There are *many* reasons why a reply from us might not have made it to you from your spam filter to your Internet Provider having filtered it out. Yes, IPs can and do take that action if they think an address is spamming people, we do know of domains that do it now. As I have suggested, in the body of your report to us include *another* email address, *not* using the same domain (so if you are using ____.hotmail.com then include in the report your ____.gmail.com email. That way we can reply to both and hopefully one will get through.

Quote:
Also I don't know many people who don't like the 2 week CI thing,...

We know of people who don't like it as well. We *also* know of people who love it. As I said, we will be looking at the numbers to see how it falls on either side and make decisions from there.

Quote:
in other words we have to spend more to get the same stuff or even less stuff than before.

I am a WoW player and can play the game quite nicely by just paying for my subscription and have no problems. If I want that nice new Heart of the Aspects mount well, I hafta go plunk down my money in the WoW Pet Store. Does not having the mount make my game worse? Nope. Everything I was doing before still works. Do I want it because it gives me a nice feeling and I see others getting it? Yup. But not having it does not affect my game.

Lets take a Free-to-Play example: Star Trek Online. Can you play it just fine without buying anything. Yup, just like with Monster Galaxy. Can your play be enhanced by buying stuff like a personal Runabout, a new Heavy Escort refit, or a Gamma Quadrant Duty Officer Cadre. You betcha! Will I be at a serious disadvantage and just quit because I don't want to buy any of the above? Nope. I can continue to play just fine if I choose not to. Will I like to buy one of those above things? Welp, yup, I would (and have, sigh, couldn't resist that Heavy Escort Refit smile )

Are we making the game unplayable for those who choose not to buy a Super Spin by offering it to people who are willing to pay for it? Nope no more than WoW or STO are doing. Would your gameplay be enhanced by purchasing it and getting a Nian or Mushashi? Absolutely! Does that mean that we don't care about you if you don't? Not at all! Giving more options does not mean we don't care about the people who choose not to take that option, it's just that, an option. Does that mean that you will NEVER be able to get one of those special Moga? Nope, we have in the past released Moga that were only for purchase out in the wild for people to tame and will no doubt do it again in the future.

Quote:

So, if I get what you are saying, if we don't make ALL the changes that you suggest, we are not only ignoring our user base but are money hungry people who don't care about the users. That we don't take criticism, just ignoring it and that unless we do accede to all of your demands you are going to harass us no end until we do. Uh huh. Okay...

As can be seen in the forums, we maintain an active presence there, reading all your comments and feedback. Can we implement them all? Not at this time, but that doesn't mean we don't see, understand, and even start working on some. The Make Your Own Moga is a direct result of users asking for the feature. There are many other features we've included at user request and will continue to do so in the future.

"***You Need To Change*** _____ Now!!!!!!!!? Me and all my friends see this as a HUGE issue so it has to be at the top of your priority and if it isn't, you don't care about your users!!!!!!!!!!!"

Not true. We do our best to listen to our user base and make changes when we can. Some, can be done relatively quickly. Others might take longer. Others might not be feasible at all.But just because we can't make a change right away doesn't mean we don't care about what users feel.

3,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Manah Manson
Super Dexter

Quote:

Indeed, you're correct...Though that was a Detail I didn't bring up, I did Notice another small detail (OFFICAL Rule) Gaia/Moga disregarded during the selection of their Finalists, but since most people on here seem to be too narrow~minded to care that the Judges of this Contest that were suppose to be Strict and Professional were going back on their own Guidelines, I'm not going to get into that again...

But you still bring up a good point about the whole Transparent background thing and How a Majority of participants may not have been able to have access to such resources, But the way I see it, It just seemed like another cheap excuse for the Devs/Artists of Moga to Skip a step in this contest so that the finalists' creations that did win could just be thrown in sooner. But I must correct you when I Say that traditional drawn artwork is NOT, in fact always inferior to artwork done with Photoshop, or Gimp, or whatever other Art programs on the computer; that's actually rather insulting not just to me, But many professional and very talented pencil/paper artists...But yes, bottom line is and like I pointed out for many different reasons from the beginning, this contest was, for a fact, Highly unfair, Biast, and unprofessional in multiple evident ways than just the ones, I, Myself or you May've noticed but is Moga actually going to throw us a bone anytime soon..? of Course not; they got what they wanted...Pfft...how awesome of you Monster Galaxy to throw such a Fair Contest...*rolls eyes*

((And I Swear, if Anyone mistakes my responses for hating on ANY of the Actual Finalists or Winners again that I've actually stated my admiration for in the past, I Politely ask you to Keep your False accusations to yourself, I'm getting Quite Sick of them, thank you; this Anger is Not Directed at ANY of the contest participants, it is Directed at the Devs/Admins/Artists of MoGa/Gaia.))
I agree with everything you said, and i'm sorry if I offended you and all traditional artists. I just needed to make a point about access to photoshop or such program. (I use to be a traditional artist myself for the longest time so i apologize for that)
still hoping a developer/staff etc can answer my question, or someone who ran the contest!

Fashionable Hunter

11,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Super Dexter
Manah Manson
Super Dexter

Quote:

I agree with everything you said, and i'm sorry if I offended you and all traditional artists. I just needed to make a point about access to photoshop or such program. (I use to be a traditional artist myself for the longest time so i apologize for that)
still hoping a developer/staff etc can answer my question, or someone who ran the contest!

Thank you for Understanding, I Hope you get an Answer as well even though I Fear that their response will be as Hollow and pointless as all the replies I, as well as other Gaians have gotten from them thus far...I Don't know if you've ever had a Dev respond to any your Questions in the MoGa Forums before, but they've been giving me multiple ones that all consist of either similar Canned, repeated responses that only leave me as well as others to question them even more, or Threats (Most Recently) toward me Because Apparently my Opinion/Point of View on their inefficiency is too harsh for them to take.....*sigh*
I Really hoped they would've figured out by now that if they don't like all the Negativity their getting about the inefficiency with everything MoGa PlayerS (Not Just me) have been Complaining and Reporting about, they should actually do Something about it instead of saying they're going to and, Like I Said before, actually Throw us a Bone every now and again because so Many of us are Feeling Gravely Missunderstood right now; including me and I Just want a Legit Explanation like Everyone Else, Not another threat because I'm Voicing my Disappointment in them and as well as a Highly Justified opinion that they're going to take too personally again because I have not once Violated any terms of Service during these unimpressed posts that single me out anymore than the Other Unimpressed Posts I've seen around here lately.
But Like I Said before, Good luck in Getting a Response/Answer that will actually Satisfy all your Confusion/Curiosity, I Know I've Yet to Receive one....

Take Care,
~M.M
Hi there,

The contest winning Moga have been added into Monster Galaxy! Check out the Make Your Own Moga Now in Monster Galaxy thread for more details!
I hate monster galaxy
[NPC] Nova
User Image

Welcome to the Make Your Own Moga Contest! For almost as long as there has been a Monster Galaxy you, our dedicated fans, have been asking who comes up with the fantastic designs for the Mogas. An more importantly, wondering if it was possible that YOU could send in a design of your own to be included in the game.

*** We are no long accepting submissions, but we are excitedly looking through all the ones we received! We're anxiously looking forward to see which ones you will vote for this weekend! Finalists will be announced on the Moga Fan page and finalist artists will receive an e-mail before Friday 2/17/12. Thank you all for your entries and continued support! ***

*** All finalists have been selected. Congratulations to all of them and good luck at the polls this weekend!***

Finalists
-Bombzai
-Dauthus
-Kaelpy
-Meryog
-Suillus
-Bettami
-Monoceros
-Moro
-Nebulias
-Nexodeus
-Nostradamus

Up until now, all design for Monster Galaxy were done completely in-house here at Gaia but starting today, and for the next week and a half we will be accepting *your* designs for THREE brand new Mogas which will be included in the game! We are excited to be able to help all you Moga Tamers out there have a chance to give back to the game you love!

So get those thinking caps on and let’s see the best designs you have!

But, before you start, of course, there have to be rules for you to follow! Please make sure to follow all the below rules or you risk being disqualified, and we wouldn’t want that!

Rules:

One submission per player! Multiple submissions can get you disqualified.
All submissions MUST be original designs! No derivative entries or previously copyrighted content please! (So, in essence, no tracing, no using art someone else created! Your design has to be 100% from your own brain!)
No explicit designs.

The final day for submissions is Sunday 2/12/12.
Send your submission to mogacontest@gaiaonline.com
An in-house panel will review all submissions and post the best ones for users to vote on.
Voting will commence on Friday February 17th on the Gaia forums and close on Monday February 20th. Since Gaia users will be voting for best ones, feel free to post your submission and discuss below to generate hype for your Moga!

What to need to send:

Your Identifying information –

Your Name (Real names please)
Your Facebook User ID# (which can be found to the right of the My Activity tab at the bottom of Monster Galaxy)(If you don't have a Facebook Account you may omit this requirement)
Your Gaia account name or E-mail address associated with your Monster Galaxy account.

Your submission –

A 300x300 pixel picture of your Moga as a .png file with a transparent background,
Your Moga's Name
Your Moga's Zodiac
Whether it's a Striker/Balanced/Tank.

The following are optional, but feel free to include them if you want!
The names of its two names for its Zodiac Attacks.
100 character description for the Moga Dex

Now, after all that, I bet you would love to know what you could win in this contest. Well, here are the prizes, and, if we do say so ourselves, they are some pretty AWESOME prizes indeed!

Rewards:

1st Place gets:

An Epic version of your Moga in the game!*
A Level 50 copy of your Moga!
A Level 30 Moga of your choice! (ANY Moga so you can choose a Galactic)
150 Moga Cash!

2nd Place gets:

A Super-Rare version of your Moga in the game!*
Level 30 copy of your Moga
Level 15 Moga of your choice (Legendary or below)
50 Moga Cash

3rd Place gets:

An Rare version of your Moga in the game!*
Level 25 copy of your Moga
Level 15 Moga of your choice (Epic or below)
30 Moga Cash

Honorable Mentions (others who are selected for voting but don't win):

Level 20 Epic Moga (or below) of your choice
15 Moga Cash

So get your thinking caps on, those creative juices flowing and design your dream Moga! Because who knows, you just may end up fighting with it on your team soon!

*Restrictions apply see the Terms of Service in the post below.

Newbie Member

150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
biggrin
DJ Helsing
You must read these Official Rules before entering the Make Your Own Moga Contest (the 'Promotion'). All entrants ('Entrants') agree to be bound by these Make Your Own Moga Contest Official Rules (the 'Official Rules').

No purchase necessary. The Promotion is void where any aspect of the Promotion is prohibited by law or where registration, bonding or translation is required.

How to Participate/Eligibility. Starting at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time (PT), 2/3/2012, and continuing through 9:59 a.m. Pacific Time (PT), 2/12/2012 ('Promotion Period'), Entrant must email the following information to mogacontest@gaiaonline.com

• Your (Legal) First and Last Name
  • Your Facebook User ID Number (which can be found to the right of the My Activity tab at the bottom of the Monster Galaxy Facebook Application)(If you don't have a Facebook Account you may omit this requirement)
  • Your Gaia Username or Email address associated with your Facebook Account
  • A 300x300 pixel .png file of a picture of your MOGA with a clear background
  • Your MOGA’s Name, Zodiac, Attack Names, MOGA type (Striker/Balanced/Tank) and a 100 character description for the Moga Dex

Entrant must also supply a valid email address as part of the registration process and such other identification information as is requested. No entries will be accepted after 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time (PT), 2/12/2012. Each Entrant must be an individual who is at least the age of majority in his or her jurisdiction of residence for the duration of the Promotion Period. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, shall determine the eligibility of Entrants and the time of entry.

Entries must adhere to the following requirements:

• Entries must include ALL of the material listed in the ‘How to Participate/Eligibility’ section above.
  • Entries must be original, and the entrant must have all rights necessary to submit the entry;
  • Entries must not be identical or compete with MOGAS currently existing in Monster Galaxy.
  • Entries must not, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, contain any sexually explicit, profane, disparaging, libelous or other inappropriate content; and
  • Entries must not, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service.

Sponsor reserves the right to reject any entry for any reason.

Employees, independent contractors, officers, and directors of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisers, the judges, and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of such persons, are not eligible to win a prize in the Promotion.

By registering for or participating in the Promotion, Entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and any decision Sponsor or its designees make regarding any matters relating to the Promotion. Entrants who do not comply with the Official Rules are not eligible to compete or win a prize. All decisions made by Sponsor or its designees shall be final and binding. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify from the Promotion, and any future contest or other promotion conducted by Sponsor, and to prosecute to the fullest extent permitted by law, any Entrant who, in Sponsor's reasonable suspicion, tampers with any of Sponsor's sites, the entry process, the Promotion, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. In the event of disqualification of a winner, Sponsor may replace the winner with the next runner-up at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.

By participating in the Promotion, each Entrant grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable license to reproduce and use (including the right to make derivative works of) the entry, materials and information submitted on and in connection with the Gaia website, the Gaia store, Gaia products and services, and Gaia marketing collateral. By submitting any entry or accepting any prize, the winner assigns all right, title and interest in his or her entry to Sponsor. Each participating Entrant hereby waives his or her moral rights in any such entries, materials and information, and hereby warrants that any such entries, materials and information are original with Entrant and do not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity.

If the entry contains any material or elements that are not owned by Entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, Entrant represents he or she has obtained, prior to submission of the entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit use and exploitation of the entry by Sponsor in the manner set forth in the Official Rules without additional compensation, including, without limitation, likeness releases for any person whose name, and/or likeness appears in the entry.

Each Entrant warrants that the entries, materials and information submitted do not contain information considered by Entrant's place of business or any other third party to be confidential, and that the entries, materials and information submitted do not violate or infringe the rights of any third parties or violate any laws or regulations. Each Entrant agrees that he or she shall have no recourse against Sponsor for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in an Entrant's entry.

By participating in the Promotion, Entrant consents to Sponsor's use of his or her name, photograph and/or likeness, address, voice, and statements made by or attributed to him or her, in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereafter developed (including, without limitation, print, broadcast, and Internet), for all business purposes including advertising and promotional activities without additional compensation, notice or approval, unless prohibited by law.

Contest Categories and Judging

Entries will be judged according to the following criteria:

• ORIGINALITY: 1/3rd
  • CLARITY OF PRESENTATION OF IDEA: 1/3rd
  • FEASIBILITY OF CONVERSION TO A MONSTER GALAXY MONSTER: 1/3rd

Gaia or its designees will review all eligible entries and select the finalists ('Finalists').

Only one submission per user per contest can win.
Sponsor reserves the right to award any number of winners per contest.

Finalists’ entries will be posted on the Gaia Interactive Gaia Online website for Gaia members to vote for and select the winner.

Finalists may be announced in the Gaia Online Monster Galaxy Forum on or about 2/17/2012.

Public Gaia member voting will approximately occur between 2/17/2012 and 2/27/2012 (the “Voting Period”).

Because the Promotion is a contest of skill, winning is dependent on the quality of submissions received.

Any submissions that are found to break any of these rules at any point of time including after the completion of the contest can be removed permanently from the game and/or site at the discretion of the Sponsor.

Finality of Decisions. All decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding in all matters relating to this Promotion.

Sponsor will identify and count the online votes and will be the sole inspector and final arbiter of these numbers. Each entrant agrees not to use any form of “spamming” or other improper means to increase votes in a way inconsistent with the spirit of this Promotion, or any methods considered by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be unsportsmanlike. Sponsor reserves the right to throw out any votes it suspects are improper in its sole discretion. In the event of the winners disqualification the entrant with the second highest number of votes will be chosen as the winner.

Prizes. The eligible entrant receiving the most votes during the Voting Period will be the First Place Winner. The Second and Third Place Winners will be the entrants that receive the second and third most votes during the Voting Period. The First, Second and Third Place winners will have his or her entry adapted by Gaia artists and turned into a Monster Galaxy Monster in the Monster Galaxy Game in addition to the other prizes listed below. Sponsor shall determine the time period for the design and distribution of the monster in its sole discretion. Sponsor may choose to reward any number of Honorable Mention awards.

1st Place Prize

• A Epic Version of their MOGA created and placed in the Monster Galaxy Game.
  • One Level 50 copy of their MOGA
  • One level 30 MOGA of their choice
  • 150 MOGA Cash for their Facebook Account

2nd Place Prize

• A Super Rare Version of their MOGA created and placed in the Monster Galaxy Game.
  • One Level 30 copy of their MOGA
  • One level 15 MOGA of their choice
  • 50 MOGA Cash for their Facebook Account

3rd Place Prize

• A Rare Version of their MOGA created and placed in the Monster Galaxy Game.
  • One Level 25 copy of their MOGA
  • One level 15 MOGA of their choice
  • 30 MOGA Cash for their Facebook Account

Honorable Mentions

• One level 20 Epic MOGA of their choice
  • 15 MOGA Cash for their Facebook Account

ALL COSTS NOT SPECIFICALLY ENUMERATED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES (INCLUDING TAXES) ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.

Notification of Winner. Winner may be attempted to be notified on or about 2/27/2012. Winner will be notified by email, Facebook personal message or Gaia personal message and may be required to sign and return an declaration of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, a publicity/liability release (unless prohibited by law), and any other requested documents within the time period stipulated in the documents. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in disqualification. Any notification returned as undeliverable may result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute about the identity of an Entrant, entries will be declared submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider or online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he or she is the Authorized Account Holder of the email address associated with the winner.

Disclaimer and Limit of Liability: GAIA MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY ENTRANTS PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION. GAIA SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, COST, OR INJURY THAT ARISES FROM OR RELATES TO PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION, OR WINNING OR USE OF A PRIZE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: (I) LATE, LOST, DELAYED, DAMAGED, MISDIRECTED, INCOMPLETE, OR UNINTELLIGIBLE ENTRIES; (II) TELEPHONE, ELECTRONIC, HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE PROGRAM, NETWORK, INTERNET, OR COMPUTER MALFUNCTIONS, FAILURES, VIRUSES OR DIFFICULTIES OF ANY KIND; (III) FAILED, INCOMPLETE, GARBLED, OR DELAYED COMPUTER TRANSMISSIONS; (IV) THE DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL IN CONNECTION WITH THIS PROMOTION; AND (V) ANY OTHER CONDITION THAT MAY CAUSE THE PROMOTION TO BE DISRUPTED OR CORRUPTED. GAIA RESERVES THE RIGHT, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION AND WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE, TO SUSPEND OR CANCEL THE PROMOTION OR ALTER THE RULES FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IF AT ANY TIME A COMPUTER VIRUS, TECHNICAL PROBLEM, OR OTHER UNFORESEEABLE EVENT ALTERS OR CORRUPTS THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROMOTION.

Release: BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, EACH ENTRANT RELEASES AND AGREES TO HOLD HARMLESS GAIA AND ITS PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY OR DEFAMATION) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH: (I) ENTERING THE PROMOTION; (II) ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE; AND (III) OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE PROMOTION.

Governing Law. The Promotion and the rights and obligations of Sponsor and Entrants will be governed by and controlled by the laws of the State of California, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted solely within the State of California, Santa Clara County. The parties consent to the jurisdiction of the state courts of California and federal court located within such state and county with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of the Promotion.

Privacy. Entrant information submitted as part of the registration process will be collected in accordance with Sponsor's Privacy Policy, which can be found at http://www.gaiaonline.com/info/index.php?info=privacy.

Sponsor. Sponsor of the Promotion is Gaia Interactive, Inc. ('Sponsor' or 'Gaia'), PO Box 612680, San Jose, CA 95161-2680. All questions regarding the Promotion should be directed by e-mail to contest@gaiaonline.com

Winner Lists. Individuals may request the name of the winners by sending an e-mail to contest@gaiaonline.com or submitting a self-addressed, stamped, envelope before 2/27/2012 to Make Your Own Moga Contest, Winners' List Request, PO Box 612680, San Jose, CA 95161-2680. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage.
[NPC] Nova
User Image

Welcome to the Make Your Own Moga Contest! For almost as long as there has been a Monster Galaxy you, our dedicated fans, have been asking who comes up with the fantastic designs for the Mogas. An more importantly, wondering if it was possible that YOU could send in a design of your own to be included in the game.

*** We are no long accepting submissions, but we are excitedly looking through all the ones we received! We're anxiously looking forward to see which ones you will vote for this weekend! Finalists will be announced on the Moga Fan page and finalist artists will receive an e-mail before Friday 2/17/12. Thank you all for your entries and continued support! ***

*** All finalists have been selected. Congratulations to all of them and good luck at the polls this weekend!***

Finalists
-Bombzai
-Dauthus
-Kaelpy
-Meryog
-Suillus
-Bettami
-Monoceros
-Moro
-Nebulias
-Nexodeus
-Nostradamus

Up until now, all design for Monster Galaxy were done completely in-house here at Gaia but starting today, and for the next week and a half we will be accepting *your* designs for THREE brand new Mogas which will be included in the game! We are excited to be able to help all you Moga Tamers out there have a chance to give back to the game you love!

So get those thinking caps on and let’s see the best designs you have!

But, before you start, of course, there have to be rules for you to follow! Please make sure to follow all the below rules or you risk being disqualified, and we wouldn’t want that!

Rules:

One submission per player! Multiple submissions can get you disqualified.
All submissions MUST be original designs! No derivative entries or previously copyrighted content please! (So, in essence, no tracing, no using art someone else created! Your design has to be 100% from your own brain!)
No explicit designs.

The final day for submissions is Sunday 2/12/12.
Send your submission to mogacontest@gaiaonline.com
An in-house panel will review all submissions and post the best ones for users to vote on.
Voting will commence on Friday February 17th on the Gaia forums and close on Monday February 20th. Since Gaia users will be voting for best ones, feel free to post your submission and discuss below to generate hype for your Moga!

What to need to send:

Your Identifying information –

Your Name (Real names please)
Your Facebook User ID# (which can be found to the right of the My Activity tab at the bottom of Monster Galaxy)(If you don't have a Facebook Account you may omit this requirement)
Your Gaia account name or E-mail address associated with your Monster Galaxy account.

Your submission –

A 300x300 pixel picture of your Moga as a .png file with a transparent background,
Your Moga's Name
Your Moga's Zodiac
Whether it's a Striker/Balanced/Tank.

The following are optional, but feel free to include them if you want!
The names of its two names for its Zodiac Attacks.
100 character description for the Moga Dex

Now, after all that, I bet you would love to know what you could win in this contest. Well, here are the prizes, and, if we do say so ourselves, they are some pretty AWESOME prizes indeed!

Rewards:

1st Place gets:

An Epic version of your Moga in the game!*
A Level 50 copy of your Moga!
A Level 30 Moga of your choice! (ANY Moga so you can choose a Galactic)
150 Moga Cash!

2nd Place gets:

A Super-Rare version of your Moga in the game!*
Level 30 copy of your Moga
Level 15 Moga of your choice (Legendary or below)
50 Moga Cash

3rd Place gets:

An Rare version of your Moga in the game!*
Level 25 copy of your Moga
Level 15 Moga of your choice (Epic or below)
30 Moga Cash

Honorable Mentions (others who are selected for voting but don't win):

Level 20 Epic Moga (or below) of your choice
15 Moga Cash

So get your thinking caps on, those creative juices flowing and design your dream Moga! Because who knows, you just may end up fighting with it on your team soon!

*Restrictions apply see the Terms of Service in the post below.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff