Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Shapeshifter

Xyrulena
Quiris
*Faints*

Mine was chosen? Oh my, I'm extremely honored. ; u ;

User Image

I've seen some people say on the Facebook post that I should have made it a wolf, though...
To those that have said that it should have been a wolf, wolves are an extremely overused creatures. My entire thoughts behind this were to take two awesome animals that you NEVER see people draw-- or very rarely. So I chose one of my favorite bird species, a Bearded Vulture, and a wild boar. My second premise to this was "when pigs fly", only a bit more ghastly than a dove-winged Wilbur. xD

Your art makes me weep with joy. ;-;
What I love best about yours (and why it's my favorite) is that it's so original and not-done-before, unlike dragons/wolves *and I'm guilty with my Dauthus*. I like yours the most, more than mine :')

FTTT, thank you so much. x'D < 3

I still think that yours is amazing as well, though. I really love the style it's done in and, no matter how many there may be, I'm a sucker for dragons. * u *
I especially love the veins on the wings, and the overall use of muscle upon the skeleton as well. :3

Fashionable Hunter

11,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Karina Snow
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Moga Name: Bettami
Zodiac: Pisces
Class: Balanced

Moga Description:
Bettamis are rarely seen out of water…not because they’re weak, they’re just land-shy wink
Quote:

Congratulations to you, Karina, Looks Like your Fishy Made it Finals...

Tipsy Shapeshifter

Congratulations to the newest finalist! : DD

And, my, is it just me or are the Facebook posts CLUTTERED with spam? It's hard to read the decent comments. xD
Musique Ninja
Karina Snow
Warrior Protodermis

::Edit:: I love your fish moga~ User Image

User ImageUser Image

aww thx ^_^ it probably wont become a finalist but oh well razz i guess a fish just cant beat a dragon or wolf razz ppl looooove their dragons and wolves razz i should have made one or the other but i was getting tired of all the dragons and wolves razz there are so many interesting animals out there ^_^ they deserve attention too! but maybe thats just me yum_puddi yum_puddi

For some reason, I'm kind of tired of dragons and wolves :/ I really like your moga, it's unique, reminds me of a koi xD I hope you're chosen~

aww thank you biggrin i based my fish mostly on Bettas but I love koi fish as well yum_puddi some ppl think its a cross between a fish and a dragon xD (mostly cause of the horns and the wing-like fins) whee I'm so happy to be a finalist! biggrin and thank you for the support! smile I hope i win first, second, or third! razz that would be awesome!
Warrior Protodermis
Karina Snow
Warrior Protodermis

::Edit:: I love your fish moga~ User Image

User ImageUser Image

aww thx ^_^ it probably wont become a finalist but oh well razz i guess a fish just cant beat a dragon or wolf razz ppl looooove their dragons and wolves razz i should have made one or the other but i was getting tired of all the dragons and wolves razz there are so many interesting animals out there ^_^ they deserve attention too! but maybe thats just me yum_puddi yum_puddi
User Image

lol I was starting to think the same thing, where did all the other cool things go?
I don't think my robot will make it to the end eather, but still, if yours does get chosen, I'd vote for it ;o

Edit:: CONGRATZ!User Image

User ImageUser Image

omg i know!!!! i saw that mine made the finalists and i got so excited when i saw it that i ean to the other room and started jumping up and down! xd this is so exciting!!!! biggrin and thank you for the support! emotion_bigheart
Manah Manson
Karina Snow
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Moga Name: Bettami
Zodiac: Pisces
Class: Balanced

Moga Description:
Bettamis are rarely seen out of water…not because they’re weak, they’re just land-shy wink
Quote:

Congratulations to you, Karina, Looks Like your Fishy Made it Finals...

Thank you Manah biggrin It's nice to see that my cute lil fish made it! whee And I can't believe the devs included my corny description razz i was hoping i could change it xD but oh well smile
Enlus

User Image

Name: Nexodeus
Zodiac: Capricorn
Moga Type: Balanced

Moga Dex Description:
This ancient dragon wanders the world gathering generations of knowledge in a tome it guards.

wow :O this is the most beautiful dragon i've ever seen :O I thought i had seen all dragons but this one is so unique! love the horns :3 its like part deer, part sea creature, and part dragon razz this one blows my fish out of the water! xD if it doesn't make it into the finals i'll be a sad panda 4laugh
Karina Snow
wow :O this is the most beautiful dragon i've ever seen :O I thought i had seen all dragons but this one is so unique! love the horns :3 its like part deer, part sea creature, and part dragon razz this one blows my fish out of the water! xD if it doesn't make it into the finals i'll be a sad panda 4laugh
Aww thank you! And congrats on being a finalist~ ^^

Tipsy Shapeshifter

Oh, my, the newest is great!
Unicorns may be overall very generic for monsters and mythics and what have you, but I simply love Unicorns, so oh well! xD
It's also extremely well done. I love that it takes after a more traditional brand of corn, rather than modern styles.

Congrats to the artist!
People on facebook have been saying that the newest finalist (the unicorn) is a stolen image. Does anyone know if this is true?

Tipsy Shapeshifter

Enlus
People on facebook have been saying that the newest finalist (the unicorn) is a stolen image. Does anyone know if this is true?

Uh-oh, I just saw that too, but I don't know for sure...

Now that I look closer at it though, there are signs of inconsistency on the image,

The blue on it. It's not painted.
Take the image into your photoshop and use the burn tool on the purple section. You get the exact blue colour seen throughout the image.
Of course there's always the fact that they could just use burn as an artist, but then why would they go through the trouble of shading the purple? And why is the blue, especially on the mane, quite... stiff?
I don't see many painters use burn really, either.

. _ .

I really hope that it's not stolen, but I don't know...
My love of Unicorns is strong, so I certainly hope that it's not stolen. D:
Quiris
Enlus

Now that I look closer at it though, there are signs of inconsistency on the image,

Take the image into your photoshop and use the burn tool on the purple section. You get the exact blue colour seen throughout the image.
Of course there's always the fact that they could just use burn as an artist, but then why would they go through the trouble of shading the purple? And why is the blue, especially on the mane, quite... stiff?

. _ .

... I... I use the dodge and burn tool too, hopefully not to a distasteful degree OTL

(and yes Nexodeus has some burn treatment as well XD)

Tipsy Shapeshifter

Enlus
Quiris
Enlus

. _ .

... I... I use the dodge and burn tool too, hopefully not to a distasteful degree OTL

Ah, really? xD
I've tried to use it, but I dislike the tones that come out of it. I think it's because I have more of a painter approach to things, rather than messing around with species tools and filters too much.
I've also grown to hate burn, since it can distort your colours a bit too much at times. : U
Quiris
Enlus
Quiris
Enlus

. _ .

Ah, really? xD
I've tried to use it, but I dislike the tones that come out of it. I think it's because I have more of a painter approach to things, rather than messing around with species tools and filters too much.
I've also grown to hate burn, since it can distort your colours a bit too much at times. : U
Oh, you only need to give it a delicate touch. And you need to use a very soft brush, that is the best way to use it. It's especially good for metallic surfaces, but yes you're right that sometimes it ruins the original colors. Sometimes burn works for me and other times I end up undo-ing it and painting everything manually. ^^

Tipsy Shapeshifter

Enlus
Quiris
Enlus
Quiris

. _ .

Ah, really? xD
Oh, you only need to give it a delicate touch. And you need to use a very soft brush, that is the best way to use it. It's especially good for metallic surfaces, but yes you're right that sometimes it ruins the original colors. Sometimes burn works for me and other times I end up undo-ing it and painting everything manually. ^^

Hrmm, maybe I'll have to give them another chance, then. :3

For now, though, I really only use the luminosity filter layer to do "special effects" other than my initial colours and shading.

--

I hope that we can get a link to an original image for this unicorn soon. :T
Whether it's to clarify that it's stolen, or the artist clarifying that it is actually their work would be nice.
Ignoring my statement that burn isn't used too often-- I still find the parts that have been burned rather ruddy in spots.
The mane especially-- it looks like an original version may have intended for the mane to become very whispy and fade into the background like the back fur does, but the burn has made the splotched ends rather solid and strange looking.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff