Welcome to Gaia! ::

The title might sound abit confusing, I wasn't sure how to word it [[ uh....MG veterans? XD I dunnosh ]] but,

Iv'e looked on this forum after a whopping 5 months, and I noticed that all the new threads are mostly newer players [[ eh, in their lvl.10s? ]] asking questions about it. Each thread seems in the same level-range, I was wondering...Is there even anymore older, more experienced players out there that haven't quit? Iv'e only seen like, 1 so far. I shall call her the Pink Floyd lady. xD
anyways, but I'm also wondering a couple of other things:
1. Do they even update this game anymore?
and lastly, did the popular-ness of it die out?
From looking at this, it seems so.

I joined Gaia in April of 2012 and this thread was basically going pretty good, not so fast but not so slow. and there was many players that were playing longer than I have. then in about July, I noticed not as much people were posting and the older players were somewhat dying out. As in, quitting.
In the beginning of July, I found a website other than Gaia [[ a breedable/clicking website ]] and have been lurking and hidden in there ever since. but for old time's sake and just pure curiosity, I looked in here to see if anything was going on.
I believe due to all the bugs that were happening in I think..June? [[ although bugs happened frequently ]], I think many players were frustrated and left/quit. I personally stopped playing the game because it took hours to level up. I have lvl.20 pets, I was after Zeit [[ I think he is lvl.35? or 30 ]] but getting to him was impossible. I played for like, 3 months and was still stuck. I believe it's because of how long the sleep-charge time was [[ even if I get hit really little, it would take me 2+ hours of nap time for them to be fully restored which is annoying for people who're after certain pets and want to get a move on ]].
Some people on here had very good idea suggestions aswell that weren't really taken into consideration, i.e. "Gift users Moga's" [[ your neighbors being able to "gift" you moga they captured that you couldn't really catch or wasn't proper leveled but really wanted it ]], and a couple of others which were really good but at the moment, I'm kinda brain-farty right now xD
however, many glitches needed to be fully fixed first. It's sad when a game is really good but then quite a couple glitched occur, the owners get frustrated and just end up not updating it anymore or abandoning it. I thought maybe this game wasn't updated due to I was on Facebook and I "liked" their page, but recently [[ a couple of months? ]] they've only posted questions about your favorite moga/battle pet, etc.
mostly new users though caught my attention on this forum and I was just wondering what's been going on.

Friendly Explorer

3,350 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Friendly 100
i am kinda old player i left this game for months rolleyes i just play it for helping my friends lol

350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
I have been playing for over 2 years and as you state a lot of players have left the game as nothing new has happend in a long time and if you have finished the game up to this point then there is not much you can do other than level up mogas, They need to start adding more to the game if they want to bring back a lot of the old players and fix a lot of the bugs that make the game unplayable..... Ayn
I've been playing since the Gaia / Viximo version opened. I'd been dealing with having no neighbors or bonus gifts of starseeds/etc for roughly half a year, so my progress has been significantly slower than some others as a result.

Coincidentally, I just purged my inactive neighbors from my friendslist, leaving me to a grand total of 1.

I actually play this daily whenever possible, I just don't frequent the boards much unless I'm answering some questions that were overlooked.
mogamuncher69er
I have been playing for over 2 years and as you state a lot of players have left the game as nothing new has happend in a long time and if you have finished the game up to this point then there is not much you can do other than level up mogas, They need to start adding more to the game if they want to bring back a lot of the old players and fix a lot of the bugs that make the game unplayable..... Ayn

I agree! And since many people now aren't playing this game since the bugs/no updates, this, right now, is the time to be fixing all the glitches since it's not as popular. And once everything is atleast 99% fixed, start adding new features to bring people back!
I'd have loved if they added gifting Moga's, it wouldn't only help some people, but it would make more people want to play it and gain some of it to be social. someone wanted to gift me a Zeit since iv'e been working painfully log for it. alot of other people wanted to aswell. all the great ideas weren't being taken ontop of the bugs, which brought many people away.

His Reaper's Senpai

Hilarious Duck

22,215 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Partygoer 500
I'm still around, and I've been playing since the very beginning... I just don't play the game that much anymore. No new features, no new updates, and the random items they do give out(ex. whistle/starseeds) don't compensate enough for what should really be done. A new map, and the rest of the cave to be finished. Been looking forward to that forever now...
my monsters have now level 25 and I'm still playing
Saiotsu
I'm still around, and I've been playing since the very beginning... I just don't play the game that much anymore. No new features, no new updates, and the random items they do give out(ex. whistle/starseeds) don't compensate enough for what should really be done. A new map, and the rest of the cave to be finished. Been looking forward to that forever now...
I'm still around, playing the FB version. Sorta. I only go on now, to get my daily starseeds and water my tree. Without an update to the game; new areas, and stuff, there's really nothing to do but level mogas.
they should've connected the old Moga with Monster Galaxy: Zodiac Islands or Exile
sky cats
I'm still around, playing the FB version. Sorta. I only go on now, to get my daily starseeds and water my tree. Without an update to the game; new areas, and stuff, there's really nothing to do but level mogas.
they should've connected the old Moga with Monster Galaxy: Zodiac Islands or Exile

Isn't the Z-Islands/Exile for phone-users only?
Hayes28
sky cats

Isn't the Z-Islands/Exile for phone-users only?
yeah it is. I was talking about throwing the new map areas and stuff from one of the phone games into their facebook games. But they still have the cave map to finish and whatever's on the other side of the cave, for a third map, before that happens
sky cats
yeah it is. I was talking about throwing the new map areas and stuff from one of the phone games into their facebook games. But they still have the cave map to finish and whatever's on the other side of the cave, for a third map, before that happens

I remember that! I saw that and kind of thought it wasn't fair. Both of them look fun and newer, and I'm thinking maybe now their putting more attention to the phone ones than the one on Facebook?
anyway, it would be nice. I also used to just play it on Facebook, since the formatting was easier/that's where it originally was. I don't like gaia's formatting, too laggy and slow for me even though I use Firefox.
Hayes28
I'm thinking maybe now their putting more attention to the phone ones than the one on Facebook?

The new announcement pretty much seems to reaffirm that, also add in to the fact Gaia has a history of just suddenly dropping games permanently into maintenance mode.

Big Noob

10,000 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
i am verry old player i have played it before any chance items came and i have been collecting all the mogas i really want this game to continue growing its best game on facebook i dont understand why they stopped updating it sad before i stop playing it i only needed 10 mogas to complete my collection sad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff