Welcome to Gaia! ::

Apocalyptic Slayer

16,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Survivor 150
Before, I was cynical of the whining surrounding the pay per moga...then the advertisements hit.
By that time I had already paid $15 for Mogas.

Skylar's chest went through a few changes and I thought, "okay, that's a good way to acquire past LE mogas."

Now the current event's bunny-bots are in Skylar's chest.

How far is too far? Yes, this game needs funding, but costing your most loyal base more than any pay-to-play MMORPG is beyond the realm of acceptable.

Feel free to argue with me or QQ in tandem via support. What I hope is that the staff sees that doing more of the same isn't working. Cash items in game that change aesthetics are a less infuriating means of revenue for fans.

I have followed the support link and left it as a suggestion.
Actually, I feel that same way as you. >>;

People are expecting to get the Robo-bunnies, only to find out you have to get it through Skylar's chest. I don't think the people will be happy about having purchase Mogas during event. >>;

Apocalyptic Slayer

16,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Survivor 150
They aren't even purchase events, they are pay-per-try chance items (gambling..they cut access to the slots game in Gaia for kids under a certain age).

I am fairly certain that I was the last to champion "funding the dev team".
That's true and that's even worse. >.< There's no telling what sort of item or Moga people will get now that the bunnies are in the chest. *sighs*

Apocalyptic Slayer

16,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Survivor 150
If I threw $20 at it, I doubt I'd win even one.
PFFFFFFFFFFF
Ridiculous... scream
I bared that I'll never finish my moga-dex, cause of paid mogas, but what happens now??
I get the UGLY bunnies, that even I can draw better, and I the only CAPTURE for a mega-robo-cool-bunnies for me is THE SCREEN capture gonk
damnnn... I rly hope it's not the only option, or that they'll reconsider... gonk

Chatty Shapeshifter

11,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
RIGs meet Monster Galaxy.

I'm also very bothered by this decision. Didn't they learn that we didn't want limited mogas to be purchased?

Monster Galaxy, loyal players want to be able to CATCH all the mogas. That's the fun of the game.

Well, when people give up because they're completely incapable of catching them all, the MG team should know why.

I still feel like they should consider the special colorings suggestion instead of making it utterly impossible for free playing users to complete their dex.
True, they should at least make them easier to find in those chest: i opened some today, and never found one, just coffees and potions... sad

8,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I'm somewhere between pissed and very pissed at this decision of theirs. I don't want to pay for a chance of getting it, if I have to pay then let me get it without having to risk is.
And the fact that you can only pay via facebook credits is BS, seriously it pisses me off. I don't want to buy facebook credits, I have enough gaia cash just sitting there, why do I need facebook credits for a darn gaia game.

[/rant]

2,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I left a lengthy, reasoned comment on the sticky thread about 'game improvements' It basically said the same thing. If I want to pay major bucks to play a game, I will do WoW where i GET what I pay for, the game does not freeze, and etc. I agree, they need to offer some paid options such as 'fancy' Mogas, maybe different colors, etc, for people who want something out of the ordinary or as a showpiece, but it is no fun to BUY them, the game is about *capture.* And the pay scale is totally outrageous. $1 per star seed is way high considering how many of even the mid range Mogas take 10 or more seeds to capture, not even considering epics or legendaries. But now, putting the robo-buns in Skylar's chest...!!! This is just too much. If they do not reconsider this stupidity I am betting a LOT of people walk. I have been loyal through the glitches, I was loyal when the FB credits decreased the number of star coins I bought, I was loyal through the Weatar glitch, and I have been loyal as I lost coffee after whistle to glitches. And I have been paying to play all along, I BOUGHT those lost coffees and star seeds... But enough is enough. scream
Well, in my personal opinion it's a bit expensive to buy all this mogas.

A much more besser solution would be to buy them by paying with this easter eggs you get after defeating on of this bunnies. For example you need 50 eggs to be able to choose one of the bunnies and another 50 to get the next one.
If you don't want to waste your holliday hunting those eggs you could buy 50 for 10$.
This would meen everyone get all those bunnies by playing a lot or by buying all or some for money. So you could decide if you want to pay 40$ for getting all of them or paying hours of playing to gather enough eggs. I think this would be fair.

This is summed up only an idea. Of cause it would need some fine tuning about the number of eggs and the money they should cost.

2,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Seems plausible. Of course it only matters if the devs figure out they are gonna lose large if they continue this line of thinking and actually try to make it a real contest. I don't care if it is hard, hard is good, it means we have to play harder and the win is worth something. But this idea that they are gonna sell you a CHANCE for a robo bunny for $10.... Sorry, that is just supremely lame.
This game has become more and more geared towards paying to play then to actually playing to have fun and it is also becoming more geared to have tons of friends playing to finish an even ex. collecting Easter Eggs, collecting 15 is not bad but 100 is hard for people who only have 2-3 friends out of the 30 in your friends list who have added the game and even then they dont share the eggs and its random selection to find the Robo bunnies to collect an egg so the quest it seems is almost impossible unless you go to a form and add random stranger to your facebook and even then some people could be spam and hack your account and mess with your computer which could cost money to fix it for people who dont know how to fix it. Also what is the point of paying 25$ for a legendary moga when there is nothing special about it except for how hard it is to capture the Master Seed now has made them to where you can catch them but pay 25$ for it I would love to see something that actually makes them special and worth while to pay 25$ for a moga. I really did love playing this game now its becoming something that is no longer fun because I dont have the money to pay for it cause of how bad the economy is these days.
I also understand the creators need to make money but they could make more then enough money if everything was not over priced or that you have to pay to play.
I'd say I was surprised, but it's Gaia, and Gaia loves selling chance items. (In fact, Skylar's Chest is based on the Aquarium Chest that pops up around from time to time.)

The simple fact of the matter is this game was at least in part designed with the goal to make a profit, not just for the game itself, but for the Gaia website as a whole.

6,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I only have one word, "PATHETIC"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items