Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey everybody, I'm the jerk who made the Easter event! And the Cinco de Mayo event, and am currently working on more to come! I really do want to make events better so if you can provide me with useful feedback I will do my best to use it. I am also a person with feelings and will ignore all posts that are just angry rants!

I'm posting because of the thread about how this was the lamest event ever. My thinking in designing this was that it would allow a way for players to work with friends to achieve a goal, something that hasn't really been possible in MG before. I know I shared every egg I got and was super excited when I saw other people doing the same.

I also wanted to make a goal that was challenging enough that it was not an easy "click to win" experience. Since I saw people posting that they had caught Devibun within an hour of the event opening, it looked like 100 eggs would not be too hard to catch over the next 5 days. How many eggs do you think should have been needed for Jackalope? If the spawn rate of the robo-bunnies had been higher during the whole event, would that have made it better? Or do you prefer events that are just easier and don't require a lot of playing to accomplish? (It's ok to admit it if you just want easier events)

It seems fair to me that players who spend more time get better rewards. That does mean that not every player gets every reward. Personally, I did not get Jackalope because I didn't try very hard until the end and only got up to like 50 eggs. People who did put in the time, or who encouraged their friends to play with them, deserve to get a better prize than me. Is this faulty thinking on my part? Should everyone get every prize Moga?

OK, here's the part I see the most people cheesed about: having to pay for robo-bunnies. Well, they were capturable at the end of the event, but as you noticed, they spawned at a very low rate. I didn't capture one. Sad to say, this is what allows us to make the game: people who spend money. Selling cool Mogas is the best way we have found to do that. If you have suggestions for how we can make money, please let us know. I don't handle that as much but can pass the word along.

Any suggestions for future events, however specific or general, are welcome. Please keep in mind that these things are planned like a month in advance so I can't just turn around tomorrow and have a pile of Mogas to give you. Anything that requires extensive new features is also much less likely to get the green light. I am working on opening the Citadel of Prophecy right now and if you want to chime in with suggestions on how to make that fun and not bankrupt us, I am happy to hear what MG players want.

Also, do you think the Cinco de Mayo event sucks? I thought Easter was cooler but I'm hearing less complaining about Cinco de Mayo.
To be honest, I sortta find the Cinco de Mayo better than the Easter Event.... sweatdrop

But anyway, your explanation behind the Easter Event sounds quite reasonable. However, I'm also curious as to how much you've paid attention to the event too.

Because for the last one and the half days when the Robo-bunnies were purchasable, many people complained about unable to find Prototype Zero and/or Beaster, even if they camped in the same area for more than 3 hours. I understand that the spawn rate is really low so that it will be hard to find them. But I'm also curious was there a glitch on spawn rate of Prototype and Beaster during the last two days.

And it's not only that, but there are some people who are really unable to find the Robo-bunnies during the egg hunt. People were unable to find them and had to rely on their friends' post to help them finish the quest.

The only thing I can say is keep a close eye on the event in case there are problems arousing.

As for the Citadel of Prophecy, I have a question about that. Will that be an event quest or a permanent quest/dungeon type? I'm quite aware that it will be released in the summer, based by Greg Moga's post in the FB discussion:

Greg Moga
Releasing the oracle for real, as a sub-area where you can fight at each level of the tower, is one of the things we're working on in the very near future. It will most likely be one of our summer events.

However, I know that the "Prove yourself worthy" speech has been there for ages. So is it an event quest since it's part of the summer event, or is it a permanent quest/dungeon where we can go in and out as much as we please?
I personally loved the Easter Event, and managed to get all the limited Mogas having a huge load of fun! As for the Cinco de Mayo Event, I think there should be a restriction: you will get the prizzes only if you defeated at least one Bandito, this way leechers will have to work at least a little bit...
Then, the buyable mogas. I presonally don't mind having to pay for a premium moga every once in a while, but I can sympathize with all those people who can't afford them: my suggestion is that you could improve the sky shop, adding a section for mogas, in which you could sell special variations of existing mogas (like a winged Lainedeer, a black War Lepus and stuff), and then, let the normal versions of mogas be capturable in the wild...just my 2 cents on it...
The Oracle...well, I'd need more info about it to be able to give some appropriate feedback! :/
Hope I helped...
Hey Raiten--

I am Greg Moga biggrin

The oracle will be permanent. I guess by "event" I meant "something new to do," not necessarily something temporary. Although I do have some more temporary events up my sleeve muahahaha...

I'm glad you like Cinco de Mayo! We will keep that in our bag of tricks.

Quote:
Because for the last one and the half days when the Robo-bunnies were purchasable, many people complained about unable to find Prototype Zero and/or Beaster, even if they camped in the same area for more than 3 hours. I understand that the spawn rate is really low so that it will be hard to find them. But I'm also curious was there a glitch on spawn rate of Prototype and Beaster during the last two days.

When the bunnies were purchasable they were also capturable, so they had to appear really infrequently if we didn't want to ruin the sale. I don't think there was any glitch; it was just a really low spawn rate.

I know some people had trouble finding them during the event, but we have no way of knowing whether that was a real problem or just bad luck unless they file reports and we start watching for it. If people would file tickets instead of ranting about quitting it would make bug squashing a lot easier. *sigh* I have noticed that you give tamers that advice, so thanks a lot. You do really good work on the discussions page.

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
meatless
When the bunnies were purchasable they were also capturable, so they had to appear really infrequently if we didn't want to ruin the sale. I don't think there was any glitch; it was just a really low spawn rate.

I know some people had trouble finding them during the event, but we have no way of knowing whether that was a real problem or just bad luck unless they file reports and we start watching for it. If people would file tickets instead of ranting about quitting it would make bug squashing a lot easier. *sigh* I have noticed that you give tamers that advice, so thanks a lot. You do really good work on the discussions page.

I was one of the many that did not see one at all. I found on the message boards where to capture them and I set off to camp in those different spots for hours. After doing one spot for 2-3 hours I would switch to another one on the list and still did not run into one of the four Robo-Bunnies. I worked so hard to find them and yes I do understand that you didn't want to make them easy for the sale but for someone searching everyday for hours and I didn't even have a chance to get one because of bad luck isn't fair. 60 hours isn't enough time for a player's bad luck to change to good luck.

Also I did file several tickets about this and of yet I still have no reply. I did not rant I just went and filed 4 tickets. I was hoping to get a reply that it was a bug and that the team would be fixing it or extending it to those effected. It just makes it more frustrating for someone who has been a player of this game sense the beginning.

Now off to kill Banditos heart
meatless
PHFT!!! I didn't know you were the same developer who informed me about the Citadel. LOL XD

Thank you for informing me about the Citadel. I was hoping there will be a dungeon in the game. Now, I can't wait for it to come out. >w<

That's true about whether it's a bug or bad luck. However, there are some who don't even know where to file. Speaking about contacting, you need to fix the contact link. It sends people to the support page instead of the report page.

And you're welcome about me helping out with other tamers. I like helping out others who are in need of help. LOL XD

9,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Clark Novius
I personally loved the Easter Event, and managed to get all the limited Mogas having a huge load of fun! As for the Cinco de Mayo Event, I think there should be a restriction: you will get the prizzes only if you defeated at least one Bandito, this way leechers will have to work at least a little bit...
Then, the buyable mogas. I presonally don't mind having to pay for a premium moga every once in a while, but I can sympathize with all those people who can't afford them: my suggestion is that you could improve the sky shop, adding a section for mogas, in which you could sell special variations of existing mogas (like a winged Lainedeer, a black War Lepus and stuff), and then, let the normal versions of mogas be capturable in the wild...just my 2 cents on it...
The Oracle...well, I'd need more info about it to be able to give some appropriate feedback! :/
Hope I helped...

Wow this would be awesome to have but only problem is i don't see it happening for limited moga. However there could be items we could equip on our moga and say will call it moga armor, It don't really have to alter any stats since that would be hard to program but it could make everyones moga more unique even if they are the same type ^_^
This would be something i wouldn't mind seeing
0ooJimmyoo0
Clark Novius
Hope I helped...

Wow this would be awesome to have but only problem is i don't see it happening for limited moga. However there could be items we could equip on our moga and say will call it moga armor, It don't really have to alter any stats since that would be hard to program but it could make everyones moga more unique even if they are the same type ^_^

Yeah, I probably chosen the wrong mogas for my exemple: let's put it this way, in this improved sky shop you'll be able to buy special mogas (color variants, body details variants ans so on) and the past limited mogas...so the regular ones could be released straight in the wild...

9,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Clark Novius
0ooJimmyoo0
Clark Novius
Hope I helped...

Yeah, I probably chosen the wrong mogas for my exemple: let's put it this way, in this improved sky shop you'll be able to buy special mogas (color variants, body details variants ans so on) and the past limited mogas...so the regular ones could be released straight in the wild...

This would be true, and it would make it where not everyone had the same looking moga, they could sell the items to add to the moga and also paints to change the color or design that way u can change it as many times as you like..what do u think?

Apocalyptic Slayer

16,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Survivor 150
meatless
Selling cool Mogas is the best way we have found to do that. If you have suggestions for how we can make money, please let us know. I don't handle that as much but can pass the word along.

It's the only way you guys have tried.

Skins for home backgrounds, houses, baskets/bins...you could have a whole mall of only skins and people would buy them to customize within a perimeter that doesn't kill the server or neighbors with load time.
----------

The event was fine. Aside from continually screwing us with additional rules of Moga gifting after their release, the event was fair (It was changed to one Friedrich gift with robobunny purchase a full day after it let us send 6. Had we known, we wouldn't have picked so willynilly.)

I apologize for people who don't contain enough common sense to get through these events.
0ooJimmyoo0
Clark Novius
0ooJimmyoo0
Clark Novius
Hope I helped...

This would be true, and it would make it where not everyone had the same looking moga, they could sell the items to add to the moga and also paints to change the color or design that way u can change it as many times as you like..what do u think?

It's agood idea, this would keep this huge wave of discontent at bay... I also see Pilfer's suggestion as a good way to provide incomes to the game...

9,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Clark Novius
0ooJimmyoo0
Clark Novius
0ooJimmyoo0
Clark Novius
Hope I helped...

It's a good idea, this would keep this huge wave of discontent at bay... I also see Pilfer's suggestion as a good way to provide incomes to the game...

It really would smile and people would like there moga more since it was unique
they could even make limited paint that makes ur moga seem to glow or makes it more ghostly looking or heck even a zombie lol..Never know =p
Pilfer von Durem
meatless
Selling cool Mogas is the best way we have found to do that. If you have suggestions for how we can make money, please let us know. I don't handle that as much but can pass the word along.

It's the only way you guys have tried.

Skins for home backgrounds, houses, baskets/bins...you could have a whole mall of only skins and people would buy them to customize within a perimeter that doesn't kill the server or neighbors with load time.

Got to agree with you about that suggestion. It would have make a profit for people to customize their home.

Apocalyptic Slayer

16,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Survivor 150
I'd even spend money for a rename agent. Remember the Golerphs? I am an avid namer, it's like a compulsion. The fact that it remains unnamed, drives me crazy.

@ Raiten Ka - If I could get a "Steel Peaks" themed house, I'd be over the moon. Also demonic/gothic/Halloween...so on and so forth.

And if we could get some content in this game, I would actually pay for side quests to win Achievements.

"Hey, bub, wanna buy a watch?" a dodgey tomcat asks you. Upon closer inspection, you realize it's a broken collar with circuits poking out.

Dare you buy it and seek more clues?

"50 Star Coins and this beauty is yours."

See what I did there?
Pilfer von Durem
I'd even spend money for a rename agent. Remember the Golerphs? I am an avid namer, it's like a compulsion. The fact that it remains unnamed, drives me crazy.

@ Raiten Ka - If I could get a "Steel Peaks" themed house, I'd be over the moon.

And if we could get some content in this game, I would actually pay for side quests to win Achievements.

"Hey, bub, wanna buy a watch?" a dodgey tomcat asks you. Upon closer inspection, you realize it's a broken collar with circuits poking out.

Dare you buy it and seek more clues?

See what I did there?

I'd rather have the renaming option as a free feature, but if the price is reasonable, I could make use of it every once in a while, like I do with the farmer cat...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff