Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Citizen

Having this here...

Sometimes I think that I just have really bad luck. Now it's at the point where I think I'm cursed!

I'm currently stuck on the "Capture Owlreed" quest simply because I can't find one regularly enough to have a chance! This is my third day of looking and I've only found two. Both times my Moga decided that it was a good time to show that they can get a critical hit in and One Shot KO'd it.

Frustrating~! Munninns are lying unconscious all over this forest I'm sure. At first I appreciated the grinding, but now...

Any tips on how long I should look in a location before moving on to a new one?
Any similar stories to share?
Anyone else think it's silly you have to kill Owlreed first and then catch it later?

Makes me cool.
You can try other locations too to find Owlreed. Shadowmire Bulwark isn't the only location to find it. However, they give you random Mogas before it decided to come out to play.

I remembered my hunt on Robobunnies during Easter Event. Took me like 2 hours searching for the last one, accidentally crit it, and another two hours break (because I was picking up a visitor) to find it again. >>;

Fashionable Citizen

Raiten Ka
You can try other locations too to find Owlreed. Shadowmire Bulwark isn't the only location to find it. However, they give you random Mogas before it decided to come out to play.

I remembered my hunt on Robobunnies during Easter Event. Took me like 2 hours searching for the last one, accidentally crit it, and another two hours break (because I was picking up a visitor) to find it again. >>;
Having this here...

I've been creeping all over the forest. Munninns are apparently over running the place. xD

Accidental crits are turning into the worst moments of my gaming life.

Makes me cool.
Funny, I usually get different Mogas whenever I hunt Turtlenie or Pearfyx in that forest... sweatdrop

As for the accidental crits, you can use a Defender to attack the remaining HP. That way, you don't have to worry about killing it. >>;

Fashionable Citizen

Having this here...

On rare occasions I run into Trolo or Colibri, but so far Munninns are quickly turning into Zubats for me.

There wasn't any remaining HP. They were one hit knock outs from what I thought was a relatively weak/equally matched Moga. My own Moga are trolling me. /sob

Makes me cool.
*pats Digital Dawn* Yeah, it's hard to find a Moga whenever we get "Capture _____ " quest. They appear normally when we're not hunting them, but then disappear when we're after them.

I would suggest camping in one area and continue until Owlreed shows up, but I don't know if that will help the problem... sweatdrop

Fashionable Citizen

Having this here...

It just seems like very strange odds to me... I can understand that they want to make the game a challenge, but if they purposely adjust the appearance just because you're on a quest for it?

I didn't realize that hunting a common Moga would be such a hassle. Doesn't "Common" kind of imply "Easily Found"? OTL

Makes me cool.
No. The Moga's rarity is based on the catch rate, not the difficulty of being found.

For example, you can easily find Legendary at Ahab's Abyss while Teef (who is Common) is very hard to find in one location.

So Beginner/Training gets 100% catch while Legendary gets 4%.

Fashionable Citizen

Raiten Ka
No. The Moga's rarity is based on the catch rate, not the difficulty of being found.

For example, you can easily find Legendary at Ahab's Abyss while Teef (who is Common) is very hard to find in one location.

So Beginner/Training gets 100% catch while Legendary gets 4%.
Having this here...

This goes against everything I know. Legendary usually means hard to find. Rare usually means hard to find... granted usually the harder they were to find the harder they were to catch but, to completely ignore what the words they chose actually or usually imply...

/brain dies
It's just a game I guess, but that kind of bothers me deep down.

Makes me cool.
Well, this shows that Monster Galaxy is quite different from Pokemon. confused I will admit that both Monster Galaxy and Pokemon are monster catching and leveling game, but they have different game method.

Fashionable Citizen

Having this here...

I think it's just the fact that they're ignoring what "common" and "rare" imply... one of my majors is English, I have a thing about words, haha.

I don't mind that there's a set catch rate though, I just don't understand why that can't also apply to how easy they are to find.

Makes me cool.
Digital Dawn
Having this here...

I think it's just the fact that they're ignoring what "common" and "rare" imply... one of my majors is English, I have a thing about words, haha.
Makes me cool.

Oh, I believe they know what it means. However, you didn't state about the rarity implies to what. It can be imply to how they can be catchable or how can they be found or how.... "unique" their appearance are. sweatdrop Please don't ask me by what I mean about the appearance. You'll see what I mean when you face Yara.

Digital Dawn
Having this here...
I don't mind that there's a set catch rate though, I just don't understand why that can't also apply to how easy they are to find.
Makes me cool.

*shrugs shoulders* To be honest, I don't know. Maybe the developers wanted to test our patient when finding a Moga or not.

Fashionable Citizen

Raiten Ka
Digital Dawn
Having this here...

Makes me cool.

Oh, I believe they know what it means. However, you didn't state about the rarity implies to what. It can be imply to how they can be catchable or how can they be found or how.... "unique" their appearance are. sweatdrop Please don't ask me by what I mean about the appearance. You'll see what I mean when you face Yara.

Digital Dawn
Having this here...
Makes me cool.

*shrugs shoulders* To be honest, I don't know. Maybe the developers wanted to test our patient when finding a Moga or not.
Having this here...

I suppose~
It just seems strange to me. :c
Not game ruining strange but, something that won't really ever make sense to me. xD

Makes me cool.

mv 's Bestie

Punk

17,325 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Timid 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
I always feel like I have bad luck too when I have to catch a moga for a quest. Don't worry, you're not alone.

Fashionable Citizen

Having this here...

Maybe it's an automatic curse once you're given the quest. > w<

Makes me cool.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items