Welcome to Gaia! ::

i used to play World of Warcraft but stopped. I just ordered it online but i wanted to know if people are still playing it and if it's worth buying?
thankss
-sora heart
I think it's one of those games people will always play. I literally just finished paying for subscription time, I haven't played in a few months and I thought why not. I'm waiting for the payment to go through

OG Cutie-Pie

I think it's worth playing. It's still got a massive userbase, and with the hype over the new xpac coming out, will probably gain some people too. Plus with Timeless Isle and LFR it's mega easy to get geared up decently (or better than decent, if you're so motivated).
Of course people are still playing it. They would have shut down the servers by now if they were empty. That said, no, it is not worth buying. The game is way past its prime and the community has devolved greatly over the years.

7,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
That's like asking if any game is worth buying.
So honestly I'd say it depends how much you spend on it and how much enjoyment out of it.
Some enjoy it and some don't. I'd just say don't spend too much money on it.
Best way to get your moneys worth is to try and make friends on there.

Okami Tenrou's Waifu

Witty Conversationalist

I would say it is. If you have a lot of friends who play it, that makes it even more fun.

Like most MMOs it's best when you can share its experience with others. At least, that's been my experience.

Interesting Smoker

7,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Mark Twain 100
The only reason I currently cancelled my subscription is because the patches are way to slow so I'm just waiting a few more patches to jump in again that way I can keep myself up with stuff to do. Once you get all the good gear and do all the raids it gets kinda boring.

Moonlight Healer

WoW is a game that a lot of people come back to over and over again. It can get a bit boring in between patches if you've been playing out the content too much, but otherwise it's always been fun and addicting. There aren't as many people playing as there used to be, sure, but there are still millions of people that play the game, and with the expansion coming out a lot more people will be back. It has also changed a good bit since you've played I'm sure, but it's still good old WoW. Try mixing things up if you're the kind of person who tends to stick to one way of playing, too. You won't get bored with it as quickly.

Maiko Denari's Husband

Distinct Hunter

7,375 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
In all honesty the only reason why me and my wife left the game was because our classes are so low on the totem pole that we ended up stop raiding because of the complaints on dps, but if you want to return you can just waiting for Ret Pallys and Shadow Preists to be fixed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff