Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3
  Why?

Should you subscribe to Ragnarok

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on February 5, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 >

Why did Rangnarok become pay to play, all games that do that still have many players but I still remember the days when you could go on it whenever possible without paying. Why don't they just make it a buyable game with a normal price instead of subscribing for money some people can't spare each month. Why didn't they mak subscribers get new features and things like that instead of subscribe or get nothing.

All those whom agree with me say yes or vote yes on my poll.
doesn't anyone know basically where I am coming from
a) Servers to host the game cost money.
b) Bandwidth costs money.
c) Employees' salaries cost money.
d) Updates to game content cost money.

All these and other running expences require a constant income for the company hosting the game. That's why they won't offer the game without a monthly subscribtion fee. It could work for a game which is a finished product (= no further updates in game content) and for a game that you don't need to host on servers (= offline game).
And I'm sure RO attracts many players because you don't have to buy the game software itself, but only pay for its use. That also makes it widely available for people all around the world.

I don't want RO to become a free game. I enjoy it like it is and I pay for a reliable service and updates.
not really but i am listening
Kinky Kitten

All these and other running expences require a constant income for the company hosting the game. That's why they won't offer the game without a monthly subscribtion fee.
And I'm sure RO attracts many players because you don't have to buy the game software itself, but only pay for its use. That also makes it widely available for people all around the world.

I don't want RO to become a free game. I enjoy it like it is and I pay for a reliable service and updates.
I see what you are saying but many other online games have to deal with small things like that and do it with making players purchase the game or having members items and quests and more item holders for people who subscribe
In order for people to enjoy the games, they need updates. And those cost money. Free online games are not so great because they dont have money to make it better,
i really wish you could just permanently buy it but i suppose they make more money this way...
RO was meant to be a pay to play game even when it was still in testing stages.

Buying it permanently just once would cause the servers to lose money. They're constantly needing to maintain their servers, pay for office space, pay their employees, and then they also need to set aside money to be able to buy the updates from Gravity of Korea.
yea but I remember the days when I was a level 50 for free
chibilord

Nothing in life is free, I'm sorry. confused

It's not that difficult to save up 12 dollars a month to pay.
Dr. Blorp
chibilord

yes only if your in america for me I have to try to find a job when everyone is looking for someonewho is 16, all my classmates stole the good jobs which are around
chibilord
Dr. Blorp
chibilord

yes only if your in america for me I have to try to find a job when everyone is looking for someonewho is 16, all my classmates stole the good jobs which are around

I had to find a job to pay even before that my parents wouldn't pay I had an allowance and had to pay up with my own money.
It's not that hard
Skuld
chibilord
Dr. Blorp
chibilord

I had to find a job to pay even before that my parents wouldn't pay I had an allowance and had to pay up with my own money.
It's not that hard
tis for me cos I get no allowance no job I even have to wash the cars for free which is evil. I can't get a job without breaking the law or lying about my age which I will not do
BOO FREAKING HOO. crying crying crying crying crying crying
Kinky Kitten

All these and other running expences require a constant income for the company hosting the game. That's why they won't offer the game without a monthly subscribtion fee. It could work for a game which is a finished product (= no further updates in game content) and for a game that you don't need to host on servers (= offline game).

She's right, if they were to make it just a game to actually buy instead of downloading they wouldn't attract as many people, what they could do is make it optional to get the actual game to buy to attract more people to play.. But they're probably busy with updates, server space, the ISP problem (recent lagging)... They obviously need money.
And besides, if you remember the days when RO was different (such as there was only 1st class, like swordie, aco, etc.), updates are wonderful! People need more fun to keep playing.
Not to be random but have you guys seen the 3rd classes? (sin cross, stalkers, creators, high priests, paladins, there's more forgot some of the names), idk how to turn into them.. But I have a pretty good idea it's going to involve being job lvl 50 of 2nd job (2 of my guys are so I'm set for that.), or you might have to become super novie, then they might change to 3rd jobs... But the main pt is that it'll be cool if they come out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff