Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Gaian

yum_burger ESO is such an awesome game guys! If you don't have, buy it! Totally worth the pay. yum_burger
yum_puddi If yah do play, what is your class and race? Or even post a picture of your character! yum_puddi

Dangerous Poster

15,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
FOR THE QUEEEEEEN!!!

Dangerous Businessman

7,675 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
iAisu
yum_burger ESO is such an awesome game guys! If you don't have, buy it! Totally worth the pay. yum_burger
yum_puddi If yah do play, what is your class and race? Or even post a picture of your character! yum_puddi

very questionable, depending on what you look for in an mmo.

these may be dated gripes, as I have yet to hear any news of them fixing it but to me, its not worth the price at all.
1. social system is bad. like theres little to no point being in a party etc for most of the game.
2. lack of customization. for a sub model thats not gonna cut it. especially when something like ARR came out with very nice customization from the get-go

As i said, these problems may be already fixed up and long gone but as far as I know, it exists currently. But hey, at least the game looks decent, is huge and quite immersive.

Friend

I have a few gripes with the game, notably that it feels a bit too much like a standard MMO at times, but it's completely forgivable. I love the combat and the quests/stories are interesting for an MMO and, to me, fit in well with the Elder Scrolls lore. I am also glad they kept the first person mode. It gives the game a sense of immersion unlike most MMO games. Though the field of view is a little bit low, but perhaps an update will one day add a slider to change it.

I play an Argonian Dragonknight in the Daggerfall Covenant. It may seem like a strange choice of faction, but I always play an Argonian 2 handed warrior-type in the Elder Scrolls games, and Daggerfall is an area I was most interested to see in a game with modern visuals (since the respective game is pretty dated now). It's neat to see ESO's take on the region.

My husband is always at my back as a Khajit healer, so I feel invincible at times. It's great cool

6,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Clambake 200
I played beta wasn't impressed sadly.... had high hopes for it just like SWtoR but sadly my high hopes are smashed again... making a character was dull. Magic in beta was majorly over powered. Combat was OK at best imo seen better... Sorry i give the game a 5/10 and i dont think the world is enough to make me pay the price tag + a sub. Sorry OP but there are better MMOs out there *points at FFXIV:ARR* heck even FFXI is still better... I think SWtoR is one step below ESO... I mean if ESO changed A LOT since beta then i forgive them for making a crap beta... Once again sorry OP for raining on your post but I don't like when games that are poorly made get away with having a Sub and a tag price that isnt even worth it... Heck i think there are FTP mmos out there that are better Everwinter being one of them and i HATED that game.

But i will say ESO does have great Lore running for it and the races... but thats not enough for me.

In beta I played Summoner/battle mage style >.>
it's bad
doesn't play like an elder scolls game at all, which is what I expected it to play like

s**t character customization, s**t made up lore, and s**t combat

also you can't mod it because MMO

Aged Gaian

Ehhh. This is the reason why I don't start forums. Should've known better...
Well hope this forum dies.
Can't have normal discussions with people who just talk out of their cahoot in which they don't even own the game itself and JUDGED the game during BETA which it does have bugs and that's what BETA is for. No game is perfect and there will never be.
The last update two days ago fixed all problems I was having, the community is helpful in game, and grouping is not useless unless your anti-social.
I appreciate it if anyone else that wishes to make a post, own the game, have at least tried BETA, and not basing their opinion on what everyone else says.
Seriously.

Aged Gaian

Lubu-Senpai
I played beta wasn't impressed sadly.... had high hopes for it just like SWtoR but sadly my high hopes are smashed again... making a character was dull. Magic in beta was majorly over powered. Combat was OK at best imo seen better... Sorry i give the game a 5/10 and i dont think the world is enough to make me pay the price tag + a sub. Sorry OP but there are better MMOs out there *points at FFXIV:ARR* heck even FFXI is still better... I think SWtoR is one step below ESO... I mean if ESO changed A LOT since beta then i forgive them for making a crap beta... Once again sorry OP for raining on your post but I don't like when games that are poorly made get away with having a Sub and a tag price that isnt even worth it... Heck i think there are FTP mmos out there that are better Everwinter being one of them and i HATED that game.

But i will say ESO does have great Lore running for it and the races... but thats not enough for me.

If you were truly sorry for raining in my post you wouldn't say anything. This forum was obviously meant for people who like ESO. So rude.

Blessed Poster

iAisu
even own the game itself and JUDGED the game during BETA which it does have bugs and that's what BETA is for. No game is perfect and there will never be.

So tired of hearing this line.

You can easily judge the game during beta the core gameplay is there and if you don't like that then it doesn't matter if its buggy or not.

Quote:
The last update two days ago fixed all problems I was having, the community is helpful in game, and grouping is not useless unless your anti-social.
I appreciate it if anyone else that wishes to make a post, own the game, have at least tried BETA, and not basing their opinion on what everyone else says.
Seriously.

The last update still has yet to fix the biggest issues the game is having like raid groups, banks, guild lag, etc

6,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Clambake 200
iAisu
Lubu-Senpai

If you were truly sorry for raining in my post you wouldn't say anything. This forum was obviously meant for people who like ESO. So rude.

You asked what class I played an I told you but i just added an opinion to it

Eloquent Lunatic

10,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
iAisu
When the publisher spits in your face with ridiculous paywalls and obsolete subscription schemes, no, it's definitely not worth the pay.

Especially for something that's essentially a multiplayer downgrade of Skyrim.

Eloquent Lunatic

10,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
iAisu
Ehhh. This is the reason why I don't start forums. Should've known better...
Well hope this forum dies.
Can't have normal discussions with people who just talk out of their cahoot in which they don't even own the game itself and JUDGED the game during BETA which it does have bugs and that's what BETA is for. No game is perfect and there will never be.
Seriously.
Here's the thing: Beta testing is the final stage of testing, meaning that the core gameplay and UI has already been established and will not likely change in the near future.

I've tried the beta. Was severely underwhelmed.

Also, since you're apparently new to this sort of thing, this is a *Thread*, which is part of a *Forum*. And in forums, people have opinions towards certain topics; if you can't handle people sharing their opinions, perhaps you shouldn't be on the forum in the first place.

Blessed Poster

Valiant Corvus
Here's the thing: Beta testing is the final stage of testing, meaning that the core gameplay and UI has already been established and will not likely change in the near future.

True about the core gameplay but the UI can be easily changed.

Eloquent Lunatic

10,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
m00tz
Valiant Corvus

True about the core gameplay but the UI can be easily changed.
Well that depends on the game.

In some cases yes that's easily changed, but it all depends on what they used to design the UI (Like "certain" games that decided it was a good idea to make it in flash)

Aged Gaian

You all can rant somewhere else. This forum is for people who enjoy ESO. Please take your complaining and whining elsewhere. It's not welcomed here.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff