Dapper Businessman

8,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100
Requimortis

Fun for people who read This
TotalSkellington

For a moment I assumed this was a joke article. But, something said in it further supports my reasoning that there is no reason we can't have Pandaren warlocks. If those of the Wandering Isle are exposed to the world beyond their homeland, then surely one or two must've come across a way to practice fel magic. I'm glad I'll inevitably race change my mage into a Pandaren because with the bits of information revealed here, I have the perfect setup in mind. What about you?

Fluffy Bunny

8,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
I personally will make a Pandorean just to see what they are like, just like I did with Worgen and Goblin. I still play my goblin (she's cute).

Last night, after getting my scroll from my sister, I transfered and faction changed my fave character. She's a Nelf Rogue. I had moved her to my Horde server (I don't mix Horde and Alliance on the same server) to be in my husbands guild since they were in need of a seasoned rogue. I really didn't like to play her as a Belf. Septre Bleu was not the same as a Red Haired, Pale Skined elf.

Hubby is going to be a bit disappointed I changed her back, and put her on a PvP server (to play with my sister), but oh well. I'm much happier now.

And even though it's a PvP server, I still RP. Septre has always been an RP character, which is why it took me FOREVER to get her to 85, lol.

She is on Azgalor, now. So if you wanna do some RP on a PvP server because you can, hop on and add Septre to your friends list. smile

Dapper Businessman

8,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100
Requimortis

Just wondering...

Where do you stand on the whole bias/favoritism thing?

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Requimortis
TotalSkellington

For a moment I assumed this was a joke article. But, something said in it further supports my reasoning that there is no reason we can't have Pandaren warlocks. If those of the Wandering Isle are exposed to the world beyond their homeland, then surely one or two must've come across a way to practice fel magic. I'm glad I'll inevitably race change my mage into a Pandaren because with the bits of information revealed here, I have the perfect setup in mind. What about you?

Because a person from a Race what severed ties with the rest of the world for 10,000 years because of what Fel Magic did to another race.

is going to want to practice Fel magic.

Dapper Businessman

8,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100
Comrade Texada Wolf

Good logic. You sir deserve a tip.
Comrade Texada Wolf

No one was practicing fel magic at the time. The Highborne brought the Burning Legion to Azeroth through their brazen, blatant abuse of magic lead by their queen, Azshara. The Pandaren sealed themselves away to avoid destruction. As it turns out, Liu Lang was not content with that decision and set out for the world upon the back of the turtle now know as the "Wandering Isle". Every new Pandaren created starts there and it is also the birthplace of Chen Stormstout. Much like the Orcs who were at one point greatly corrupted by the demons, there is no reason the Pandaren can not use the devastating demonic magics to their benefit. Do you have any other arguments I might poke holes in? Or are you content with letting this one sink alone?

Dapper Businessman

8,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100
Requimortis

Quite possibly the fact that Pandaren, by nature, are against Warlocks and Fel Magic. Their culture resembles the Kaldorei, in society. It also resembles the shamanistic nature of the Tribal races of the Horde, as well.

I don't think either the Kaldorei (Modern), nor the Shamanistic races of the Horde... Much support Fel Magicks.

Fluffy Bunny

8,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Requimortis

No one was practicing fel magic at the time. The Highborne brought the Burning Legion to Azeroth through their brazen, blatant abuse of magic lead by their queen, Azshara. The Pandaren sealed themselves away to avoid destruction. As it turns out, Liu Lang was not content with that decision and set out for the world upon the back of the turtle now know as the "Wandering Isle". Every new Pandaren created starts there and it is also the birthplace of Chen Stormstout. Much like the Orcs who were at one point greatly corrupted by the demons, there is no reason the Pandaren can not use the devastating demonic magics to their benefit. Do you have any other arguments I might poke holes in? Or are you content with letting this one sink alone?

Just to quote my dad, loosely (cause he said something similar about movies and stuff), "They aren't doing it because it's not how the story was written." (Daddy said "Cause it's not in the script" but same diff.)

Yes. A lame argument. But I felt the need to say it anyway. Hehe.

-Yasha Alchemist's Husbando

Hopeless Trash

Omoide no machi wa
Maboroshi yori mo tooi yo

I'll most likely only roll a Pandaren to see their starting area and quests... because I personally wouldn't want to play as a fat furry. Not intending to offend anyone with that, it's just how I feel.

Mou wasurete
Ano koro
TotalSkellington

Nowhere in lore does it state that the Pandaren are explicitly against fel magic. At least, if there is, I have yet to see it. The only "shamanistic" race of the Horde that seems to be against warlocks, are the Tauren. The other races are capable of being one, though I am aware they're not exactly welcomed with open arms.

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Requimortis
Comrade Texada Wolf

The abuse of magic caused the Burning Legion to notice Azeroth,

The Burning Legion practised Fel magic (is where it is from after all) what corrupted Xavius, whom then Corrupted Azshara (and the Highborne) whom went about and cause the Great Sundering.

One would assume the Pandaren Empire forever being best of friends with the Highborne would of had some sort of Connections within the Kaldorei Empire to tell them that it was not just them overdoing it with the magic.
Comrade Texada Wolf

I've read nothing that mentioned the Pandaren having ties with the Highborne. I'm not trying to offend you but either your post was meant to be sarcastic or you're not well versed with World of Warcraft's lore.

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Requimortis
Comrade Texada Wolf

I've read nothing that mentioned the Pandaren having ties with the Highborne. I'm not trying to offend you but either your post was meant to be sarcastic or you're not well versed with World of Warcraft's lore.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/pandaren/
Comrade Texada Wolf

Read it from start to finish and nothing in there mentions the Highborne.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff