Welcome to Gaia! ::

So I just downloaded rift [many people say it's similar to wow and I've honestly wanted to try it out] and well I think i'm lvl 6 now and...sure it's still early but so far all i've been doing is rapidly pressing the 1 button and standing still until my target dies o-o this game does get better right? if not...i don't see how anyone would be willing to spend money on this game.

Distinct Tycoon

Angelic Clover
So I just downloaded rift [many people say it's similar to wow and I've honestly wanted to try it out] and well I think i'm lvl 6 now and...sure it's still early but so far all i've been doing is rapidly pressing the 1 button and standing still until my target dies o-o this game does get better right? if not...i don't see how anyone would be willing to spend money on this game.

Like (most) games, it's sorta boring in the beginning, but later on it progresses pretty good.

If you don't like that style of game to begin with though: It's probably not going to be for you.

Other games I would consider that style: Everquest, WoW, Final Fantasy XIVARR, pretty any mmorpg.

But by far, especially for what it offers, it is the best free to play mmorpg out there. Mainly because you have access to (ALL) content for free, besides the expansion souls, which you can still get for free by using your plat to get REX.

If you enjoy the typical style of mmorpg's this one is definitely worth sticking with until you get to a higher level to actually experience it.

Distinct Tycoon

Geistly
No. People who play and "enjoy" that game are just deluding themselves. It is awful and boring.

I legitimately want to know what you find fun to play. You hate everything it seems, but I'm sure there's something you put up with.

Distinct Tycoon

Geistly
The Greene

"everything"? Considering people around here tend to discuss the same games over and over again, I think you are exaggerating a bit much. That said, I do not mind answering your question but I first need to know if you are referring to specifically MMOs or just games in general.

Games in general I suppose! ^_^

And yeah... things around here to tend to loop. That's why I usually avoid it.

Distinct Tycoon

Geistly
The Greene

I have zero interest in this site but it is the only way to get my "social" fix. Anyway, I like too many games to bother listing them but thanks for inquiring.

You tease.

Dedicated Tactician

Well, I won't speak to the OPs taste in overall games, as I don't know them.

Rift though, it had promise. Promise it failed to live up to, unfortunately.

Doesn'tmatterthough

I have a Hellbug mount, and that is all that matters.

Aged Noob

550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100
Angelic Clover

The dungeons and raids are pretty damn fun in the game. People have to do mechanics to complete every little thing.

Didn't interrupt the spell the boss just used to heal to 100% hp? Wipe.

Didn't move closer to the other person you're chained to? You're both dead.

Stood in purple too long? Stood in red too long? Stood in green too long? Did you move out of the green? Did you move out of the red? Did you move out of the purple? Depending on the situation you should have been in or out of the certain color and it varies based on the encounter. Some times standing in the red is good, sometimes it's bad and same for all of the colors.

This is one of the more active raid boss fights in the games:

If you stand in front of a platform that is already there it will disappear when you get knocked back and you fall to your death.

If you don't start running clockwise when the boss starts doing his 360 rotation breath you'll get hit by it and get knocked off the platform.

If you're not on one of the very edge platforms when there's a bubble in the middle you will get one shot.

If you don't run from the lasers chasing you then you will die. And try not to drag those lasers over other people.

If you don't move closer to the person you're chained to then that chain between you will act like a hack-saw and kill people you run through.

If you don't jump at the right time while standing on the last area of the platform remaining then you will get one shot by the laser. When you jump at the right moment it will be like jumping on a trampoline and you will go way high. Then immediately when you land after doing it the fourth time you need to strafe left or right to miss the laser or die.

If more than a few people die you will not be able to kill the boss before the enrage timer and it's a wipe. At 10% the boss will enrage and you have 20 seconds to kill him or it's an automatic wipe and everyone dies.

Dedicated Tactician

kenjitamura

Hey look, an active boss with the same mechanics I've seen dozens of times.

Cept these are far more avoidable, and easier to deal with.

I'd hate to see a boss less active.

Aged Noob

550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100
Bliss-filled Oblivion

Please take your ego inflating thread de-rails elsewhere. The OP wanted to hear from people that have played the game if it gets better than
Angelic Clover
so far all i've been doing is rapidly pressing the 1 button and standing still until my target dies

And I replied earnestly with specific details like a HELPFUL person.

You've simply posted comments that s**t on the game with zero supportive arguments.

Dedicated Tactician

kenjitamura
Bliss-filled Oblivion

Please take your ego inflating thread de-rails elsewhere. The OP wanted to hear from people that have played the game if it gets better than
Angelic Clover
so far all i've been doing is rapidly pressing the 1 button and standing still until my target dies

You've simply posted comments that s**t on the game with zero supportive arguments.

Replying that the end-game is fun is pointless though. He's caught up in the leveling process of Rift.

THAT is not fun.

Aged Noob

550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100
Bliss-filled Oblivion
kenjitamura
Bliss-filled Oblivion

Angelic Clover

Replying that the end-game is fun is pointless though. He's caught up in the leveling process of Rift.

THAT is not fun.

Well yeah.. I can agree with that. Levelling in Rift does suck if you're sick of the regular quest line experience most MMO's push. I'd suggest levelling through PvP maybe for other MMO's but PvP in Rift is terrible. Honestly my biggest complaint with Rift is how terrible the PvP is even though if it were a decent experience levelling would go smoother for more people and there'd be more replayable content so people aren't just waiting for new raids and dungeons.

Dedicated Tactician

kenjitamura
Bliss-filled Oblivion
kenjitamura
Bliss-filled Oblivion

Angelic Clover

THAT is not fun.

Well yeah.. I can agree with that. Levelling in Rift does suck if you're sick of the regular quest line experience most MMO's push. I'd suggest levelling through PvP maybe for other MMO's but PvP in Rift is terrible. Honestly my biggest complaint with Rift is how terrible the PvP is even though if it were a decent experience levelling would go smoother for more people and there'd be more replayable content so people aren't just waiting for new raids and dungeons.

Aye, the worst of that game is by far the pvp. If it was more fun, I am sure the leveling process would be far less excruciating. > <

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff