Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have no idea why I made this topic, I just want to express how much I love ragnarok online's graphical style, it makes me feel warm inside and gives me a dose of nostalgia.. (even tho I've played RO for just a little time, I used to play the 1-week free trial like 4 times, then I played a lil bit on a private server and then I found out about valkyrie (just a little time ago), but due to lots of stuff I haven't played it much. (I wish I would've known that official RO had been free for SO long : / )

Although, I do have some questions:
Should I play Valkyrie or should I wait until all servers go free?
Which server should I start playing in when all go free?
Where can I find quests to do? Because it seems to me there aren't that much quests in RO..
Is RO going to be shut down after RO2 is relased? Because RO2 seems srsly boring to me, and awfully similar to generic 3D anime mmorpgs like flyff, asdastory, fiesta online etc.. : | it's just not good ol' Ragnarok anymore.. and it doesn't give off the same good feeling either.
And anyone who plays, or plans to play in the official RO servers and is willing to accept my friend request could leave me a message xD
bumpage exclaim
I would appreciate answers to the questions I asked smile

3,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
NekoRobin
I have no idea why I made this topic, I just want to express how much I love ragnarok online's graphical style, it makes me feel warm inside and gives me a dose of nostalgia.. (even tho I've played RO for just a little time, I used to play the 1-week free trial like 4 times, then I played a lil bit on a private server and then I found out about valkyrie (just a little time ago), but due to lots of stuff I haven't played it much. (I wish I would've known that official RO had been free for SO long : / )

Although, I do have some questions:
Should I play Valkyrie or should I wait until all servers go free?
Which server should I start playing in when all go free?
Where can I find quests to do? Because it seems to me there aren't that much quests in RO..
Is RO going to be shut down after RO2 is relased? Because RO2 seems srsly boring to me, and awfully similar to generic 3D anime mmorpgs like flyff, asdastory, fiesta online etc.. : | it's just not good ol' Ragnarok anymore.. and it doesn't give off the same good feeling either.
And anyone who plays, or plans to play in the official RO servers and is willing to accept my friend request could leave me a message xD

Heyy. smile
Since no one is gonna reply, I guess I will. ^u^

Anyways, I believe you should play Valkyrie. Although you're gonna have to put up with spam bots, that'll be the best way to play. Unless there is an announcement that RO will be free to play on all servers, I suggest not waiting. Also, if your really not too keen on playing with bots and spam bots then another alternative is to play private servers. I don't really recommend that unless you really have to because there isn't that satisfaction of getting to x level or x point on your main character.

As for quests, I believe that there was a place implemented to give repeatable quests to make leveling a bit easier. The npc that gets you there is named "Eden Group Teleporter" (please correct me if I'm wrong. o3o). I would be willing to go back to RO, only there really isn't anyone to talk to unless you drag your friends into it. neutral
I've found people to talk with in RO valkyrie o.o.. and I think it was oficially announced that all servers are going free..

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
It has been announced that all servers will be going F2P sometime in...I think March? However, Ymir and Yggdrasil will be semi-free; you'll have to pay a one-time fee to make characters on those servers. This is to keep the bots out of those servers. If I were you, I'd go ahead and pay for a sub on Ymir/Yggdrasil so you can 1) enjoy premium rates for a while and 2) not have to worry about spambots and gold sellers later.
'kay, I guess I'll do just that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces