Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's been over a year since the last time I started playing Ragnarok (last time i played it, the Valkyrie server was just launched), but I just downloaded it again today and I now have Ragnarok, Valkyrie and Ragnarok Renewal.

What is Ragnarok Renewal and how is it different from the regular Ragnarok? O_o

Lightbringer

A number of changes were made, notably including changes to how gameplay mechanics work. How stats work, cast times, monster locations and difficulty, EXP gain, it all changed. It was more or less in preparation for the release of 3rd jobs, and since Gravity felt RO was in dire need of some changes.
Takarashi
A number of changes were made, notably including changes to how gameplay mechanics work. How stats work, cast times, monster locations and difficulty, EXP gain, it all changed. It was more or less in preparation for the release of 3rd jobs, and since Gravity felt RO was in dire need of some changes.
o-o well if they had to make changes to Ragnarok, then why did they make an extra client instead of updating the original game?

Lightbringer

Oh, Valkyrie is the free to play client, while the regular RO client is for the normal pay to play servers. Sorry, I was half asleep when I read your post originally.
Takarashi
Oh, Valkyrie is the free to play client, while the regular RO client is for the normal pay to play servers. Sorry, I was half asleep when I read your post originally.
I know what the Valkyrie client/server is, i had been playing it ever since it first came out. I was just originally wondering why there is a seperate client for Renewal instead of just updating the regular Ragnarok

Lightbringer

I don't know the exact reasoning behind it but I think it originally had something to do with a testing aspect, where they used another one. I don't understand it myself really.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff