Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angelic Clover
i'm having the hardest time leveling up atm o-o

It's quite normal: the exp rates are REALLY low, grinding is an absolute pain and good sodding luck partying up to make that easier, instances only get harder and harder if you do.
It's almost like the game doesn't want you to progress.
Transparent Blue
Angelic Clover
i'm having the hardest time leveling up atm o-o

It's quite normal: the exp rates are REALLY low, grinding is an absolute pain and good sodding luck partying up to make that easier, instances only get harder and harder if you do.
It's almost like the game doesn't want you to progress.
i'm on the main quest telling me to kill that 3 headed dragon thing again, it's at lvl 19 and well...i just hit 10 so i must be doing soemthing wrong

Shy Member

Angelic Clover
i'm on the main quest telling me to kill that 3 headed dragon thing again, it's at lvl 19 and well...i just hit 10 so i must be doing soemthing wrong

You're not doing anything wrong, it's probably going to be like that the whole game. I'm lvl 23 and the dungeon I'm stuck on you have to fight lvl 40 bosses one after the other... I just gave up after the 4 boss (which is actually the three headed dragon again lol.)

I really just want to progress in the game to see what happens, but at this rate I can't do that without spending probably at least a week leveling up...
I don't understand why people gripe about grinding. It's a part of most, if not all, MMOs. Do they expect to defeat 10 monsters and gain 2-3 levels in that time?

To me, that shows a complete lack of patience and discipline.
Hito the Exiled
I don't understand why people gripe about grinding. It's a part of most, if not all, MMOs. Do they expect to defeat 10 monsters and gain 2-3 levels in that time?

well to be honest i the more recent mmo, killing mobs hardly give any exp, instead you've got to do every quest out there, personally i preffer staying in one place and kill monsters over running all over the map for quests
yahoo_san
Angelic Clover

You're not doing anything wrong, it's probably going to be like that the whole game. I'm lvl 23 and the dungeon I'm stuck on you have to fight lvl 40 bosses one after the other... I just gave up after the 4 boss (which is actually the three headed dragon again lol.)

I really just want to progress in the game to see what happens, but at this rate I can't do that without spending probably at least a week leveling up...
o-o i'm stuck at lvl 11, feel as if i should be grinding that durama with the pipe thing, but it still feels so slow, forums recommend underground...but i have no clue where that is
Hito the Exiled

To me, it shows you have no bloody clue of what a reasonable exp curve / ratio should be like.

Nobody expects to get levels thrown at them like they're candy, but the game actively works against you in your efforts to level up. The exp ratio is way too low to be acceptable and the enemies way too hard for you to have an actual chance (and the less we say about the horrible hit detection, the better) to take them down, ESPECIALLY when in a party, which is insane.

You're supposed to party up to have an easier time, not to call down the unholy wrath on God upon you and your teammates.
Transparent Blue
Hito the Exiled

To me, it shows you have no bloody clue of what a reasonable exp curve / ratio should be like.

Nobody expects to get levels thrown at them like they're candy, but the game actively works against you in your efforts to level up. The exp ratio is way too low to be acceptable and the enemies way too hard for you to have an actual chance (and the less we say about the horrible hit detection, the better) to take them down, ESPECIALLY when in a party, which is insane.

You're supposed to party up to have an easier time, not to call down the unholy wrath on God upon you and your teammates.

Right there it sounds like you're saying "Oh I have to WORK to level up".

If you don't like how it is, then don't play it, plain and simple. I don't have a problem leveling up. Maybe your hit detection is off because the sensitivity of your mouse is off, and I call bull on the enemies being way too hard. I'm already doing hard dungeon runs when I'm only at level 5. I've dealt with much harder dungeon runs than this. Not to mention I don't see other players having a hard time with this game.
Friend made me download and try it out. It feels dated. Everything about how the game works just feels awkward. The characters are extremely stiff in their animations and the environment feels very rigid. Even in the open world area, there are invisible walls everywhere and you can only traverse the area through what feels like set corridors.

The hitboxes are awkward to say the least. A third of the time, I can't even tell what I'm being hit by.

I'll give it props for having the interesting weapon switching mechanic. The fact that you can have four weapons equipped at once allows for a lot of character versatility, so that's pretty cool, I guess. I think that's the only thing it has going for it.

I don't really mind the low poly count on the characters or the art direction. I think the characters would look fine the way they are IF the animations weren't so stiff.

I could have seen this game competing with the mmo market back maybe 5 or 6 years ago, but not in 2014 when we're about to have games like Blade&Soul coming out.

That being said, the game does have a cat lady with huge tits that wears almost nothing, so I guess it could be successful.
Hito the Exiled

Right there it sounds like you're saying "Oh I have to WORK to level up".

If you don't like how it is, then don't play it, plain and simple. I don't have a problem leveling up. Maybe your hit detection is off because the sensitivity of your mouse is off, and I call bull on the enemies being way too hard. I'm already doing hard dungeon runs when I'm only at level 5. I've dealt with much harder dungeon runs than this. Not to mention I don't see other players having a hard time with this game.

... Which is a lie, as exemplified by countless posts on the game's forums and even this one.

Also, kudos to Neon: I didn't mention the extremely poor animations, namely the transitions between them, feeling very awkward and "snappy" (i.e. changing from one state to the other near instantaneously).
The weapon switching mechanic is neat, but done so much better in other, better games (like PSO2, for instance).

Shy Member

Angelic Clover
yahoo_san
Angelic Clover

o-o i'm stuck at lvl 11, feel as if i should be grinding that durama with the pipe thing, but it still feels so slow, forums recommend underground...but i have no clue where that is

The underground caverns is in Oosumi Plains North, you get there from Kumaso Village.
There four dungeons in there, but I forgot which is the best for grinding.
yahoo_san
Angelic Clover
yahoo_san
Angelic Clover

The underground caverns is in Oosumi Plains North, you get there from Kumaso Village.
There four dungeons in there, but I forgot which is the best for grinding.
hmmm guess it's still lock for me

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces