Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which Void abomination is your favorite?

Cho'Gath, the Terror of the Void 0.13855421686747 13.9% [ 184 ]
Kassadin, the Void Walker 0.079819277108434 8.0% [ 106 ]
Kog'Maw, the Mouth of the Abyss 0.19879518072289 19.9% [ 264 ]
Kha'Zix, the Voidreaver 0.17846385542169 17.8% [ 237 ]
Malzahar, the Prophet of the Void 0.17168674698795 17.2% [ 228 ]
Vel'Koz, the Eye of the Void 0.23268072289157 23.3% [ 309 ]
Total Votes:[ 1328 ]

Evante's Waifu

Healer

11,000 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Team Jacob 100
Avun Shidino

Nunu's only good when paired with a champ like Kog'Maw, Sivir, or Vayne. Nunu + Kog is probably one of the best bot lanes next to Janna + Kog, Alistar + Vayne, Janna + Graves. }

The reason? Nunu can practically give Kog a free phantom dancer with Bloodlust.

I was paired up with a trist but I guess I can see you're point being proven :3 I won all my normal games with nunu cause my partner was a kog.

Romantic Pyromaniac

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Overstocked 200
  • Object of Affection 150
xlX izzykitty Xlx
Avun Shidino

Nunu's only good when paired with a champ like Kog'Maw, Sivir, or Vayne. Nunu + Kog is probably one of the best bot lanes next to Janna + Kog, Alistar + Vayne, Janna + Graves. }

I was paired up with a trist but I guess I can see you're point being proven :3 I won all my normal games with nunu cause my partner was a kog.
nunu is awsome

Man-Hungry Fairy

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Full closet 200
I've been duo queueing with my friend Tsavich (whom some of you have played with ;3 ) and we run Nunu(me) and Ashe bot. So far of the 5 games we've played we haven't lost. :3

I just think Nunu is amazing in any lane, to be honest. He can jungle, he can solo top, he can support bot. He can probably mid too but I feel like he would need a jungler for that to do well.

Romantic Pyromaniac

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Overstocked 200
Ezelus
I've been duo queueing with my friend Tsavich (whom some of you have played with ;3 ) and we run Nunu(me) and Ashe bot. So far of the 5 games we've played we haven't lost. :3

I just think Nunu is amazing in any lane, to be honest. He can jungle, he can solo top, he can support bot. He can probably mid too but I feel like he would need a jungler for that to do well.
nunu plays good out of all my games with him i lost 3out 20 do to the team
TheAnneh
Contagious Cure
Kyoto Tushoni
My jungle Sion is VERY powerful....I just got called a failure of ganker because Heimer fricken fed.

Ganking implies that you're not dead when I get there, and that you can actually bring something to the table when I go to gank...

Please, don't play heimer people, unless you know how to stun with his grenades.
Blaming the jungler is just bad play. If you can't hold your lane without jungle assistance, it means you're a fail laner. Ganks are simply a bonus/luxury. Being ganked by the enemy jungler is also a part of being a fail laner. The only time I'd really call anyone a bad jungler is when they lose control of their own jungle (i.e. mega counter-jungled). If you don't know how to counter your own jungle being invaded, that's when you know you're a bad jungler.

The best/most skilled game I had was also the most boring. Every lane (both my side and the opposing side) warded extremely well so jungle ganks from both sides failed. Our jungle stole their buffs, their jungle stole our buffs. No one died until we forced a fight near dragon.

As a jungler and a laner, I both agree and disagree with you.

Let me give you a scenario: 1v2 top lane. The jungler better be ganking top often in this case, because it is very hard to keep a lane 1v2. It is up to both the jungler and the laner to keep this lane won, because the jungler jungling is what put the lane at a disadvantage. That being said, the jungler isn't bad if he can't keep the lane from failing, and he shouldn't stay away from jungling just because the enemy team doesn't have a jungler. It just means that he needs to put more focus on the top lane.

I agree with you that losing a lane is not a sign of a bad jungler. Anyone who thinks that is just trying to make excuses for bad play. But loosing a lane doesn't necessarily mean you are a bad laner either. There are many cases in which it does, mind you, but not always. Falling prey to an enemy jungle gank as your ward goes down sucks, and it doesn't help when all of your teemmates start yelling at you for being a shitty player. The best junglers I know, and coincidentally the ones I play with most often, are usually aware of enemy junglers actions enough to predict ganks and help their teammates.

I guess what I am trying to say is that yes, you are responsible for your lane! But it is also the jungler's responsibility to assist lanes that need help. If, as a jungler, you can't handle that, you should lane and not jungle. Because going in with the attitude that GANKING IS A PRIVILEGE NOT A RIGHT is a tad pretentious and helps no one.

That being said, you shouldn't think the jungler is bad because he can't save you. If you're a shitty player, a the best of junglers won't be able to save your lane for you. He has two other lanes to pay attention to. :/
I've never seen a 1v2 top lane, not in ranked anyway. It's generally bad because there are a lot of champs that can handle 1v2 quite easily, especially if they are ranged or have ranged abilities and also because about level 3 onwards they will outlevel their opposing champs who have to share exp. With a level advantage it becomes even more easy to handle being out-numbered.

The jungler will also level faster than usual junglers even if they neglect ganking as they now have 2 blue buffs and 2 red buffs. Most likely giving red to the top lane and giving blue to the mid lane while still having both red and blue himself.
xlX izzykitty Xlx
Avun Shidino

Nunu is also a beast of a counter jungler. That consume/smite steal and then you can't catch him because of slow and blood boil.

Girl-Crazy Raider

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Brandisher 100
Contagious Cure
TheAnneh
Contagious Cure
Kyoto Tushoni
My jungle Sion is VERY powerful....I just got called a failure of ganker because Heimer fricken fed.

Ganking implies that you're not dead when I get there, and that you can actually bring something to the table when I go to gank...

Please, don't play heimer people, unless you know how to stun with his grenades.
Blaming the jungler is just bad play. If you can't hold your lane without jungle assistance, it means you're a fail laner. Ganks are simply a bonus/luxury. Being ganked by the enemy jungler is also a part of being a fail laner. The only time I'd really call anyone a bad jungler is when they lose control of their own jungle (i.e. mega counter-jungled). If you don't know how to counter your own jungle being invaded, that's when you know you're a bad jungler.

The best/most skilled game I had was also the most boring. Every lane (both my side and the opposing side) warded extremely well so jungle ganks from both sides failed. Our jungle stole their buffs, their jungle stole our buffs. No one died until we forced a fight near dragon.

Let me give you a scenario: 1v2 top lane. The jungler better be ganking top often in this case, because it is very hard to keep a lane 1v2. It is up to both the jungler and the laner to keep this lane won, because the jungler jungling is what put the lane at a disadvantage. That being said, the jungler isn't bad if he can't keep the lane from failing, and he shouldn't stay away from jungling just because the enemy team doesn't have a jungler. It just means that he needs to put more focus on the top lane.

I agree with you that losing a lane is not a sign of a bad jungler. Anyone who thinks that is just trying to make excuses for bad play. But loosing a lane doesn't necessarily mean you are a bad laner either. There are many cases in which it does, mind you, but not always. Falling prey to an enemy jungle gank as your ward goes down sucks, and it doesn't help when all of your teemmates start yelling at you for being a shitty player. The best junglers I know, and coincidentally the ones I play with most often, are usually aware of enemy junglers actions enough to predict ganks and help their teammates.

I guess what I am trying to say is that yes, you are responsible for your lane! But it is also the jungler's responsibility to assist lanes that need help. If, as a jungler, you can't handle that, you should lane and not jungle. Because going in with the attitude that GANKING IS A PRIVILEGE NOT A RIGHT is a tad pretentious and helps no one.

That being said, you shouldn't think the jungler is bad because he can't save you. If you're a shitty player, a the best of junglers won't be able to save your lane for you. He has two other lanes to pay attention to. :/
I've never seen a 1v2 top lane, not in ranked anyway. It's generally bad because there are a lot of champs that can handle 1v2 quite easily, especially if they are ranged or have ranged abilities and also because about level 3 onwards they will outlevel their opposing champs who have to share exp. With a level advantage it becomes even more easy to handle being out-numbered.

The jungler will also level faster than usual junglers even if they neglect ganking as they now have 2 blue buffs and 2 red buffs. Most likely giving red to the top lane and giving blue to the mid lane while still having both red and blue himself.

I've seen it happened in ranked. Even if it didn't, I play normal more often. It happens often in normal. It doesn't always happen that way, and many solo-tops aren't good 1v2. It's not like you know ahead of time. You're referring to perfect circumstances which honestly is just not always the case.

Regardless, that was not the main point of my argument. My point still stands.
TheAnneh
Contagious Cure
TheAnneh
Contagious Cure
Kyoto Tushoni

I've seen it happened in ranked. Even if it didn't, I play normal more often. It happens often in normal. It doesn't always happen that way, and many solo-tops aren't good 1v2. It's not like you know ahead of time. You're referring to perfect circumstances which honestly is just not always the case.

Regardless, that was not the main point of my argument. My point still stands.
Well in ranked and draft mode normals you do get to see so it's fairly easy to counter. I dislike blink pick normals simply because it's less skill oriented than the other game modes. Almost all blind picks I've played have been very one-sided one way or the other. It's almost always full of trolls and insta-lockers (they play normals because there's no ban process) and you can get randomly counter-picked which in a lot of cases means GG once the enemy team is revealed. Also I'm still iffy about being able to 1v2 bully top lane at the price of making all the other lanes more vulnerable and essentially giving up your own jungle buffs.

Furthermore if the 1v2 top lane is well coordinated to specifically bully and win top lane (i.e. a duo queue who picked Range/Burst/CC combo), there's still not a lot a jungler can do, unless the top lane champ in combination with the jungler is also a Burst/CC combo (e.g. top lane is Kennen, Jungle is Udyr). Top lane and middle lane often get ganked the most because a jungler makes it a 2v1 fight. But if top isn't doing well to begin with, there's often not that much chance of a top gank being successful if a gank only makes it even. In either case, top lane needs to be doing reasonably well or at least holding their own without jungle assistance.

Dapper Genius

6,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Junior Trader 100
Ezelus

Nunu mid would be pretty tough. I'm pretty sure some people could pull it off but I don't see it working all that well.

Dapper Genius

6,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Junior Trader 100
Contagious Cure

Actually... Ganks aren't a bonus nor a luxury. They're a must in high level play. Outside of that, however, they're also a must when there's a jungler in your team. Ganks can either aid the jungler that's fallen behind for whatever reason, aid the laner who's fallen behind for whatever reason, or simply put the lane at an advantage for the people coordinating the gank.

If you can't hold your lane, it means you either got counter-picked hard or that the other champion is just capable of harassing you better. Aside from that, they could be getting babysat by the enemy jungler or your team probably isn't calling mias. That doesn't mean you're a fail laner.

Myself, I tend to play very defensively and almost always remain near my turret so that my jungler can get ganks in if I'm playing top lane. Not only does it help him but it helps me push my lane back and get some free turret hits, maybe even take a shot at killing their jungler if they cover.

Also, you're not exactly a bad jungler if you lose control of your own jungle. There're many factors that revolve around being a jungler: jungle timers, picking up on the lanes' playstyles, picking up on the enemy jungler's style, and ganking, amongst others. Now, to avoid being a bad jungler, there's just one thing you need to do, and you need to do it well, which is gank, as that's the main purpose of junglers aside from securing buffs and major objectives.

Sentai

15,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Spectator mode killed my iLoL.... stressed
So I have to wait until they fix it, they said should be 24-48 hours to fix it, buuuuut, I usually give it a week. Well at least it happened during finals week, so that is one less distraction around me.
i hattttteeeee solo queue in normal draft and ranked, im actually a great player, but my elo dropped to 1200 after some d/c's on my team and trolls, etc. now im at the elo where: just becoming lvl 30's start doing ranked and dont no the proper roles mad , i'm always positive k/d with decent farm, just get people who arn't too wonderful. trying very hard to get back up to where i was :/ (1300-1400) sometimes 1500. hoping to get some experienced players to play with ;o

Sentai

15,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Ezelus

FOR FRELJORD!

Also, Nunu solo mid goes like this: walk over to enemy blue wraith, eat it. Walk back to mid like a boss. Continue to poke enemy with Iceball and eat minions to sustain. He still has trouble with Ahri though.

Romantic Pyromaniac

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Overstocked 200
i been playing league fora lil over 2 mouth now and all i play is range carry whats a good melee carry i got rp and not now know who to buy

Dangerous Friend

4,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
mr_kiba-kun
i been playing league fora lil over 2 mouth now and all i play is range carry whats a good melee carry i got rp and not now know who to buy

Just gonna ignore the spelling and say, if you still consider yourself a noob, Master yi, If you want something a bit more challenging, Renekton (though he's still pretty easy), Attack Damage Warwick, Jax, Garen (he's more Damage than tank.)
Xin Zhao is easy as s**t.
Wukong is monkey badass.

And those are my recommendations.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out