Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which Void abomination is your favorite?

Cho'Gath, the Terror of the Void 0.13855421686747 13.9% [ 184 ]
Kassadin, the Void Walker 0.079819277108434 8.0% [ 106 ]
Kog'Maw, the Mouth of the Abyss 0.19879518072289 19.9% [ 264 ]
Kha'Zix, the Voidreaver 0.17846385542169 17.8% [ 237 ]
Malzahar, the Prophet of the Void 0.17168674698795 17.2% [ 228 ]
Vel'Koz, the Eye of the Void 0.23268072289157 23.3% [ 309 ]
Total Votes:[ 1328 ]

Super Sweetheart

20,250 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Will of wisps
ZakeraZero
Ezelus
ZakeraZero
Ezelus
Will of wisps
thinking of playing karma, is she any good?

She's an excellent support. However, you can't play her 0cs. She needs farm to do well. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Other than that, she's great. (:

But she's my main support. And I play her as a Duo Bot support with 0CS. DX

It can be done. But she's much better with a bit of farm. ;3

Everyone is better with some farm. =P
But she can clear waves easily when the Carry is away and the enemy is at your turret.
if i use her anchor on an ally does the beam hurt enemies who pass through it? and same if it is anchored to an enemy?

Yes, and any champion that passes through it will receive the movement speed modifier.

Super Sweetheart

20,250 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Forum Regular 100
So I've seen this little thing floating around by Penny Arcade recently, on the Gaia Forums and the League Forums, about online gaming harassment. So I figured, we're all League players in here, we've encountered these people before, we know that the League community is very verbally abusive. Why not spread the word about all the harassment people receive through online gaming.

http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/harassment

So I'll just place this here for anyone who has yet to see this.
Discuss?

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
ZakeraZero
So I've seen this little thing floating around by Penny Arcade recently, on the Gaia Forums and the League Forums, about online gaming harassment. So I figured, we're all League players in here, we've encountered these people before, we know that the League community is very verbally abusive. Why not spread the word about all the harassment people receive through online gaming.

Discuss?

There have actually been a number of videos on Extra Credits I've thought of making a response thread to here on Gaia, in the VGD. This one in particular sparked the strongest thought to do so.

Super Genius

8,600 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
ZakeraZero
Will of wisps
ZakeraZero
Ezelus
ZakeraZero

Everyone is better with some farm. =P
But she can clear waves easily when the Carry is away and the enemy is at your turret.
if i use her anchor on an ally does the beam hurt enemies who pass through it? and same if it is anchored to an enemy?

Yes, and any champion that passes through it will receive the movement speed modifier.

Bear in mind, however, that the enemy you put it on does NOT recieve the damage. Only the movement modifier. Any living thing that moves through the beam takes the damage (if enemy or neutral) and receives the modifier, but whatever you're using as an anchor only gets the haste/slow. This is actually one of the largest complaints about Karma's playability, and one of the only ones that in my opinion holds much weight.

Dangerous Friend

4,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
ZakeraZero

Discuss?

This video was inspiring, and they're totally right, league needs this more than anything, say noob one more time and *beep* chat turns off, all they can do is ping.

they should know when they're being dumbshits and stop. we're trying to play, we're not gonna get a movespeed boost from you spamming your ping, and I've done a lot of things as a player i'm not really proud of out of spite, i've gotten one of my own caught in a 1v5 just because I didn't like them.

Granted this might be taken as oppression or censorship (OMG OPINIONS, MORALFAGS, HURRR DURRR) but people say the stupidest things, it just impacts everyone's experience, knowing your playing with or against someone nasty, and yes, I have dunked a tank just for being a douchebag, I sacrificed a utillity for madreds, just because this dude was pissing me off.

I read the summoner's code recently, and thought back to my matches, It put my stomach in knots, and I was ashamed of the me as a part of the community as a whole, I wouldn't call out names, especially since I willingly pressed that "make an account" button, but people should know when they're being dumbshits.

/rant.

Super Genius

8,600 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
Seph Baelzara
ZakeraZero

Discuss?

There have actually been a number of videos on Extra Credits I've thought of making a response thread to here on Gaia, in the VGD. This one in particular sparked the strongest thought to do so.

Once in a while an Extra Credits video makes me glad I play LoL. This was one of those times, since I can honestly say that some ideas they're throwing out there are being implemented in some form by Riot. In this case, the Tribunal. The only problem is, Riot is waaaaaay too stingy with IP bans for their own good. Their logic is that shared-computer users would suffer for it. Frankly, I don't care. You know that whole social-pressure-discouraging-bad-behavior thing they mentioned? Yeah, if you employ IP bans, suddenly your friend is going to be absolutely ripshit at you if you troll on their computer, since if you get banned on their computer, you've effectively gotten your FRIEND banned, too. And while I'm a bit of a white knight at times, I'm a lot more likely to be a good little gamer if someone I know and like in real life is going to be mildly annoyed at me than if someone I've never met is bawling their eyes out. It's the way people work. Thus, I say IP bans should be a staple of their ban system, instead of a last resort.

Sentai

15,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Man-Hungry Fairy

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Full closet 200
Awesome night. (: Thanks for playing with me guys. biggrin Now for Ponies, then bed!!!

Super Sweetheart

20,250 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Kyoto Tushoni
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22879413

Gaia Online Tourney.

Interesting. Random teams.
I may join.
EDIT: Didn't notice it wasn't THE guild.

Sentai

15,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
ZakeraZero
Kyoto Tushoni

Gaia Online Tourney.

Interesting. Random teams.
I may join.
EDIT: Didn't notice it wasn't THE guild.

Yea. Its not our guild, but it does have more members. Than any of the other 2 main LoL guilds.

Evante's Waifu

Healer

11,000 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Team Jacob 100
Kyoto Tushoni

Gaia Online Tourney.

I joined!
:3
but I hope I'm not working or whatever when it starts ;-;

Girl-Crazy Raider

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Brandisher 100
Kyoto Tushoni

Gaia Online Tourney.

I joined! :3 Can't wait.

Girl-Crazy Raider

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Brandisher 100
Ezelus
ZakeraZero
Ezelus
Will of wisps
thinking of playing karma, is she any good?

She's an excellent support. However, you can't play her 0cs. She needs farm to do well. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Other than that, she's great. (:

Gold for 5, gold for 5, gold for 5.
I have a friend who plays Karma and does fine with little farm. As long as he has gold for 5 items, he has no problem.

Tactical Tamer

Kyoto Tushoni

Gaia Online Tourney.
Wait...so you're randomly put on a team with random people. burning_eyes

Man-Hungry Fairy

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Full closet 200
The team comps I'm finding in solo queue are ridiculous. Akali top ( me), Corki mid, AP Yi and AP Teemo bot. Who does our last player choose? Annie top with me.

Does Yi decide to go AD since we now have mostly AP? Nah, he likes AP better.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff