Welcome to Gaia! ::

Biggest Anubutt

I don't get how trades are determined with villagers.

Mainly, I want to collect gold. I want to make a house of gold blocks. Basically I've been mining for it. I know you can get it via pigmen (nuggets to turn into bars to turn into blocks), but even with a trap to defeat them for gold nuggets, I don't feel like doing that.

But can you get gold from villagers? So far the village I have doesn't have any that trade out gold, but is there a some that do?

I actually just found a zombie dungeon, so if it's possible to get gold from trading with villagers, and zombie spawners spawn zombie villagers, then it might be worth it and faster to cure zombie villagers and hope I find a villager to trade with for gold?

Also, do they even change their trades completely. I have two villagers (and a third one just showed up) with identical trades of 20 wheat for an emerald as first trade, an emerald for 9 cookies for second trade, and then a trade of emerald(s) and gravel for flint as last trade. The new one that showed up is same as well. I don't remember having identical trades before, and my village is isolated (though have lost some villagers some how).

Update: Is there cloning villagers? I ask because I know have two librarian villagers...but they both have identical trades with the first trade cleaned out where I can no longer trade them the paper for emerald.

Destitute Poster

11,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Gold's pretty commonplace in the game, just make yourself a strip mine at the appropriate level.

Villagers trade systems are randomized, so there's no promise you'll get one that'll trade you gold.

Biggest Anubutt

Deflesh
Gold's pretty commonplace in the game, just make yourself a strip mine at the appropriate level.

Villagers trade systems are randomized, so there's no promise you'll get one that'll trade you gold.

I know, but wondering if I should use the zombie spawner to my advantage or just tear it down.

GuessI'll slowly but surely continuemining for gold.

Biggest Anubutt

Geistly
Minecraft is not an MMO nor a MOBA.

in the past the admin/mod/whatever has moved my older minecraft thread here so...

Biggest Anubutt

Geistly
Main Page Nitemare Headba

The staff on this site are the most incompetent I have ever seen so that is not surprising in the least.

Agreed. Once was told I was off topic in thread...funny thing is, the admin had a post somewhere else saying that kind of stuff was fine as long as didn't change entire thread's topic. rolleyes

Geared Raider

Everyone should join my server biggrin

Biggest Anubutt

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out