Do you maple?

Yes! 0.63380281690141 63.4% [ 90 ]
No! 0.14084507042254 14.1% [ 20 ]
What is maplestory? 0.042253521126761 4.2% [ 6 ]
Goldddd 0.1830985915493 18.3% [ 26 ]
Total Votes:[ 142 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 59 60 61 > >>

Lightbringer

Kaiser is a well rounded character from what I've experienced, but he doesn't particularly excel at anything. It's kinda weird, but he's also the first of the Nova characters so maybe it's a 'testing the waters' sort of thing. I dunno.

Looking ahead into the future, I'm interested in the Resistance Thief. I really think the Resistance has had the best cast of classes so far, unique in their play styles and still quite strong.

Edit: Also, of that concept art, I like the Mercedes sketch in the top right corner. The bottom right one just looks like someone's wet dream about a secretary cosplaying.

Precious Reindeer

10,750 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
Takarashi

User Image

I laughed a bit too hard at the secretary cosplaying thing. Thank you. XD

Lightbringer

Fidelis Noctua
User Image

I laughed a bit too hard at the secretary cosplaying thing. Thank you. XD
*Bows.*

But yeah. Of the heroes, Mercedes/Phantom got the coolest designs. You can have a lot of fun with regal looking characters. I really would have liked to have seen Mercedes get a proper headdress like in that top right sketch, though. The tiara we got from the hot time way back when just didn't look right (especially for male Mercs, it was clearly geared toward female Merc).

On that note, I really wish Phantom's Raven Persona wasn't a hot time exclusive. I don't wanna make another one because he'd look wrong without the hat.
gonk

Precious Reindeer

10,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
Takarashi

User Image

I agree. Their designs are really pretty. :'D But what makes me sad the most is the hat being a hot time exclusive. I adore that hat to no end and knowing that it was just a Hot Time event makes me sad. If I ever make another Phant he/she won't even have it. ;w;

Lightbringer

Fidelis Noctua
User Image

I agree. Their designs are really pretty. :'D But what makes me sad the most is the hat being a hot time exclusive. I adore that hat to no end and knowing that it was just a Hot Time event makes me sad. If I ever make another Phant he/she won't even have it. ;w;

I'm of the firm belief that if you're going to put in the time and effort to give a character a certain canon appearance, and that having any piece missing is noticeable, then every piece should be obtainable by some means. Even though I've never bought into it, I could respect having the complete ensemble requiring cash to get. But having no means at all besides, literally, a single minute from months ago? That's just whack.

That aside, I was playing with my Phantom today for nostalgia's sake. Like Kaiser I find he's a well rounded character, but having the skill steal ability and having a personal airship accessible from anywhere really makes him great and unique. I only wish they did more with the card deck system. Maybe have it be more like the Pirate's dice skill thing, but gives better buffs depending on how many cards are in the deck upon activation.

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

I agree, making such design staples a hot time item is so depressing. Thankfully, Angelic Buster's hot time hat isn't a part of her design. @__@

Just like... 2.5 more weeks until AB's release. So excited. Going to use so much NX, and working all this last week to afford it~

Beloved Hunter

9,425 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Falling For You 25
  • Noob wrangler 100
heart

I'm going on RiotRyu to play if Chippo comes on in a bit.. he can add me to that cute guild <3

Precious Reindeer

10,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
User Image

Merry Christmas guys! Hope you're enjoying yours. >w< Here's a picture of Phantom as Santa Claus to celebrate today! :'D

User Image

Lightbringer

I feel as though Phantom should be wearing a speedo and Santa hat with the bell instead from the way he's posing.

Lonely Phantom

Takarashi
Kaiser is a well rounded character from what I've experienced, but he doesn't particularly excel at anything. It's kinda weird, but he's also the first of the Nova characters so maybe it's a 'testing the waters' sort of thing. I dunno.

Looking ahead into the future, I'm interested in the Resistance Thief/pirate. I really think the Resistance has had the best cast of classes so far, unique in their play styles and still quite strong.

Edit: Also, of that concept art, I like the Mercedes sketch in the top right corner. The bottom right one just looks like someone's wet dream about a secretary cosplaying.
Fixed, it's a Hybrid. Oh also, wrong on Kaiser. He has the greatest bossing potential. Aside from AB which isn't out. You obviously haven't got to 4th job.

Lightbringer

Mraxus
Fixed, it's a Hybrid. Oh also, wrong on Kaiser. He has the greatest bossing potential. Aside from AB which isn't out. You obviously haven't got to 4th job.
Aye, I haven't bothered reaching fourth job. The class felt too boring for me to want to continue. Kaiser felt like a mishmash of previous classes with little unique aspects.

Lonely Phantom

Takarashi
Mraxus
Aye, I haven't bothered reaching fourth job. The class felt too boring for me to want to continue. Kaiser felt like a mishmash of previous classes with little unique aspects.
Didn't even try the whole class..... 4th is where kaiser shines. What exactly is mishmash???? His attacking is slightly like aran, except better, and he does flash jump. Honestly if you're bored with this new class, than give up. Because all the new ones are gunna be a rehash of something.

Beloved Hunter

9,425 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Falling For You 25
  • Noob wrangler 100
Fidelis Noctua
User Image

Merry Christmas guys! Hope you're enjoying yours. >w< Here's a picture of Phantom as Santa Claus to celebrate today! :'D

User Image

Awe, that is super cute! :3

Merry christmas to you too! smile

Lightbringer

Mraxus
Didn't even try the whole class..... 4th is where kaiser shines. What exactly is mishmash???? His attacking is slightly like aran, except better, and he does flash jump. Honestly if you're bored with this new class, than give up. Because all the new ones are gunna be a rehash of something.
For the mishmash aspects, his primary attacking skill was basically the Demon Slayer's Demon Lash skill, and while the damage is fine, it felt unnecessary because it wasn't restoring Fury, and it really doesn't add much to the Morph Gauge. Considering you had to repeatedly mash the button to get the most out of the skill, it just seemed silly. They could have kept it as a regular multi-hit attack. The combos as you said are basically from Aran, but kept simplistic for the sake of the Morph Gauge. I was indifferent to that since key combos don't work with a joypad, which I play with. I was glad I could at least use the attack skills normally via hotkeys.

Wing Beat is probably the neatest and most useful skill Kaiser has, but I don't particularly like it because it's overpowered right now. A 40-hit attack that you can spam from range that basically stunlocks the enemy? It's silly. I can only imagine how much it must tear bosses apart.

But anyway, it's ultimately my own opinion. As I look at the fourth job skills, I'm not really seeing anything innovative or impressive.

With all that aside, though, one thing I want to say to you in particular: I'm not liking your attitude. I know I'm not the most positive person around, but I don't treat people like they're foolish because they see legitimate problems with classes, nor wanting to put in the effort to hit fourth job just to be further unimpressed. I think you need to lighten up a bit.

Lonely Phantom

Takarashi
Mraxus
For the mishmash aspects, his primary attacking skill was basically the Demon Slayer's Demon Lash skill, and while the damage is fine, it felt unnecessary because it wasn't restoring Fury, and it really doesn't add much to the Morph Gauge. Considering you had to repeatedly mash the button to get the most out of the skill, it just seemed silly. They could have kept it as a regular multi-hit attack. The combos as you said are basically from Aran, but kept simplistic for the sake of the Morph Gauge. I was indifferent to that since key combos don't work with a joypad, which I play with. I was glad I could at least use the attack skills normally via hotkeys.

Wing Beat is probably the neatest and most useful skill Kaiser has, but I don't particularly like it because it's overpowered right now. A 40-hit attack that you can spam from range that basically stunlocks the enemy? It's silly. I can only imagine how much it must tear bosses apart.

But anyway, it's ultimately my own opinion. As I look at the fourth job skills, I'm not really seeing anything innovative or impressive.

With all that aside, though, one thing I want to say to you in particular: I'm not liking your attitude. I know I'm not the most positive person around, but I don't treat people like they're foolish because they see legitimate problems with classes, nor wanting to put in the effort to hit fourth job just to be further unimpressed. I think you need to lighten up a bit.
To each their own. I could really care less if i have a bad attitude. Someone's gotta be real. I was in no way calling you foolish, it's just you say this is a rehash then go one to say how you look forward to an upcoming class, who will no doubt be rehashed of alot. So it gets me that you imply how this is no new big leap and bound, and then imply that New resistance will be sooooooooooooooooooooooo much different. Because they're as you say "Unique". You being one sided bothers me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff