Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Werewolf

Guild Wars 2 is a pay one time for the game and then no subscription. There is a gem store, but its not a pay to win. Everything in there is aesthetics really and gems can be bought with the gold you earn if you really want to get something. You get basically all you need through your story missions or through kills and daily logins.
Matatooki
FFXIV is solid if you're willing to pay up front. Otherwise, SWTOR is a good game...

SWTOR doesn't have good graphics :p.

FFXIV does on the other hand have good graphics, there is a free trial available for the game as well just hop over to FFXIV Lodestone and you can download the client and check it out. There is Heavensward to be released soon and you will be able to make an Au Ra(human/draconic race) as well.

EDIT: You can also download the free trial from Steam as well ^^. I've been playing since beta phase 2 of FFXIV ARR and I will continue supporting the hard working developers of this game. There is no other game out there that pumps out this much content for a paid subscription.

Also as Yoshida-san(the director/producer of FFXIV ARR), "No pay to win-desu!" Spoken from his mouth at the London Fan Fest 2014 ^^.

Invisible Hunter

Lonely Smoker

4,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I am just flat out suggesting Dragon Nest By Nexon.net. (:
Maybe check out the homepage or some videos online to see if if suits your gaming Criteria ^_^

Questionable Creature

Raz the Red Herring
Naya Merai
I think it's funny you don't like crappy graphics but you play Eden Eternal. Aura Kingdom is much better. Although, they're both just basic f2p Aeria mmo's which don't give a crap about outfit glitches.

You should also probably try Elsword. Ignore the site's Grand Chase tab, it shuts down in April cause they'd rather make money on Elsword and ditch GC I guess.

I love Elsword, but I end up playing on a *cough cough cough* server for it.
I'm sorry, I must have a cold or something.

I have to re-get that server link from my friend, always forget to try since I stopped playing the official one

Greedy Consumer

9,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Naya Merai
I think it's funny you don't like crappy graphics but you play Eden Eternal. Aura Kingdom is much better. Although, they're both just basic f2p Aeria mmo's which don't give a crap about outfit glitches.

You should also probably try Elsword. Ignore the site's Grand Chase tab, it shuts down in April cause they'd rather make money on Elsword and ditch GC I guess.

I love Elsword, but I end up playing on a *cough cough cough* server for it.
I'm sorry, I must have a cold or something.

Satisfied Gorilla - x's Partner In Crime

Shadowy Explorer

17,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Marathon 300
Guild wars 2 is fun smile

Questionable Creature

Greedy Consumer

9,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Karianny-chan
Matatooki
FFXIV is solid if you're willing to pay up front. Otherwise, SWTOR is a good game, and the subscription removes annoyances more than anything, but they can also be purchased for in-game credits from the auction house, so if you're the money making type you should be fine. Along the same lines is LOTRO if you're into Lord of the Rings more than Star Wars. That one does have a few pay walls you'll hit though, but not for a long while, especially if you like clearing areas before you move on.

Thanks, but no thanks. I don't like pay to win games.

I wouldn't count these as P2W as much as 'pay for content' which you don't have to worry about unless you actually get to the levels that can use them.
I dunno, I just personally think that's a weee bit different than paying to have an advantage in terms of power.
why didn't you like Tera?

Alien Invader

Black Desert is releasing in the US some time in the next couple months, I think you should look into it. It's incredibly impressive so far.

I'd also recommend FFXIV, it's a pay to play game with a subscription fee though.

Dapper Dabbler

6,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Matatooki
FFXIV is solid if you're willing to pay up front. Otherwise, SWTOR is a good game, and the subscription removes annoyances more than anything, but they can also be purchased for in-game credits from the auction house, so if you're the money making type you should be fine. Along the same lines is LOTRO if you're into Lord of the Rings more than Star Wars. That one does have a few pay walls you'll hit though, but not for a long while, especially if you like clearing areas before you move on.

Thanks, but no thanks. I don't like pay to win games.
You should try runescape its very good and has very good storyline. Its gotten alot better than when I first started back in 06. You could try archeage. I never tried it myself cause you cant play it on a mac =( But it looks very good. Runescape has free to play and pay to play. You level up the member skills up to lvl 5 in free to play now to see how theyre like. One of the new things theyve added in recent years. Add me on runescape I can help you and possibly get you a bond if youre interested in being a member. Bonds are one of the new things added aswell in recent years. You can buy them IRL with money and than sell them in game. They give 2 weeks of member or 2 other things which are hard to explain unless you play. They usualy go for about 5m. But rise to 7m to 8m at end of year. The economy is player driven so it can change at any time. There have been events and a few crisis where people quickly sold their stuff and prices crashed and plummeted. I remember that happening a few times. Kind of good if youre trying to buy something but not good if youre trying to sell something. Like I go bossing and prices for the rare items I get are starting to go down quick. So that means Im going to have to learn to do the harder bosses if I want to continue making money. But anyway its a very good game you should try it. Also you played phantasy star 2? lucky how was it? It hasnt been released in the west yet =(

Dapper Dabbler

6,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
A list of some MMORPGs I enjoyed playing (I've played more, but I didn't enjoy them)
Aion
Tera
Phantasy star 2
Ether Saga (not odyssey)
Eden Eternal
Swordsman
Blade and Soul (played the Chinese version)
Perfect World

Some stuff I would would like to see:
-good character customization
-good graphics
-maybe hack and slash? it doesn't matter though

Things I don't like:
Shooters
Crappy graphics
Pay to win/play

I don't mind grinding or having to travel all over the map.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff