Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rei Ameino's Wife

High-functioning Fox

18,475 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Divine Donator 100
So this week the free rotation has been revealed early, and I found it peculiar Quinn was there as I recall playing her on rotation week not long ago. I decided to look back, and I noticed a LOT of free rotation characters on this page have been repeated, yet there are a TON of champions that have yet to be on rotation! Shouldn't they do an elimination thing where they move onto champions that have not yet been rotated in yet instead?

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
OMG, you are right. I hadn't noticed at all. Glad I just went ahead and bought Kennen instead of waiting until after he was free again. That would have taken forever. Varus was also on the rotation a few weeks ago as well.

But alas, poor Yorick shall not be in the rotation any time soon regardless. I think it has something to do with his abilities. Perhaps he may return to it after his rework. I really want to try him out.

Dangerous Phantom

12,950 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
They go by champions that are typically commonly played and have easy mechanics because free week is basically only for the low level new comers. Plus they want to combine champions who have good synergy with each other so teams can have an organized team type.
Ahh then why Viktor though? I've been playing for years and he's a pain in the butt to play for me. Scared to play ARAM cause I keep getting him out of all the characters I have.

I noticed that though too. I wonder if they just choose randomly. I don't think they really care though. I can see it as a "oh who should be in the free rotation this week?" "Idkkkk maybe Quinn?? Ryze, what did we have a couple weeks ago? Just put anyone on there" type of decision making. Except making sure there's a variety of roles.

1,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I think one of the requirements of free rotation is that a certain amount of the champions have to be in the category of "recommended" ex: Ashe, Sivir, Annie... etc

Rei Ameino's Wife

High-functioning Fox

18,475 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Divine Donator 100
Da Grim Creeper
They go by champions that are typically commonly played and have easy mechanics because free week is basically only for the low level new comers. Plus they want to combine champions who have good synergy with each other so teams can have an organized team type.
I can agree that that is a good philosophy, but how can people try out the more complicated champions to see if they like them if they never get the chance?
Yulen Xoshxius
Da Grim Creeper
I can agree that that is a good philosophy, but how can people try out the more complicated champions to see if they like them if they never get the chance?

everyone gets through to be in the free to play week eventually
honestly i like the way they go about it
plus you can always buy anyone with ip eventually.

Rei Ameino's Wife

High-functioning Fox

18,475 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Divine Donator 100
Seasick Hearts
Yulen Xoshxius
Da Grim Creeper

But how do they know they won't waste IP? And I wouldn't mind the first part if there were not characters who got rotated in twice before another got in once.
Yulen Xoshxius
Seasick Hearts
Yulen Xoshxius
Da Grim Creeper

But how do they know they won't waste IP? And I wouldn't mind the first part if there were not characters who got rotated in twice before another got in once.

i cant see how youd waste ip because
1. you pay nothing for ip
2. ip unlocks the champion permanently
and 3. even if you think its a mistake purchase, you have 3 useable refunds for purchases.

Rei Ameino's Wife

High-functioning Fox

18,475 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Divine Donator 100
Seasick Hearts
Yulen Xoshxius
Seasick Hearts
Yulen Xoshxius
Da Grim Creeper

i cant see how youd waste ip because
1. you pay nothing for ip
2. ip unlocks the champion permanently
and 3. even if you think its a mistake purchase, you have 3 useable refunds for purchases.
Because it costs time to earn ip, and that is about as much as money. And in addition, you can get a champion you may never use, or do not like using, and get stuck with them in ARAM or something.
You get 3 refunds, but only 3, it is wiser to save them for real mistakes.

Hilarious Vampire

7,150 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Yulen Xoshxius
So this week the free rotation has been revealed early, and I found it peculiar Quinn was there as I recall playing her on rotation week not long ago. I decided to look back, and I noticed a LOT of free rotation characters on this page have been repeated, yet there are a TON of champions that have yet to be on rotation! Shouldn't they do an elimination thing where they move onto champions that have not yet been rotated in yet instead?

That floating ball on your avi reminds me of Ahri.

Rei Ameino's Wife

High-functioning Fox

18,475 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Divine Donator 100
Kumoxi
Yulen Xoshxius

I still want to try her out, I think I will like her gameplay with the luring of players and her true damage on her ball returning, but I want to make sure first.

Hilarious Vampire

7,150 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Yulen Xoshxius
Kumoxi
Yulen Xoshxius

I still want to try her out, I think I will like her gameplay with the luring of players and her true damage on her ball returning, but I want to make sure first.

She's my main, I have popstar and firefox Ahri. She's a hawty. And she's OP. :3 If you hit your charm you can count the other mid laner dead, and your Q at full level will cut an ADC's HP in half without even using charm. She only costs 4800 now, so go ahead and buy her and try her out. You definitely won't regret it.

Rei Ameino's Wife

High-functioning Fox

18,475 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Divine Donator 100
Kumoxi
Yulen Xoshxius
Kumoxi
Yulen Xoshxius

She's my main, I have popstar and firefox Ahri. She's a hawty. And she's OP. :3 If you hit your charm you can count the other mid laner dead, and your Q at full level will cut an ADC's HP in half without even using charm. She only costs 4800 now, so go ahead and buy her and try her out. You definitely won't regret it.
Am waiting until Tuesday before I do any purchases as well. I heard that some champions drop in price once the season changes. XD Also I did by my main syndra without even playing her, I just looked her up a lot and was confident I would enjoy it.

Hilarious Vampire

7,150 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Yulen Xoshxius
Kumoxi
Yulen Xoshxius
Kumoxi
Yulen Xoshxius

Am waiting until Tuesday before I do any purchases as well. I heard that some champions drop in price once the season changes. XD Also I did by my main syndra without even playing her, I just looked her up a lot and was confident I would enjoy it.

Ahri JUST dropped from 6300, VERY recently. She won't be dropping anytime soon and maybe never again.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff