Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Consumer

9,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cool Cat 500
I've always had issues with the game, but whenever there's a large update I come back to see if it's any better than before, and with the latest update (150 : Rising Heroes Elite) it's been pretty positive so far.

Some examples of how it seems a bit better, not exactly from this one update but just in general.

1. Owl of Minervas are no longer cash shop items, which is fantastic since they seem pretty vital to finding items in the market. (Still annoying that you have to use them, but it's a step in the right direction.)

2. The community seems more calm and less vicious somehow.
Maybe the population just dwindled which could be seen as a bad thing, but either way I like it since this game is rather infamous for it's community otherwise.

3. More free customization options than before when it comes to your character's looks!
We no longer look like clones of each other!

4. It used to be that you could screw up your character by not doing the job upgrades at the exact level they become accessible to you. (You wouldn't be able to receive skill points...)
That is no longer an issue!

5. And the Maple Guide makes leveling a lot easier.
Gives you a suggested area to quest or grind and you can teleport to that spot and everything.

What do you Maplers think?
Is the game getting better?
Perhaps it's getting worst and I'm too optimistic in this case...?
Or has it not noticeably changed at all?

Friendly Citizen

9,525 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
I used to play a few years ago but i stopped playing for some odd reason, prolly cuz it got boring for me. I might pick it up again tho and start playing.

Magical Shounen

9,600 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Magical Girl 50
I tried it when that Acher hero came out but my pc couldn't handle it once I buy a new one I'll play it.

Fashionable Millionaire

7,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Friendly 100
I re downloaded Maplestory yesterday. It was alright. A bit disappointing.

Leveling is really easy. LIKE REALLY. Just grind. The only quests that you really need to do are the job advancement ones. Then again, other quests give items so it depends.
The tutorial can be skipped and you can get to level 10 in like 5 minutes of the game. (possibly less)

There are, however, a lot more classes now. So that's good and bad. (Too many decisions but its cool)

Last time I played before yesterday was when Phantom just came out.
Main reason I quit was because of the p2w aspect.
Couldn't do anything without nx it seemed. Im almost positive it still is a p2w. The most significant change since big bang or whenever has been the potential system. The best / only way to upgrade your stuff uses Nexon Cash? You're kidding right?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff