Welcome to Gaia! ::

2,450 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I'm thinking about playing Ragnarok Online and I don't know which job to choose.
I prefer a job that doesn't require a lot of money and where you don't really need to rely on other people.

I am completely new to this game so I really don't know a single thing about it.
I haven't played Ragnarok in a long time. But if I'm not wrong, a hunter/archer would be a pretty good choice at start, they don't require alot of maintenance.
The only downfall about archers are that arrows cost money (but not alot anyway) - if i recall, they have a skill later on that helps create arrows.

A job that would require alot of money would be a crusader/paladin, you should probably stay away from this class if you don't want to invest too much in it, you should also stay away from aco's and priests as they are quite reliant on the early stages of the game.

1,600 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Window Shopper 100
get a life :] biggrin
CalypsoAngel
get a life :] biggrin

Who me?
I liked being a Rogue/Ninja both really good
Number 1 class for easy leveling is the Thief class at beginner levels. You have an easier time fleeing monsters and you have double atk which procs at 50% at level 10 with no sp cost. Its skills are not as useful damage wise, but double atk makes it just as good and envenom will never miss. You also have the steal option.

When going into second class, you have a choice of sin or rogue. If you want money, go rogue and get intimadate. If you choose sin, you can kill easier but require support to do extreme damage.

Next class to choose would be archer. Arrows aren't really a big deal when you get to a high enough job level since you can make your own arrows at that point.

Second class are hunter or bard/dancer, hunter for fast attack and trap, and the musicals for support and really extreme damage (with the right gears...)

Last class would be mage/(ninja is doable but dont expect to get too far at later levels, and they have no trans class...) you can just snipe things afar with magic and use firewall if monsters get too close (learn how to do vertical firewall XD). Sage is nice, but its better to go wiz since you can solo/party more easily.

All other classes either require money or decent equiptment that you wont have access to if you're new.

Alien Cat

16,375 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Thief is pretty much the easiest way to level with , at least in my experience . Also being a merchant or archer is pretty good to start with . Don't choose acolyte or mage they are pretty hard to train .

7,050 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
For me, I prefer swordsman cuz at first u need str that increases the weight so u can carry more items like potions,herbs,loots,etc. and its up to u if u like a vit swordsman or a agi swordsman. And don't forget the other stats.

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Citizen 200
Cheap RO class? Thief or Swordsman, definitely.
All you need is a decent weapon and to level up your physical stats (and attack speed) just right and you won't need money for much, unless you're saving up for better armor or some headgear.
i'd love to start as a taekwon boy. unfortunately the process is kinda long. xp

3,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
Paladin, Assasin Cross or High Wizard.... its only a suggestion....

these three jobs have the more importance in WOE and Guild wars
biggrin surprised play rgnaro online is so cool
choose a job is so hard

5,300 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
burning_eyes
Boy Wonderful
I'm thinking about playing Ragnarok Online and I don't know which job to choose.
I prefer a job that doesn't require a lot of money and where you don't really need to rely on other people.

I am completely new to this game so I really don't know a single thing about it.

Heh, Ive played Ragnorak Online for 8 years and I honestly think Hunter/Sniper/Ranger(what ever that new one is)

Edit: PVE (Person vs environment [monstaz]) Hunter is what I ment btw, PVP Hunter is a whole diff story~ but there are diff paths you can go down when playing one as you can become PVE or PVP or WOE (Mass PVP~ Guild War)

5,300 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
itzyou24
Paladin, Assasin Cross or High Wizard.... its only a suggestion....

these three jobs have the more importance in WOE and Guild wars

He is just starting RO so I highly doubt he wants to even think about WOE right now. If he is playing original he has alot of stuff to worry about, and he can pretty much become a MVP player, WOE player , or a less mass pvp oriented player (or he could just do all of them although I recommend focusing down on one)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff