Welcome to Gaia! ::

Divine Muse

Kuroshiro-san
Foxesque
Have you guys seen the Revenant gameplay video? They've made hammer a ranged weapon in a really creative way. I can't wait to see what other spirits we can use as well.
I'm one of those people who just wait for WP to make a video about it instead of watching the official point of interest video lol

One of those people. xD Haha, yeah, I can see why. WP is way more entertaining than the PoI host, plus he throws in his own speculation.

Dangerous Partier

14,750 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Contributor 150
Finally, a Guild Wars thread, I needed this so bad! Hello people, big people, cats, imps and plants, my name is Mel.

I don't exactly have a favorite class, so I'll just list all my 80s in order of completion. Charr engi (Melekar), sylvari warrior (Melanges), asura ele (Meltak), sylvari engi (Melanocyte), sylvari necro (Melagia). If you didn't figure it by the character names, Guild Wars is why I go by Mel.

I need to find new friends, I'm so lonely in-game. crying
Yay gw2 thread! <3 I've got 13 80s so I wont bother listing them all but my main is a Sylvari Mesmer named Eevenia. :3 Can't wait for the expansion! Have ran out of things to do lol.

Dangerous Partier

14,750 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Contributor 150
xKaydra
Yay gw2 thread! <3 I've got 13 80s so I wont bother listing them all but my main is a Sylvari Mesmer named Eevenia. :3 Can't wait for the expansion! Have ran out of things to do lol.

How on Tyria could you grind through 13 80s? I just got my 5th and that was exhausting. The only way I'm going to get my revenant to max is by leveling tomes.

Divine Prophet

19,550 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Hey fellow Guild Wars 2 players XD. I've been playing for about a year and a half. I have level 80's of every class available. My main ones are Jita Neko (Charr Guardian), Jitachan (Human Warrior), and I really like Necro's so my Sylvari named Jita Dokusei.

I'm definitely going to level up at least to level 40 or more using tomes of influence once Revenant comes out. (: I also saw a leaked version of a Black Wing Back piece...it was awesome 0:
Melware
xKaydra

How on Tyria could you grind through 13 80s? I just got my 5th and that was exhausting. The only way I'm going to get my revenant to max is by leveling tomes.

Haha, I play too much and I ran out of things to do other than level new chars with a friend to play with new builds lol. I have a level 20 engineer i could get to level 80 next, then I can save all my tomes for my revenant!

dylan minnette 's Husbando

Toothsome Guardian

29,040 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
It was a good idea to make one since there are like 30 league ones x.x

Atkasha's Husband

Energetic Star

User Image
I play Human/Mesmer, mostly.
Right now, I'm leveling my Asuran Ranger though.

I'm both looking foreward to and loathing the release of the expansion.
I want to try the revenant, and I like the sound of the mastery system.
But all the questions I have haven't seemed to make it to the spotlight yet.
Maybe I'm just not paying attention enough?

For instance: Specialization? Can we pick the weapon? Or are there specific weapon that will be added to a profession with this?
Also. As in Guild wars, will the expansion come with a couple character slots? Or am I going to have to farm doubletime to get a slot for my revenant?

Sparkly Snowflake

Princess Dartanyon

For specializations, that would be the second thing. The specialization will add a specific weapon.

Atkasha's Husband

Energetic Star

Himmels Daemon
Princess Dartanyon

For specializations, that would be the second thing. The specialization will add a specific weapon.

User Image
That I understand, but do I get to pick which one? Or is A-net picking for us?
o_O

Sparkly Snowflake

Princess Dartanyon

Ah... Pick for you? Not sure what you mean.
Druid for Ranger adds Staff, the Necro one adds Greatsword.

Atkasha's Husband

Energetic Star

Himmels Daemon
Princess Dartanyon

Ah... Pick for you? Not sure what you mean.
Druid for Ranger adds Staff, the Necro one adds Greatsword.

User Image
A-net picking is giving one a set of options.
Like what you're describing, with the druid ranger thing.

I was hoping the player would get to free pick out of the weapon types available.

*Was hoping to be a longbow mesmer.* xD

Sparkly Snowflake

Princess Dartanyon

Yep, that's how it'll be. cat_3nodding You won't be able to have a longbow mesmer unless they make a specialization that adds longbow.

Dangerous Partier

14,750 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Contributor 150

Myself and a friend of mine that plays on and off tried to hypothesize what weapons each specialization will get. We based it off what was already confirmed and what seemed the most likely. There probably won't be multiples of the same weapon being unlocked for the classes as well, but that would also mean my theory falls apart later.

So, what we already know.
·Revenant [Mace, Ax, Hammer]
·Ranger-Druid [Staff]
·Necromancer-(Unknown) [Greatsword]
·Mesmer-Chronomancer? [Shield].
·Engineer-(Unknown) [Hammer]

Extemely likely.
·Thief-Sniper? [Rifle], this is based on what people believe they saw, but are not certain from the video.

Speculation.
·Guardian - I don't exactly recall what we speculated for the guardian, but I'm thinking [Ax] or [Warhorn]. Possibly [Rifle]?
·Elementalist - As much as I love my ele, I think they'll get the short end of the straw and get [Sword] main hand. My friend thinks they'll get a [Longbow]
·Warrior - My colleague believes the warrior might get a melee [Staff], similar to how the Revenant has a ranged hammer. I think that it could possibly be double [Daggers] or [Pistols].

What do you all think?

Sparkly Snowflake

I don't really remember what me and my friend where thinking, but I'll try to remember some of the things I might of guessed without reasons.

I was thinking of Shield for Elementalist and I think I was thinking of something like Shortbow for Mesmer. Based on that, I'd feel ok switching things. Ele. has so few things, could see them getting Axes, Warhorn, or Swords too.

Rifle seems sensible for Thief, who knows what they'll do cuase that's kinda the most obvious choice.

I think I was thinking Longbow for Guardian.

Melee Staff Warrior feels like something they would do. I wouldn't guess Pistols, but I could see Warrior getting Daggers.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff