dylan minnette 's Husbando

Toothsome Guardian

29,040 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
Miqueee
I started playing again.
However I find it really hard to play alone and levelling a character.
I definitely think Gw2 is more of a social game however I just haven't found a community or guild that I fit into.

I've played alone so far. Then again I haven't really been looking for a guild so far either. I'm usually just playing with my boyfriend since we play together at the kitchen table so we're actually talking while we're playing.
I see lots of talk in the chats though. That's always good to see. What I like is how friendly people will be as to bring you back to health if you die.
Queen of Memories
Miqueee
I started playing again.
However I find it really hard to play alone and levelling a character.
I definitely think Gw2 is more of a social game however I just haven't found a community or guild that I fit into.

I've played alone so far. Then again I haven't really been looking for a guild so far either. I'm usually just playing with my boyfriend since we play together at the kitchen table so we're actually talking while we're playing.
I see lots of talk in the chats though. That's always good to see. What I like is how friendly people will be as to bring you back to health if you die.
Oh yeah you're definitely lucky that you have that in your relationship. My partner doesn't like playing mmo's. So it's just me. At first i was immersed into how beautiful the game is. But then I just started getting lonely and lonelier.

Divine Muse

Miqueee

Which parts of the game do you favor? There's a ton of guilds that specialize that have some pretty great members. If you like to dabble in it all, there's a lot of pvx guilds as well. c:
Foxesque
Miqueee

Which parts of the game do you favor? There's a ton of guilds that specialize that have some pretty great members. If you like to dabble in it all, there's a lot of pvx guilds as well. c:
well see the things is i've only ever done the vanilla pve. I've never even dabbled in pvp or wvw or even ran a dungeon. I dunno i've been trying to find a guild but it's just been super difficult for me for some reason.

Divine Muse

Miqueee
Foxesque
Miqueee

well see the things is i've only ever done the vanilla pve. I've never even dabbled in pvp or wvw or even ran a dungeon. I dunno i've been trying to find a guild but it's just been super difficult for me for some reason.

PvP is probably the most toxic community in GW2 I've ever experienced so I steer clear of it. Everywhere else people are generally really nice. I know guilds don't do it so much anymore, but you can usually find a few recruiters wherever you go. If not, shout out and see if there's any around with a type of community you're looking for. I've noticed you've gotta kinda put yourself out there now. xD You can also set up yourself a listing on LFG for roamers in a map to run with, or join people looking for that. That's a really great way to find some fun people. c:
Foxesque
Miqueee
Foxesque
Miqueee

PvP is probably the most toxic community in GW2 I've ever experienced so I steer clear of it. Everywhere else people are generally really nice. I know guilds don't do it so much anymore, but you can usually find a few recruiters wherever you go. If not, shout out and see if there's any around with a type of community you're looking for. I've noticed you've gotta kinda put yourself out there now. xD You can also set up yourself a listing on LFG for roamers in a map to run with, or join people looking for that. That's a really great way to find some fun people. c:
Ah thank you. I dunno I'm just so socially awkward when it comes to reaching out in a mmo. But I guess you're right. Thanks.

Divine Muse

Miqueee

I totally understand. You're definitely right though. It's for sure a social game. I always get a little sad when people leave the game because there's no one for them to play with when there's so many great ways to meet people. ;v;

Witty Bloodsucker

Looking forward to the new expansion, I'm coming back to play I haven't played in well over a year so I had to buy the newest living story. :/

Toothsome Guardian

29,040 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
I need to get back into playing GW2. I haven't played in a while >.<

Sparkly Snowflake

Lunar New Year celebrations have started! yum_onigiri (Feb 10th)

It's mostly just the Dragon Ball activity, but also some chance things to open/sell, fireworks, and a new backpiece(2 variations) for the Year of the Ram.

Hilarious Genius

2,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Informer 100
I remember loving the game when I played the Beta. Anyways, I might start playing the game again if the Revenant plays like the Ritualist. I miss my spirits.

Toothsome Guardian

29,040 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
Are there any perks to being in a guild? I know you get passive perks in WoW but do you get anything like that in GW?

emotion_bigheart

Sparkly Snowflake

Queen of Memories
Are there any perks to being in a guild? I know you get passive perks in WoW but do you get anything like that in GW?

emotion_bigheart

Yep cat_3nodding You can get passive PvE perks (larger guilds will tend to keep those going). There's banners that can be dropped (usually by officer like members) for buffs. Claiming a place in WvW for you guild lets your guild activate buffs for that place (usually by officer like members). There's some other things, but those are 'perk' like things.

Toothsome Guardian

29,040 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
Himmels Daemon
Queen of Memories

emotion_bigheart

Yep cat_3nodding You can get passive PvE perks (larger guilds will tend to keep those going). There's banners that can be dropped (usually by officer like members) for buffs. Claiming a place in WvW for you guild lets your guild activate buffs for that place (usually by officer like members). There's some other things, but those are 'perk' like things.

That's always good to know

Timid Tipper

Just re-started playing gw2 after ~2 years! Would anyone care to add me? My in game friend thingy is "Sou.6715"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff