Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tenacious Healer

Has anyone heard of or played this game before? My little sister wants to try it but my family and I are iffy about letting her download it without knowing anything about it. It looks nifty, and it's currently still in open beta so it's got some room to grow. I know "Freemium" games are pretty much the norm in the MMO genre nowadays, but I don't want her to get invested into a game that's really heavy on the pay-to-win aspect either now or in the future. Furthermore, we have a standard off-the-shelf HP Pavilion running on Windows 7 that isn't really geared towards heavy gaming(the most I've played on it are Slender and Minecraft), and I'm worried that if we do download it, the computer won't be able to handle it enough for her to enjoy the game(I'm not tech savvy at all, I know pretty much s**t about that aspect aside from "s**t computer means s**t gaming experience" sweatdrop )

It seems like a pretty straightforward anime-inspired MMORPG, and from what I've gathered it seems like it's easy and fun. I just want to hear from some folks with experience on it. It would be her first experience with an MMO. I'm not much of an MMO guy right now, but I'm interested in jumping in as well.

Here's the site
Aura Kingdom

Mega Regular

8,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I wouldn't say it aggressively tries to make you buy things, and it might be OK, for her, since to me it seemed pretty easy to play and even childish up to some extent.
I played it a couple months ago, I'm not sure how much the game may have changed

As far as of your computer can handle it or not it's hard to say without knowing the CPU and video card your computer uses. But you can always just run it with low settings and turning of the shadows.

Demonic Warlord

16,725 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • PvP 200
Its potentially going to become like GrandFantasia.
Pay to win will become necessity.

I shrugged off during closed beta when I saw their "buy closed beta" crap for different rewards.
If shes just playing for fun its ok but pvp wise, scrap the idea unless you get cash to spend in the future.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff