Welcome to Gaia! ::

lubs u

<3! 0.7 70.0% [ 7 ]
</3 0.3 30.0% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 10 ]
< 1 2

Citizen

If I had the money to play Alpha I would, but since it's going into beta next month I'll probably buy the $50 founder pack. It just sucks the beta servers won't be 24/7.

Familiar Friend

Magikarp Splashes

If I had the money to play Alpha I would, but since it's going into beta next month I'll probably buy the $50 founder pack. It just sucks the beta servers won't be 24/7.

Ooh cool!
I'm planning on making a guild if you're interested at all. The sandbox and faction elements really interest me, and I've wanted to get back into that sense of community and teamwork from MMOs that I used to play. I still keep in touch with some of my old guildies from years ago, which is cool.

If anything else, it's nice to find people playing / planning on playing the same MMO.

My Skype is pandadancetime; Steam is Kafra
cat_3nodding

~Lubs

Prophet

Ice-Cold Shoujo

m00tz
m00tz
ll dell Orso ll
I've only recently been looking at ArcheAge (~2 days).
There is one thing that might be a deal breaker for me but I'm not sure if it's true or not, so i was hoping you guys could share some light on it...
Is it true you can camp people and then steal the loot they are carrying?
Will there be a flag-system so that when you go into a pvp area, that has gathering resources or quests, you can't engage?

Don't remember the exact terms but I'll sum it up. Also the game has a crime system where thieves and murders when killed go to trial at a certain point a person gets moved to the pirate faction which is at odds with the other 2 factions.

Zones are broken into safe (level 30 and below zones) and conflict/war. 31 and higher zones have a war/peace cycle that means no ganking during peace but free during war. But if you attack someone of another faction in your safe zone, you become flagged and they can kill you.

There is no looting of players gear/loot but you will drop any Trade Packages you have and they can take those. Also anything you plant/build in those war/conflict zones can be destroyed or looted. You don't lose any of your gear, gold, or anything like that.

Quote:
My friends had me join their WoW PvP server and yeah... as a result I can't even begin to describe how much I hate WoW. Proving first impressions matter. I'm not interested in a game where I can't gather a resource or do quests because some higher lvl douchebag keeps ganking me.

I have to say, you sound like a carebear player. AA most likely will not interest you because it is heavily focused on OWPvP.

read your post awhile ago and i was wondering if you were interested in Archeage after release and if open world pvp is your kind of game because im from a guild that plays to be the best in this kind of game and they will be moving to archeage after release.
If you are, would you be willing to join a community of players that goes around killing people, mainly looking for gvgs and pvp theorycrafting?
Also, any chance I could get a few tips from you on what to do after starting, etc, i'm downloading the game now and it should be finished in a couple hours.
I really wanted to give this game a try but my system is not up to par with being able to render the Hollywood-like graphics this game wants me to render. Then again I'm practically typing this on a toaster so that's kind of a given. It's a shame really as this MMO looked kind of fun.

Deathly Wyvern

22,890 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Is this game any good at all? What's the gameplay like or is it your traditional point and click MMO? Does it play similarly to RIFT?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff