Welcome to Gaia! ::

Will you be playing ArcheAge on it's release, Sept 16th?

Yes 0.57142857142857 57.1% [ 12 ]
No 0.14285714285714 14.3% [ 3 ]
Undecided 0.28571428571429 28.6% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]
1 2 >

Invisible Lover

I'm interested in hearing what the thoughts of those who participated in this weekend's most recent open beta for the sandbox MMORPG, ArcheAge.

While it has a very theme-parked path, typical of most cookie-cutter MMO's, the game itself felt like it really shined in the areas beyond the typical route of most other MMO's - Such as the crafting, gathering, and utilization of the game's Labor system.

Having played Tera and other action MMORPG's lately, though, was quite a setback for me when the utilization of the old Tab-and-target system was used as AA's primary combat mechanic. For the time and development of MMO's, it feels like the tab and target system is antiquated.

Overall, it seems like it'll be at least a fun time sink. Another MMORPG, not slotted for release until early 2016, called Black Desert seems like it'll encompass just about all the features of AA - And more, so I'm going to be watching the development of that game, while playing through what AA has to offer.
It's an MMO I feel I'll really enjoy, but most likely get bored after 100+ hours. So I think I might play it , but not long term.

Destitute Poster

11,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I'll pass and wait for BDO.

At least it's showing some promise.

Blessed Poster

Deflesh

You mean wait for a MMO that could take years if ever to come to US/EU?
Deflesh

What game is BDO?

Destitute Poster

11,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
m00tz
Deflesh

You mean wait for a MMO that could take years if ever to come to US/EU?
They already have a US publisher and the only thing they have to do is translate.

Destitute Poster

11,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
DA_Edwards
Deflesh

What game is BDO?
Black Desert Online.

Think Vindictus, but in an open world, pvp, more structured classes, an economy you can impact that changes city to city, parkour...

Beautiful graphics and an unmatched character editor to boot.

Invisible Lover

Yeah - It'll be a good game, for sure. The customization in Black Desert is ridiculous but, like I stated, the developers have stated that it's not slotted for release until (optimistically) early 2016. But, considering the amount of content and work required to put it together, I wager the game'll have set backs, just like with any other MMO, and probably not get a solid launch date until mid 2016.

Invisible Hunter

4,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I am super exited. Also slightly saddened because i wont be able to play the first day because of work. I already have a logo made to put on my ships and on my characters random stuff. I just really like crafting things and helping people out. I did a bunch of stuff with random people that just exploded into an adventure.

Invisible Regular

I like'd hitting max rank in composition and walking around in war zones playing music. Got free walks as long as I play people music ₍₍ ◝(・ω・)◟ ⁾⁾☆

5,250 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I'm in the game mostly for the PVP, I was never really into crafting and farming but I'm hoping I can get myself into it since that seems to be the game's focus.

Werewolf

I'm just waiting for the Thursday patch, sadly I won't be able to get on the servers at the start. Work ruins everything D;

IRL Noob

8,050 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • Timid 100
For me it's a game I will be playing a lot. I played in Alpha and Beta and I've had a blast and can't wait for the headstart! Even asked our local gaming lounge if they could download AA on release day so we can try get more people in our town to play (mainly for those all nighter events so I don't have to drag my own PC down and back hyuk hyuk).

But I've really enjoyed myself. I might not have if I hadn't been playing with my friends in beta and found a few cool people on Alpha. Just grouping up with people, going on adventures, burning your labor effectively as a team, it's been really fun cx I did get worried that I'd be bored by release, but I've made a few characters since starting and had so much fun and different experiences on each one. Even if there are other games out there which will provide better experiences to people, for me this MMO has just felt fun and easy to get into. There's not been a major grind to cap and it's just easy to jump right in. Level 10-25 is where you can just go off and do your own thing (I think the level 1-20 quests are like your tutorial, which is kind of needed in this game. People who skip the vocational quest dialog and then questioning everything saying they never explain how to do anything makes me chuckle at times xP ) All in all though, I'd say it's worth playing if you've got nothing to play right now or are waiting for something else, especially since it's f2p. People seem to be whining about f2p, but in all honesty, aside from slow labor regen and not being able to own land, it's a pretty solid with the content at f2p. I mean, a couple of my friends were more interested in combat anyway, so I let them use my land, got them to burn their labor when they had the chance and they just got on with it. Let the us patrons use our labor cx It is a pretty party/guild orientated game though o:

To be honest, I'm looking forward to capping my main and changing my class type to something that has no attack and just defense/buffs to become a sexy metalic meat shield in PVE and trying to figure out how to make it work in PVP (It's my first time being a tank in an mmo, but I've been having fun! I ran out of time to try my all defensive build though o smile . I'll also be making an alt character and finding some other players to form a musical group where we perform our songs in theatres and ships around the world, running through raids cheering our fans on with our songcraft~ <3

Tl;dr: It's fun for me, try it out when it releases on the 16th. If you're waiting for another MMO, you can still try this out and it might be something to play whilst killing some time!
hope i'll be seeing you guys in ArcheAge,
Server - Kyrios
Faction: Nuian / Elf

sadly,i didn't buy the founders pack ._.

Invisible Lover

I'm glad I didn't cave in and drop $50 on a founder's pack. Turns out, the AA servers has had a pretty rough time handling all the activity of release - And that's just the patron headstart population. I can only imagine how crazy things will be on official launch.

If no one's really set on a server to join, the guild that I'm a part of will be settling in Ollo - A western server with some RP on it. We were originally going to settle Salphira but it was apparently "claimed" by a large group of South American guilds who'll be speaking Spanish/Portuguese so we figured it'd be better to set up in a server where the majority will (hopefully) be English speaking players.

If anyone's interested in joining Ollo with us, send me a PM. For certain reasons, I can't disclose the name of my guild until official launch. Requirements to join is that you're at least 20 years of age and will use Teamspeak. The age requirement, itself, is largely a preference - But usually no one younger than 17-18.

Either way, if any of you players are joining Ollo, I look forward to fighting with/against you!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff