Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Browser

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hygienic 200
Ok, so no one seems to understand this concept anywhere I've looked for it.

What I am looking for is an MMORPG that you can play ONLINE as an MMO or OFFLINE as a standard RPG.

Playing offline would let you get exp, items, skills, etc that you can still use in your online character. So both parts would have a shared character.

The closest I have found is .hack//frägment, which was only in Japan and no longer in service. I can link the wiki article for the game if it helps get my idea across.

Lonely Gatekeeper

13,625 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Ah yes. I do enjoy those. Great for when your internet is choked up downloading something and you still want to play.

They are exceptionally hard to find unfortunately. Monster Hunter has something along those lines. Dunno if it counts as an RPG though. More like an Action game that you can play with randoms or friends or offline when you want.

Console based. New one (Monster Hunter 4) is either coming out soon or already out.

Thats all I can think of tbh. Best of luck though.
Cosmic Break, a third person shooter themed around cyborgs and giant robots, has a very limited offline mode. The rest of it is a free-to-play and often-times pay-to-win MMO with pretty bad netcode, though it can be enjoyable at times if you have some friends to play with. I hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff